PDA

View Full Version : Pimp my bushy!!

RingOfScale
02-27-2005, 10:14 PM
Hey guys, say i had 200 dollars to spent on my bushmaster ... what would you sugest I do?

CURRECT SPECS:

teardrop milled bushmaster 2000

Palmer rock LPR
Palmer stabilizer reg
Oldskool Dye stickies
OTP barrel kit (missing the .689 :()
CP on/off
CP rail
Some random purple feedneck (came that way ... it makes the gun have a frankenstein feel)

Soo ... i'm in the market for a new frame and trigger i guess, and probably a new board, but what else ? (are the Z-Grips for bushies any good ? they are only like 50 bucks from zenitram now ... so could get a Z-Grip and a chaos board for only like 130 together or so)

68magOwner
02-27-2005, 10:37 PM
PDS for shure, i prefer not to shoot anything without eyes since having my first aced marker

tippmannsniper-
02-28-2005, 12:25 AM
definitly get pds and then get it vaporized by vapor works so it shoots like new

ej_y4
02-28-2005, 01:54 AM
pds and vaporized..........and if you have more money vaporwork's choas board ;) and their quick switch

O_o
02-28-2005, 02:53 AM
PDS and Chaos board :headbang:

andreb
02-28-2005, 01:11 PM
PDS and Chaos board :headbang:

My thoughts EXACTLY!

Lurker27
02-28-2005, 05:32 PM
pred2 morlock w/ eyes- 160

Delrin trigger (guy on PBN makes them to your spec for 15),new insert for barrel kit, all new Orings/Xrings, slick honey - 40ish

Basically, you'll want to go over the gun and throw a bit of polish on a squeegee, clean out everything really well, and polish the inner bores and ram shaft. Replace all orings. You might want to chop off some of the top tube and polish up the Raw AL while you're at it. A polished noid tray is nifty, too. While you're at it, dump as much reciprocating mass as possible. Skeletonize your hammer, chop off most of the back of the bolt (preferably delrin), anything you can do. Then lube everything properly and and shoot a few hundred shots through.

I saw pred2 over chaos because it gives you an instant resale bump, not to mention you get cheater modes, which everyone loves. :mad:

Cheap electropneus have mad potential. You already have very nice regs, so you're most of the way there...The bove is more or less my MO on tribals, defiants, bushies etc.

MarkM
02-28-2005, 06:12 PM
I saw pred2 over chaos because it gives you an instant resale bump, not to mention you get cheater modes, which everyone loves. :mad:

The Predator only becomes a cheater if the user decides to set the Predator in such a way as it falls outside of the tournament/event rules. What is doesn't do is switch to a "legal" mode if you fiddle with a switch etc so it stays in the mode you have it set in, doesn't matter how many times you turn it off and back on again. This was done because of the REAL cheater boards/chips out there. With the Predator you need to go switch the marker off and switch it back on and then go into program mode and change the register for the fire modes and it isn't a 5 sec job so it isn't something that can be done in game time unlike more than few true cheat moded markers ;)
I know you knew this but this is how rumours start, so nipping it in the bud before it gets copied and linked to around the net.

Lurker27
02-28-2005, 08:06 PM
I'm sorry, the LTM ramping modes I can understand, but the Die-Nasty mode is just pure cheating BS, and I'm going to call them out on it.

luckily adding cheater stuff to a gun isn't a big boost to resale anymore.

Thing is, other boards advertise alot of BS too. No significant advances have been made in the actual technology in YEARS. Like, 4 of them.

It's just new ways to cheat, now.

MarkM
03-01-2005, 06:47 AM
No it isn't a cheater mode if the event allows it then it is fine. If I wrote the code that allowed you to fire one shot semi then hold the tirgger and it was FA that would also be ok but since many events don't allow this you would fall foul of the rules of those events. A cheater board is one that when you have it in say the Die-nasty mode and you switch the marker off it reverts to semi only regardless of how you pull the trigger. The Predator doesn't do this, if you switch the marker off when set in Die-nasty and then switch it back on it is still in that mode so you will get penalised. Other boards will "forget" the Die-nasty mode and revert to semi only THAT is a cheat. Don't look for problems that aren't there. If you walk onto the field with a mode that isn't allowed in the event with a Predator equipped marker then you will be caught since the Predator was designed to stay in the mode set by the user. This was to avoid the BS that other makers of boards used with secret codes and setting forced eye mode to get past the chrono etc etc. I cannot use FA in any form in the UK so my Predator is programmed differently from all of the others since the FA auto coding isn't on the board, I can go to where it would be on a US board and the registers do nothing so do I have a cheater board?

Automaggin2
03-01-2005, 10:54 AM
How about...Sell your current setup for $250 and wait a week or two for the 2k5 Bushy to come out, and buy that! It should be around $450. Looks to be a big improvement over the current models. For one, they got rid of that huge battery tray.

TAG
03-01-2005, 11:09 AM
no reason to defend our modes on here. a cheater board allows the user to use something that is NOT legal in the current game then disable it before they can be caught. We do not have any way to disable the cheat fast. You would have to.....
1. Turn the gun off and back on with the trigger pulled
2. pull the trigger 7 times to go to register 7
3. wait for lights to flash current settings
4. pull the trigger 1 time to turn the set mode 1 which is no enhanced modes
5. wait for led to flash 2 times
6 turn gun off and back on

see....no way to cheat here and if you jsut turn the gun off and back on it does the full auto first shot thing again.....a definate catch when the ref pulls the trigger

you guys seem to think that paintball revolves around tournament play. wake up fellas. you are about 2% of the playing group in this sport. At the last scenario game we attended the promoter said all of our modes were legal during daytime play.

Now lets get back to cheating and being "illegal"
You drive a car that is definatley illegal based on the parameters of this discussion. you even have a quick kill fix in the event a ref...errrr.....cop tries to check you. Do you still drive? IF you do then you must be a "cheater"? correct?

My point? Your car goes faster than the posted speed limit and you can slow down anytime you want. Do you choose to go faster when you should not? Can you?

If you want to discuss cheats how about the guys that make boards and chips that offer the ability to kill ramping with a single push of the switch or trigger. It started with the ability to kill the ramping features by turning the eyes off. Now we have guys programming boards that will ramp velocity by turning up the dwell as the gun fires. These are cheater boards and chips and those developers should have their products banned from all events and fields. They guys that wrote this code are the ones that made us have to use the 15bps ramping modes. I like the 15bps...ramping I could do without.

Take back your game and play with skill ban those that cater to the unskilled. I'll make the t-shirt.