PDA

View Full Version : Gun set up tip #1

manike
11-17-2001, 09:10 AM
I'm going to let you all into a little secret which made a huge improvement to my game and snap shooting in particular.

How you set up and hold your gun makes huge difference to your natural aiming. But how do you check this...

1) Ok get your gun and hold it down by your side.

2) select a target in front of you (TV screen corner or anything will do for starters).

3) Shut your eyes. Tight. no peeking now! (erm actually maybe read the rest of my post before you close them lol ;) )

4) shoulder your gun and aim with your eyes closed at your target. (obviously where you 'feel' it should be...)

5) open your eyes and see where you are actually pointing your gun...

The most important thing is that you are inline with your gun, i.e. that your line of site is along the gun and barrel(then that you are aiming where you intended). Many people will not be in line with their guns line of fire.

So many people will find they are pointing of to the side or low or very high. You should adjust your kit (try different drop forwards etc) so that your gun fits your natural aim point.

Why is this so important? Well when you snap shoot you don't have time to 'aim', your gun should naturaly align with your visual sight and then with where you intend you target to be.

It also means when you first lign up on a target your first shot is much more likely to be on target without need for correction.

The next thing to do is to try this at the range when you play. Once you open your eyes fire a single ball and see where it is in relation to your target. Once you are dead on I guarantee your game will improve.

It would be interesting for everyone to try their basic alignment and then post their results!

manike