PDA

View Full Version : Verizon Phone Question

Cliffio
03-02-2005, 02:10 AM
ok, heres the deal, time to upgrade phones, now, i already have my mind set on two phones, so i'm really only lookin for you people that have either of these phones, i work in wireless sales but i wanted to get reactions from people that may already own the phones.

looking at either the Motorola V710 or the LG VX8000

the bluetooth makes me like the 710 a little more, i've been playing with our store display and the stupid thing is you cant close the phone with the speaker phone on or it will hang up, or can i change that, havent really played with it THAT much.

not really concerned with the price as they are similar

right now i've had an LG Vx6000 for almost 2 years.

can anyone who owns either of these phones give me their opinions?

i could try em both but i dont really wanna hastle with that.

if there is anything else i'll edit or post

thanks
Cliff

SIGSays
03-02-2005, 07:20 AM
i used to have that lg.. 6000
he smsung a670 is nice... i got one of those...
damn.. verizon needs to work on their selection... customers don't really have a choice...

Dayspring
03-02-2005, 09:56 AM
I have the Motorola. I love it! First, I've used Motorola phones forever and hate any other phone's menu system. Secondly, I can use the bluetooth to connect to my laptop as sort of a wireless modem. Not fast, but it'll get me internet access in a pinch.

As for the speaker phone, I'll have to check that out later.

Cliffio
03-02-2005, 12:08 PM
i was under the impression that verizons software only let you connect to a bluetooth headset and not to any other devices

also, have you previously had a camera phone? because the camera i have now isnt very good either, so when you say not very good, not good for a digital camera? or not good for a phone camera.

digitard
03-02-2005, 01:37 PM
Verizons software does only let you connect to headsets supposably.

I work for Alltel and we started carrying the 710 recently and we were promised 'unlike verizons software your bluetooth will be completely unlocked' but it wasn't... damn Motorola.

My personal favorite phones right now are the LG series. I have an LG LX5550 from my work and its pretty nice.

AcemanPB
03-02-2005, 03:26 PM
i used to have that lg.. 6000
he smsung a670 is nice... i got one of those...
damn.. verizon needs to work on their selection... customers don't really have a choice...

I guess it's because Verizon doesn't use a GSM network like the rest of the world.

digitard
03-02-2005, 03:37 PM
Actually while a large portion of 'the world' uses GSM the US is very split.

Verizon, Alltel, Cellular one (which was just bought by Alltel) use CDMA.

AT&T, TMOBILE, CINGULAR use TDMA

Sprint uses GSM.

Cliffio
03-02-2005, 04:05 PM
not true

Cingular, T-mobile, AT&T, and Nextel all use GSM networks

while sprint is a TDMA network