PDA

View Full Version : Cell phones and Bluetooth

gamarada717
02-28-2005, 11:55 PM
So I've got this Motorola phone now, and it has a camera and can do video and all that jazz. I also bought this Kensignton USB Bluetooth deally to plug into my computer. I can't figure out how in the world I transfer pictures from my phone to my comp, or mp3s from my comp to my phone. Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

http://commerce.motorola.com/consumer/QWimages/V551_Cing.jpg

http://www.kensington.com/images/pc/K33085A-11966.jpg

bornl33t
03-01-2005, 12:56 AM
blue tooth sucks honestly, at least for me. I couldn't find transmitter that worked.

I havea nokia 6820 I got a headset to work...more or less... but otherwise I use ir

digitard
03-01-2005, 03:39 PM
You'd better check w/ your cell phone company and make sure your bluetooth is setup.

I know Motorola has setup Bluetooth to only work with headsets and car kits on a lot of their phones.

AcemanPB
03-01-2005, 05:06 PM
How do you like your phone? My contract is almost up and I was thinking about going with cingular and buying that phone. its the V551 right?

Fred
03-01-2005, 08:44 PM
I have the same Phone, but a different Kensington USB fob thingy.

1) Intall software that came with the USB fob... plug it in...

2) goto "Settings" - "Connection" - "Bluetooth link" - "Setup" on the phone.

2a) Select Power: ON... keep that menu open

3) On the computer desktop you should have a Bluetooth icon, open it up to My Bluetooth Places... there should be a "search for whatever" button on the left toolbar, click it.

4) Select "Find me" on the phone screen.

5) on the computer, it should see Motorola Phone, you'll have to assign the phone a pin number for security, i did this over a month ago, and forget all the details.

6) after the pin is in, select the phone, give it a few secs, its not that fast, and you'll see folders... media has pics, sounds, video, etc.

just drag and drop into the folders, you can remove the pics easy, but I havn't looked for the video driver to watch vids on the computer yet.

Hope that helps,
---Fred

Its the V551, yes, I'm SUPER happy with Cingular's service, I havn't had a dropped call that was my fault yet, get awesome reception all over the area, and the features (AIM, SMS, email, webbrowser) are awesome. the pics and video are nice too, but there's no "stealth mode" picture taking...

gamarada717
03-01-2005, 10:49 PM
Well, the PIN step was where I couldn't figure it out...do I have to call my Cingular to get my PIN?

And about the phone, I love it also. It's a tad big, and I wish that you could get a black color around the outside instead of the deep blue, but for what I payed, I'm really happy. Video isn't that great, but since I think video is rather new to cell phones, I think it's pretty damn good.

Cliffio
03-02-2005, 02:05 AM
cingular doesnt have anything to do with your "pin" its a way the bluetooth knows what to connect to