PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing paint online?

ApexAZ
03-03-2005, 10:23 AM
I'm sure this has been discussed here somewhere numerous times, but after a quick search, I didn't find many results...

Anyways, I'm looking for advice on whether or not to buy paint online. I thought about the money I coud potentially save and then images in my head of the UPS guy throwing my box of paint around kind of leaves me a little worried about it.

So how many of you buy paint from online vendors and from where? Is it a lot cheaper? Are they willing to work with you if balls break during shipping?

Any input would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks!

Lohman446
03-03-2005, 10:30 AM
It depends how much you are saving and how much you use. If your discussing saving $10 or $20 a month to me its not worth it at all. If you use a high quantity of paint I suggest you see a local field / store about purchasing at a wholesale price in quanitity. I use about 8 cases a month give or take and have a good friend who is a distributor, needless to say my paint costs are not very much comparatively.

ApexAZ
03-03-2005, 10:33 AM
Actually I searched around a bit and the prices on paint online seem a few dollars HIGHER then what I paid at my local store, so unless I can find somewhere signifigantly cheaper, it's not worth it at all.

I just keep hearing how some people save money from purchasing online but I don't see how =/

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately I don't know anyone whome I could get wholesale prices from though...yet :D