PDA

View Full Version : Help. My Classic has become a blender.

Chindi
03-01-2005, 12:11 AM
Okay, I've had this classic mag since '94. It's a Level 7, powerfeed left, with an A.I.R. valve. I'm shooting a PMI ceramic barrel with a new plastic nubbin.

Last weekend, at a 24 hour scenario, the gun started chopping paint like a dang cuisinart. I've played with this gun for over ten years - and this is the worst day I've ever had. Sure, the Level 7 will screw you good if you aren't careful, but I'm an old hand at this. I recently changed the grip frame on the gun - my old frame was the original polymer frame with a double trigger and a hacked off trigger guard.

The rules for the scenario that I was playing specified a trigger guard, so I bought an old-school aluminum trigger frame from the AGD store. My old frame had had a trigger job done in the mid nineties when I had the double trigger installed. After looking over everything yesterday, I decided that I had to simply be short stroking the gun, causing all the breaks. When I put on the new trigger frame, I lengthed the sear rod a bit to take some of the front to back 'play' out of the trigger. Could that have made the gun more prone to short stroking?

I don't want to go to Level X. I need all the gas efficiency I can get out of my 68/3000 Raptor.

Any help on this? Or do I just need to settle down on the trigger an improve my technique?

bleachit
03-01-2005, 01:09 AM
yeah, messing with the trigger rod length could have done that... i messed with it on my mag before and all it did was chop, switched it back and the problem was solved. try to get the trigger rod length back to where it was before and try that.

BigEvil
03-01-2005, 07:56 AM
yeah, messing with the trigger rod length could have done that... i messed with it on my mag before and all it did was chop, switched it back and the problem was solved. try to get the trigger rod length back to where it was before and try that.

I agree. There should be a gab between the trigger and that rod just big enough to slip a matchbook cover between.

Oh, and regards to the LV10, I dont know why people say it has bad efficency. Its not GREAT, but its not bad either. You should notice a MINIMAL differenct between the lv7 and lv10.

kevdupuis
03-01-2005, 11:11 AM
Check the nubbin, it could be broken.

space_weazel_45
03-01-2005, 04:17 PM
I concur that the LVL 10 is something that you should get, seriously it’s not that hard on air and the benefits are many.

Also the trigger rod should be: Trigger Rod: 1.985" measure it with a caliper.