PDA

View Full Version : How do you put the clamshell frame together...

hobbesTZ
02-28-2005, 07:43 PM
I'm having a hard time moving everything from my classic timmy frame to the 2k2 style LCD clamshell. I can't seem to get everything to fit in well. I've seen a few pictures they show a space between the 'noid and the back of the frame that I do not have, so I can't really stuff wires in there. I don't even know if its the wires, theres a lot of crap stuffed it there.

hobbesTZ
02-28-2005, 10:15 PM
And you can see pics here

manike
02-28-2005, 10:25 PM
hhmmm... don't classics need the underside of the body milling to fit the clamshell?....

Not sure.

Show us pics. :)

hobbesTZ
02-28-2005, 10:26 PM
No idea. What do you want pics of? Also, I just removed the trigger guard and it went on a lot batter, not perfect, but better.

manike
02-28-2005, 10:30 PM
Of where you can't get everything to fit. :D

You are putting the large part of the clamshell onto the body first right?

Then fitting everything into it? then trying to put the smaller (LCD) side on?

hobbesTZ
02-28-2005, 10:39 PM
I was able to get it screwed together (classic board, no trigger guard) but there were some smal gaps. When I swapped out the classic for the WAS it wouldn't fit at all. It just sort of teeter totters. One side will fit (say, at the bottom) but the otherwise will be sticking up in the air. The WAS board fit fine in the classic frame.

skife
02-28-2005, 11:15 PM
sounds to me like somethings wrong :D

hobbesTZ
03-01-2005, 05:04 PM
:(

paintball8869
03-01-2005, 05:09 PM
the classic does not need the underside milled to put a 2k2 clamshell on it, as long as it's the LCD version of the clamshell. LED clamshells and the new 2k5 frames need the body milled out.

I've found that even though the board sticks up in the air a little bit, it does not cause any problems, nor is it damaged by the clamshell when you close it up. You might however want someone to mill the underside of your body to help eliminate fitting issues, this will allow you to tuck wires/hoses into it and everything will fit much better (not as cramped). This will probably cost around $40 at a decent machine shop.

tony3
03-01-2005, 05:09 PM
Underside of classics need to be milled out for clamshells last time I checked.