PDA

View Full Version : How do you guys like my selfmade dropforward?

Sledgehammer
11-17-2001, 08:14 AM
Just got it made to my specs, and I do think it balances my Mag quite nicely.

What do you think?

manike
11-17-2001, 08:38 AM
Hey that's nice, I think maybe just a small radius at the front top edge would help a little with the aesthetics. Not a big one though as at the moment I think the style of it really suits the WDP AIR. But a radius that looks the same as on the square AIR reg would finish it off perfectly. Then a deep black glossy anno to match the air and you are all set!

I just picked up an AIR two days ago in exactly the same colours, blue lock socks and all :) Blue and black, I love that colour scheme!

manike

Sledgehammer
11-17-2001, 09:59 AM
Manike:

I actually planned and blueprinted it with a radius on the top front edge, they messed that one up.

From the construction it's a little wide for a drop forward (19 mm), but that way it lines up prefectly with the AIR mounting adaptor. But on the other hand that leaves plenty material for custom-milling :)

I'm currently looking for a place where i can get it annoed (glossy black).

BTW, I love <b>my</b> color scheme which is <b>green</b> lok sok, <b>green</b> display and <b>green</b> revvy on top of my gun :D

manike
11-17-2001, 10:59 AM
On my screen it looks blue... OK so I'm colour blind :) (seriously) apparently it's turqouise... which is kinda between blue and green isn't it?

Well to my eyes mine matches my blue Sov II...

Most small places that do anno can do black for you. The trick is too find somewhere local. Polish the drop so it gleams and then get them to anno it. To get a real dark colour instead of that 'purple black' just ask them to leave it in the tank for as long as possible. Apparently that purple affect occurs when it's not been in for very long...

manike

DRAGONSLAYER
11-17-2001, 01:26 PM
Looks good, I agree with rounding it up a little, but looks real good. As form the anno to match the rest of it...2 thumbs up!:)

Dubstar112
11-17-2001, 02:04 PM
I was gonna ask you if you could send me one in exchange for some money, but your in germany.. rats :(

ralicea
11-17-2001, 02:45 PM
Sledgehammer...It looks great!

Sledgehammer
11-17-2001, 03:02 PM
Actually, I'm entertaining the thought of having a batch of them made for selling them.<br>And sending them to the States shouln't be too hard, since I can use American Forces mail...

Thordic
11-17-2001, 04:51 PM
Wow, thats really nice. I like it.

Hmm.. I wonder how much it would cost to get a batch of those cut and annoed. Let us know if you put some up for sale :)

magmonkey
11-17-2001, 05:08 PM
if anybody wants custom drops made email me and I can build just about anything you want

Sledgehammer
11-19-2001, 08:36 AM
If you want one, pm or email me for prices.