PDA

View Full Version : Please vote and help me decide my next project!!!

Conversekidz
02-28-2005, 03:35 PM
Ok so here is the deal. I am going to refinish my ICD freestyle, the question is what should I do.

I have narrowed it down to 4 options for the finish and I want to see and hear other peoples opinions on it.

The four options are listed in the poll as well as here, please note this will include the feedneck, HPR/LPR and barrel as well in the total package of coloring.

1st option: Dust Olive Drab finish on the marker and barrels, with some black accents from the side plates and eye covers.

2nd option: Black Chrome on the gun and exterior of the barrels (I checked and you can plug the holes to do this.)

3rd option: Copper plate the gun, and have the only copper ICD freestyle.

4th option, also the most bling bling: Gold plate the gun and barrels.

Before people go off and say I can't plate aluminum, you can, you just have to do a zinc bath first. The interanl tollerances will not be effected because the openings will be sealed from the stripper and plating.

Let the voting and input begin.

JoshK
02-28-2005, 04:45 PM
The last three would all look amazing, but options 2 and 4 are the best...i think ill vote for 2 though.

Creative Mayhem
02-28-2005, 04:59 PM
Opt 1 most feasable, seeing that you actually want to use it. I like OD with the black accents.

Black chrome is a finicky thing it doesnt hold up to use, the black tends to wear off.

The other plating is cool and everything, but again, you will want to use it, and i would be pissed if i paid good money and the plating ends up coming off.

Just my .02

Phrontman
02-28-2005, 05:04 PM
Ill take option #1. It may not be as far fetched as the others, but i think itd looks the sickest(as in sweet!). Plus, you could put a decal or custom painting of your team logo or somethin and itd be in the likeness of WWII decals on bombers etc. Could be pretty chill.

Conversekidz
02-28-2005, 05:07 PM
I just stopped by a local anno shop to talk to them about my ideas. Turns out after talking to them for a while I find out the Bob Long sends EVERY SINGLE GUN of his to them to be annoed. They have been doing his stuff for years. It was great I asked to see some examples and they pull out clammy frames to show me :)

To get the shop to do the olive drab with a dust finish, including all the parts and my barrel kit is looking at 180-250.

Conversekidz
02-28-2005, 05:09 PM
Turns out they have a copper anno that looks just as good as real copper, so that will be just as good of an option.

Aliens-8-MyDad
02-28-2005, 05:25 PM
after seeing that copper statue of liberty bike on OCC Im gonna have to say get that sucker coper plated.

really...

DO IT!

minimag03
02-28-2005, 05:47 PM
Do the copper man, that would be awesome

SummaryJudgement
02-28-2005, 07:15 PM
Instead of black chrome you can get mirror black anno. Very reflective.

68magOwner
02-28-2005, 10:29 PM
black chrome with chrome accents

ramennoodles
02-28-2005, 11:22 PM
I went with olive drab, although I might do a bit more with black accents. Trigger? Black Grips? I dunno.

Duck Hunt
02-28-2005, 11:31 PM
Platinum baby.

Sean

Conversekidz
03-01-2005, 01:21 AM
Personally right now I am leaning towards the copper anno, i like how it looks and I havne't seen many "copper" guns

SpecialBlend2786
03-01-2005, 01:32 AM
olive drab

magman007
03-01-2005, 02:33 AM
well, none of the plating opions are going to be strong, and the copper plating is going to tarnish in no time flat. you know how pennies get nasty? and how the statue of liberty is green? well dont wait too long, because your freestyle will soon turn out like that.

gold wont stand up too long either, and black chrome is really weak as well. stick with anno. anno it copper if you want, but actually plating it is asking for an ugly gun within a few years

Conversekidz
03-01-2005, 02:40 AM
I'm going to stick to anno.

I am thinking of going with the copper, and getting all the parts finished in copper, and then getting an extra set of side plates in black if i want to change it up.

I like the look of copper that has patenad sp? and was thinking Icould get a copper base with a green spong finish.