PDA

View Full Version : Quick question: Was AGD ever handed papers by SP?

Automaggin2
03-01-2005, 05:25 PM
So I tried searching for it, but cant find it. I'm in the middle of an argument in PBN about AGD and SP. Someone tried saying SP sued AGD, i said no, thats completly false. Then he said they handed them papers, but I don't remember that happening.

Chronobreak
03-01-2005, 05:27 PM
none that we were told about as AO

it was moer of a preventative paper measure from my udnerstanding

Banshee23
03-01-2005, 05:31 PM
SP never contacted AGD at all about the electros, let alone serve them papers. Where do people come up with this stuff???

Muzikman
03-01-2005, 05:42 PM
I would not be shocked that if ever gun mfg out there who made an electro gun got a letter from SP. I mean it would only make sense.

That being said. Tom has stated many times that the reason they quit making the E-Mag was not because of a threat by SP.

Automaggin2
03-01-2005, 06:10 PM
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=11140468#post11140468

RRfireblade
03-01-2005, 06:22 PM
I would not be shocked that if ever gun mfg out there who made an electro gun got a letter from SP. I mean it would only make sense.

That being said. Tom has stated many times that the reason they quit making the E-Mag was not because of a threat by SP.

SP didn't serve most manufactureres. They purposely and delibrately picked and chose certain ones to build support for future cases against the larger ones.THAT"S why AGD bailed on electronics cause they were in line as a potential 'Notch' on thier belt.

They also went after those that would hep their own finacial standing,NPS and DYE for instance, with whom they can cement a long term deal and at the same time, give them protection against certain retalitory events due to SPs own business practices (Ripping off the Matrix).

Dayspring
03-01-2005, 09:51 PM
In conversation with Tom, he had mentioned that he received some sort of paperwork in the legal arena concerning this. How far reaching this paperwork was, I don't know.

Glickman
03-01-2005, 09:54 PM
i thought they were handed a cease and decist

tom will probably clear this up in a nice 5 word sentence

Kevmaster
03-01-2005, 09:58 PM
Yeah, I'm 95% sure they sent out C&D letters to every comapny out there.

however, some ignored it, others settled out of court and others still were sued.

phantomhitman
03-01-2005, 10:19 PM
my vote is yes, they were contacted by sp.

Automaggin2
03-01-2005, 10:21 PM
Ok, they may have been contacted, but not sued. These guys over on PBN are trying to tell me that they were sued.

RRfireblade
03-01-2005, 10:32 PM
Yeah, I'm 95% sure they sent out C&D letters to every comapny out there.

however, some ignored it, others settled out of court and others still were sued.

Considering I do work for at least 5 major manufactures whose line includes Electronic markers I can say...no,no they didn't. :)

Muzikman
03-01-2005, 10:37 PM
Considering I do work for at least 5 major manufactures whose line includes Electronic markers I can say...no,no they didn't. :)

5? Would that not be a conflict of intrest?

RRfireblade
03-01-2005, 10:42 PM
Not when 3 of them are owned by the same parent company. :)

And the other 2 we have direct partnerships with,not to mention PTP which has also manufacturered thier share of Electros,if only on a much smaller scale. But that sure didn't save AKA.

Guess that makes 6....my mistake. :D

Muzikman
03-01-2005, 11:11 PM
you work for K2? i can't think of another company the owns three other companies that make guns. Well, iguess NPS does too.

RRfireblade
03-01-2005, 11:39 PM
Good guess. :) Do product development for the whole shibang...that's one reason why the PnueTrigger was aimed at the Autococker as a the primary.

Kevmaster
03-01-2005, 11:46 PM
Good guess. :) Do product development for the whole shibang...that's one reason why the PnueTrigger was aimed at the Autococker as a the primary.

strange...sources i had told me that K2 (ten just BE/VL/JT) were contracted....I'll have to call him out tomorrow...

you work for them in bentonville or corona? (to say im a be buff is an understatement)

RRfireblade
03-01-2005, 11:54 PM
Neither actually,we work for them on a per contract basis,the current of which is one of the largest we've had going to date.

Pretty much everything is run out of Bentonville tho.

ApexAZ
03-02-2005, 12:25 AM

*cough* mag needs to be primary! *cough* :)

Kevmaster
03-02-2005, 01:10 AM
Neither actually,we work for them on a per contract basis,the current of which is one of the largest we've had going to date.

Pretty much everything is run out of Bentonville tho.

yeah, but with hte worr deal, it seems more and more that the corona/chula vista locations are becoming important in tehir long range plans

RRfireblade
03-02-2005, 09:08 AM
I'm really not supposed to say to much other than no, not really. we can talk PM or something if you want more detail than that.

AGD
03-02-2005, 10:35 AM
We were "contacted" about one of their original patents but never with their current patent.

AGD