PDA

View Full Version : questions about emag software

doh
02-28-2005, 10:40 PM
i was wondering if you could give me some info on the software of the emag
what are the capabilities of the different types of software (1.37, 3.2, 4.0, early software, anything i forgot)
what was the reson for recalling the 4.0 and what are the chances it could happen on any given gun
any other info you could give me would be great too

LawnGnome7
02-28-2005, 11:46 PM
check out havoc's site, i think it is all there

http://www.havoc-online.com

Banshee23
03-01-2005, 01:40 AM
No offense, but all of the info you're looking for has posted multiple times in these forums before. A simple search would have showed you all you're looking for. Havoc's site covers the basics of the different softwares for you, for more 4.x info just search the boards ;)

doh
03-01-2005, 10:09 PM
sorry, but my internet is running to slow to serch, and havoc online didnt have a specific bps count on the 3.2, plus id like to know exactly what is going wrong with the 4.0s that they dont use them anymore and some advice from people with 4.0s

Dayspring
03-01-2005, 11:31 PM
Unexplained full auto.

White_Noise
03-01-2005, 11:49 PM
the FA issues with the 4.x softwares i believe i heard were caused by interference between the HES and the solenoid. cant remember where i heard that, but i think i remember hearing that somewhere.

3.2 software has a cap at 20bps.

doh
03-02-2005, 09:22 PM
is the issue permenent to the gun, if the software is reflashed after the occurance happens will there still be lasting damage?

Miscue
03-02-2005, 11:23 PM
i was wondering if you could give me some info on the software of the emag
what are the capabilities of the different types of software (1.37, 3.2, 4.0, early software, anything i forgot)
what was the reson for recalling the 4.0 and what are the chances it could happen on any given gun
any other info you could give me would be great too

1.37 - Had some burst modes, game timer, no shot buffering or ACE support.

3.2 - Shot buffering, ACE support, 20bps max.

4.20 - ROF indicator, improved EEPROM storing routines (vs. 3.2), bug-free shot counter, Intellifeed Priming - when ACE doesn't detect a ball, it tells loader w/Intellifeed to try to feed, 15.9 bps setting for NXL rules, 20bps max, electronic safety, semi-customizable scrolling text on boot with complete alphabet (3.2 has only a part of it).

It didn't get released because AGD chose not to (possible liability was not worth it - unrelated to previous malfunction issues), although I was approached by AGD to create it for them. Previous versions were twitchy, and several markers had problems with it. 3.2 actually suffers from the same problem under the right conditions - but you pretty much cannot do it on accident... it's kinda hard to even do it on purpose if you know how to. This is not the case with 4.x. 4.20 cured several markers, I figured out a software approach to fixing the hardware interference problem. Dayspring's marker is the only counter-example that I know of, dunno why his does that.

Miscue
03-02-2005, 11:24 PM
is the issue permenent to the gun, if the software is reflashed after the occurance happens will there still be lasting damage?

No... no lasting damage.

doh
03-03-2005, 08:03 PM
It didn't get released because AGD chose not to (possible liability was not worth it - unrelated to previous malfunction issues.

how did some people get there hands on it then, ive seen two people on this forum selling them with 4.0, is there a difference in 4.0 and 4.x

your post kind of confused me, it seems to contradict itself, or mabe im just slow( probably, but explain it for me either way)

Dayspring
03-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Beta testers.

And there was some subtle differences between them.

Counterfeit_Syn5304
03-28-2005, 08:26 PM
I have the 4.01 and I dont have any problems...I guess I'm lucky.

gothsqwd
03-29-2005, 04:01 PM
I have 3.0 on my emag. would there be any real advantage to having it flashed to 3.2? would it fix any bugs or have any other benefits?

Boydster
03-31-2005, 04:56 PM
3.0 has many bugs. 3.2 is the same, just a lot more stable.
I used to have 4.0, went full auto a couple of times. I know of a way to fix it, but I've never gotten around to it. I now have 3.2.

Counterfeit_Syn5304
04-24-2005, 04:07 PM
I had the problem with full auto just messing around with the trigger but as long as your trigger magnet for the HES is far enough away it wont go full auto. Also, when your battery is dying it will sometimes go in full auto. Just tellin what I have experienced.