PDA

View Full Version : Important Question

Rinaldo
03-02-2005, 07:41 PM
Are mags still being used in tournaments:? I looked through all the paintball magazines over the last 5 months and haven't seen a single one in a tournament.

2 years ago the Xmag/Emag were still seen here and there.

My Real question is, the ULE custom that's for sale now on AIRGun.com is that fast enough to keep up with the tournament markers out there today?
I'm asking because I recently won some money and I have enough to buy pretty much anything but I have electros and nothing mech really interests me except mags and C - Ockers

thanks

Chronobreak
03-02-2005, 08:00 PM
Are mags still being used in tournaments:? I looked through all the paintball magazines over the last 5 months and haven't seen a single one in a tournament.

My Real question is, the ULE custom that's for sale now on AIRGun.com is that fast enough to keep up with the tournament markers out there today?
I'm asking because I recently won some money and I have enough to buy pretty much anything but I have electros and nothing mech really interests me except mags and C - Ockers

thanks

theyr still around but not as popluar at the higher end of the sport where players are given guns or feel the need to buy the newest altest greatest.

mags have been seen less and less in mags for years now that ive noticed.

an rt ule custom can compete however it is going to be a cakewalk having to work to get 12-14 bps tops where on an electro you can walk 12 or so all day long...

if your looking between mag and cocker GET A MAG

and WELCOME TO AO :cheers:

REDRT
03-02-2005, 08:03 PM

Not really. They aren't slow, but todays tournament marker is faster. Home town tournaments they should be ok, but as one goes up the ranks you are at a disavantage.

phantomhitman
03-02-2005, 08:06 PM
hear is the arguement you will unleash
emag-good, solid marker, decent speed, backup mech mode, level 10, slower compared to new markers (even when they do not cheat)
other guns (timmys, trixs, freestyles, egos, etc)-lot lighter, lot faster, way better trigger system, eyes, better effeciency, but have upkeep issues like lubing.......which is not a problem.

in the end it comes down to what you want and what is comfy in yoru hands.

warbeak2099
03-02-2005, 08:10 PM
Think about it this way, if you can shoot 15bps you can compete. A string of 25bps will have no greater effect than a string of 15bps. So in order to compete today you just need a gun that can shoot 15bps legally and practically. An RT custom with ule is walkable for a few people including myself. I can usually get about 12-13bps walking it but can only sustain strings of 5-6 rounds. So I am slightly outshot when going up against high-end electros. Even with a super light electro pull though, I can only shoot 16bps.

Are you going to post with a mech mag? No, not unless you bounce and that's illegal. It's great for snap shooting though. If you're a front man like me it's perfect.

Rinaldo
03-02-2005, 08:35 PM
Well I've been playing since 1990. I've been around to see, in my opinion, the the greatest advancements in the game which a lot of guys that have been around for 3-5 years take for granted or don't appreciate.

I took a hiatus to pursue my career but everytime I visit a magazine rack I pick up a magazine or two to catch myself up.

I'm at a point in my life that I can play 2-3 times a week and go through 2 cases a day... but I don't enjoy that part of the game. I wish there were more woodsball fields. SO much for wishes huh!

Thanks for the warm welcome. And I'll definitely post some pictures of my new mag. I actually already customized it and bookmarked it... I'll have someone order it for me tomorrow.

I did think that I'd try buying either an Evolution Cocker or a CCm series 5 (where did they come from all of a sudden!) and a ULE Mag... and then I'll just play around with the two of them for a while until I figure out what I am comfortable with.

This is a great forum and everyone seems polite and your posts are incredibly thought out. THankyou again .

Rinaldo

mag88888
03-02-2005, 09:23 PM
welcome, glad that you like it. if you ever want to make your mag electro and want eyes.......
www.devilsden.tv

NewMagMan21
03-02-2005, 10:03 PM
I see mags all the time...If you look in the new APG (April or May) it has a pic of a mag and has about 5-10 pics of people using 'em....

Rinaldo
03-02-2005, 10:36 PM
welcome, glad that you like it. if you ever want to make your mag electro and want eyes.......
www.devilsden.tv

Is that your website?

Email me Sp_rinaldo@yahoo.com if it is.

frischtr
03-02-2005, 10:41 PM
That's GA Devil's website... His Devilmag is probably the fastest and lightest electromag out there, and probably the one best-suited for today's touney scene...

Rinaldo
03-03-2005, 09:33 AM
That's GA Devil's website... His Devilmag is probably the fastest and lightest electromag out there, and probably the one best-suited for today's touney scene...

Did they really ban using the RT in tournies?
And would I have problems using one in rec?

Banshee23
03-03-2005, 09:39 AM
Did they really ban using the RT in tournies?
And would I have problems using one in rec?

No, the Tippmann RT is banned from tournaments, the X-Valve / RT valve is not. You have to be careful about the reactivity though, if a judge can get it to bounce you're in trouble. BEst fixes for that is to either use the ULT kit for the trigger or get an adjustable tank & dial down the input pressure. And no, you won't have any problem playing with it at a rec field.

Chronobreak
03-03-2005, 01:13 PM
No, the Tippmann RT is banned from tournaments, the X-Valve / RT valve is not. You have to be careful about the reactivity though, if a judge can get it to bounce you're in trouble. BEst fixes for that is to either use the ULT kit for the trigger or get an adjustable tank & dial down the input pressure. And no, you won't have any problem playing with it at a rec field.

quoted for truth. i wanted to add for a short period in 96-97 alot /most fields werent allowing these things because some were being modified, and for the time they RIPPED!

rec play is fine pretty much regardless of the boucne you have.

as long as the trigger cant be held to a sweetspot then your fine.

Rinaldo
03-03-2005, 01:42 PM

Thankyou very much.

So the ULt Trigger will eliminate bounce. Just what I needed to know.
If you guys ever need anything let me know

Joshk
03-03-2005, 02:36 PM

thanks

Dont try and compare cockers and mags here unless you want a flame war to break out. But if you are looking for a nice little gun to mess around with, that keep up with the competition (better with a properly tuned ULT in there). Then mags would be a very nice choice. Also if you look in AGP mags are seen in the pictures quite frequently.