PDA

View Full Version : My Impulse

SummaryJudgement
02-28-2005, 12:27 PM
Well, I've had this for a while and just thought I'd share. Bought it off an Eclipse factory player from England a couple of years ago.

:D

It rocks something fierce :headbang:

Enjoy...

MisterBones25
02-28-2005, 12:33 PM
:wow: that is an absolutly intoxicating finish :wow:

Halliday
02-28-2005, 12:38 PM
If you can't shoot out the other team, just use the reflection of the sun to blind them into submission :cry:

WenULiVeUdiE
02-28-2005, 12:40 PM
:wow:
That's the hottest Impulse I've ever seen. And the only one I'd ever consider buying.

Snertz
02-28-2005, 12:44 PM
That's a insane impulse. Any idea how many of them actually exist? since that finish is such a pain to produce, can't be too many..

FreakBaller12
02-28-2005, 12:57 PM
and I though when I clicked this thread it was going to be some ugly imp. OMG was I wrong
pure secks. :wow: :headbang: :hail:

mag88888
02-28-2005, 04:07 PM
holy shnikes. best looking imp ever! :headbang:

yakitori
02-28-2005, 04:11 PM
nice imp. Slap a no rise on that puppy, and then your settin phat

MindJob
02-28-2005, 04:16 PM
I love those aurora finishes. That is beautiful. Only Imp id ever consider.

FireITup14
02-28-2005, 04:24 PM
who does aurora finishes? and what exactly are they?

frischtr
02-28-2005, 04:25 PM
I'm not sure how many Aurora Imps there were, but I believe there were only 10 Aurora Cockers... Pumaking here on AO owns (or owned, not sure now) 2 of them...

frischtr
02-28-2005, 04:27 PM
who does aurora finishes? and what exactly are they?

Eclipse Factory did them... I'm not sure if it's an ano or plating...

68magOwner
02-28-2005, 04:33 PM
i believe its plating (almost positive) anyway, throw on a new feedneck and a LPR, then go blow off some faces

SummaryJudgement
02-28-2005, 04:58 PM
Well, here's the story:

Close to a year and a half ago I was checking out the Eclipse page and looked under the clearance/hot deals/previously owned stuff and spotted this impulse. I dropped them a line and they still had it. It belonged to a guy named Ledz who worked there and was on the factory team. I had to get it shipped to me from England, but since I was buying it outside of Europe I didn't have to pay the VAT (some sort of European sales tax). I got the gun for less than someone in England would have!

As you can see, yes it has the aurora finish, and NO PICTURES WILL DO IT JUSTICE!! It's gorgeous! I had to have it. Plus all the goodies it came with, here's some spec:

-Eclipse impulse body (aurora finish)
-Eclipse magno blade frame (the trigger is awsome) (aurora finish)
-Dye Boomstick (aurora finish on tip)
-Fangs button covers (aurora)
-Eclipse valve cap (aurora)
-Feedneck, bolt pin, Eclipse drop forward, and vert air adapter (aurora)
-Vertical Max-Flow (aurora)
-Eclipse Fangs Detents
-2003 jewels on gun
-I have a matching LPR, but stripped the threads
-Blue Light Cricket Board, push button, vision
-Eclipse low pressure valve
-Eclipse ram assembly
-Dye grips

I added:
-New Designs eye cover
-ND hammer cap (toxic laser ingraving)
-ND Equalizer Delrin bolt
-ND Slick Shot ram shaft
-Max-flo 68/4500

Oh yeah, and I got it $700 :clap: not including the stuff I added afterwards.
All this led to a problem though...I am always on the lookout for the next "deal of a lifetime"!

I'll put pics of my cocker up next. It's sweet too ;)

Thanks for the comments guys. Oh yeah, IF ANYBODY KNOWS WHERE TO GET AN AURORA ANO DONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!! I've contacted Eclipse and they won't do them anymore. Apparently it's a really hard finish to pull off and not very cost effective for them. But if I can get it done somewhere, my Karta's going there asap.

Laterz
SummaryJudgement :headbang:

ojhspyro89
02-28-2005, 05:35 PM
How much does that auara (hahah cant spell) plating usually cost for all the components.

slade
02-28-2005, 06:00 PM
there have been a few threads on AO about it, the aurora plating is extremely hard to do and there is a fairly high liklihood of the components getting messed up. as a result of that no one does the finish for paintball anymore. if you CAN find a place that does, it will cost A LOT. do a search, you can find the threads on AO about it that have a lot of info; someone even said how the finish is done. i think its a zinc plating that has high voltages run through it.

Hybrid
02-28-2005, 06:02 PM
that is a one-of-a-kind, man. nice! :hail:

it reminds me of the Chameleon paintjob people get on cars sometimes. it has the same suttle fade between colors.

SummaryJudgement
02-28-2005, 06:11 PM
I think they use vaporized titanium and high voltage to get the finish somehow :confused:

I've also looked into getting a "chameleon" style anno like the car paint. I saw some tippys on Punishers site a couple of years ago like that, but he uses paint to get that effect. If I could find an ano job that achieved that effect I would get that, second to the aurora. If anybody knows where I can get that, gimme a heads up please!

Thanks for the compliments guys! Spread the word. I'd like to get feedback/input/mad props from everyone interested.

SummaryJudgement

FreakBaller12
02-28-2005, 07:24 PM
How much does that auara (hahah cant spell) plating usually cost for all the components.

you really can't send your gun into get this. It's something like 1 in 10 bodies turns out good. This cost eclipse monney out the butt. That's why they were discontinued and so dang expensive.

SummaryJudgement
03-01-2005, 11:32 AM
How do I enter GOTM?

frischtr
03-01-2005, 11:46 AM
Wait for the March thread to come up... Then post pics...

TheTramp
03-01-2005, 11:52 AM
If that badboy had an LPR it would be nuts.

Unfortunatly unless you could somehow get the LPR done in the same finnish it would probably throw off the lines.

SummaryJudgement
03-01-2005, 12:12 PM
Yeah, that's why I haven't bothered. I'll keep the valve cap for coolness sakes. I had the eclipse viersion of the tapeworm (the metal bullet looking thing near the valve cap...can't remember name for some reason) in the aurora finish too, but I accidentally stripped the threads on it. I got it repaired, but I kinda like the look of it in clear to break up the front end a little.

Oh yeah, I bought this about a year ago because of the finish (bottom left hand corner of pic)...look familiar?

If Zippo can do it, why can't we?