PDA

View Full Version : Sigh...If you cant beat em join em....

AnArchist_1944
03-04-2005, 01:45 AM
Alright with all todays new electros with the cheater bouncing boards and the bouncyer upgrade boards Ive grown sick of getting out gunned every game. Sure my E-Mag is fast but when I have to use all my concentration just to keep my fingers moving at a constant 17BPS and Iam firefighting with a guy using half that concentration to rail a consistant 20-21BPS back at me while still paying attention to the game its frustrating. Now I dont half the cash for a pretty new DM5 and I dont want to get rid of my mag so would it be worth it to get DevilMag lowers or a PredII in my E-Mag lowers? Would I be able to bounce and ramp with the rest of those bastards? or would it not even come close to the Alias's DM's and others?

Can the mag internals even cycle above 20BPS reliably?

magman007
03-04-2005, 01:47 AM
ok, you are not going 17 bps, honestly, it isnt happening, so dont kid your self. the mag can deffinitely cycle that fast though.

Blazestorm
03-04-2005, 01:53 AM
I can shoot 17... and I'm not kidding...

But no you're not hitting 17 on the Emag... And you're not getting outgunned by "cheater" boards of any kind.

Concentrate on shooting them versus shooting fast. I played with a pump against some "cheater" guns and had no problem shooting them because I was a ninja.

Target Practice
03-04-2005, 02:57 AM

Uh...yeah.

Skywalker
03-04-2005, 03:34 AM
I can do 17 on my X-Mag, not consistently, but I can do it.

As for your question, I would go the route of the Devilmag. From what I hear those things rip. Personally I'm waiting for Coolhand to do something with his vert frame, but who knows when that will happen.

Lohman446
03-04-2005, 08:37 AM

The mag valve (X and RT) have been tested to consistent without drop off at 32BPS. I don't know how long the sear is going to last at these speeds though considering the early RT sears were said to be carbon tipped I would have to think it a consideration. That being said I have not heard of any problems with severe abnormal sear wear involving high rates of designed fire - not including run-away which does not allow the marker to fully cylce "properly".

shatter_storm
03-04-2005, 10:49 AM
The mag valve is rated for 26 and can cycle up to 32 that we know of. There's no problem with that - it'll function properly at high cycle rates.

However.

Emags lowers don't fare as well. Solenoids just don't have the oomph and cycle speed required in a small package - and because the 'mag has a fairly heavy amount of force required to cycle, a stronger and heavier solenoid was used in the design. It supposedly (I havn't done the testing myself) doesn't function well above 21-23 cps.

Besides, why do you *have* to ramp to spit paint? Practice shooting drills more, get faster on the trigger and do it until firing fast enough becomes second nature.

Dryden
03-04-2005, 11:02 AM
Besides, why do you *have* to ramp to spit paint? Practice shooting drills more, get faster on the trigger and do it until firing fast enough becomes second nature.
Exactly. Or maybe learn how to aim.

Seriously, if you're shooting 17bps and your opponent is shooting 23, and neither of you have scored an elimination, I think it's time you switched sports.

REDRT
03-04-2005, 11:43 AM
the early RT sears were said to be carbon tipped

Very much so. Not only carbon tipped, but also roller bearing instead of some dinky bushing.

txaggie08
03-04-2005, 11:48 AM
Exactly. Or maybe learn how to aim.

Seriously, if you're shooting 17bps and your opponent is shooting 23, and neither of you have scored an elimination, I think it's time you switched sports.

Thank you. if you shoot fifteen or better at somebody, and still miss.......

AnArchist_1944
03-04-2005, 01:23 PM
well thanks for the good posts people who posted useful info, to the rest of you tho it reminds me of the time I posted on PBN and got flamed off the face of the planet. Sigh.

RRfireblade
03-04-2005, 01:30 PM
To answer the question....

A E/Xmag,based on the capabilities of the soleniod will max out at about 21-22.In my experiences,at those ROF the soleniod will have a dramatically shortened life span.

FYI, DM3/4/5/PM5 max out,for the same reason,at just over 22BPS as well....'cept they will do it all day long.

68magOwner
03-04-2005, 02:49 PM
if you could really legally shoot 17bps, you would have no legitimate concerns with speed rather than bounce or ramp, shoot faster, problem solved, if you cant beat em, practice till you can, not stoop to their level

kurama
03-04-2005, 02:56 PM
I saw a video of a mag shooting 34bps. They can handle over 20 fine ;)

Well, the only difference between a Pred board and a devilmag lowers is the devilmag comes with a vert frame. You could just put a pred board into a vert frame and save some cash, since the devilmag does use a Pred board. So either way you want to go.

If you know how to solder, and have some shrinkwrap I suggest getting a Predator DIY kit and save yourself 150$ on installation. If you dont know how to solder, its still much cheaper to buy a soldering iron, the solder, and some scrap metal to practice on...
http://www.zdspb.com/commerce/predatordiy.html
The Predator DIY kit is really... DIY... It's because its meant to be univeral to all markers. There's quite a few threads on how to set one up on an Emag in The Workshop forum, and several people there to contact who've done it if you still need some more info. You can put a pred into almost any mag frame... Your emag frame, a vert frame, an intelliframe, a Z/Y frame, etc. Thats the way to go unless you want to spend $ on installation or a devilmag. Also, if you sell off your emag lowers in the process, you'll have money left over after buying the board and a frame to put it in.

Lohman446
03-04-2005, 02:59 PM
Well, the only difference between a Pred board and a devilmag lowers is the devilmag comes with a vert frame. You could just put a pred board into a vert frame and save some cash, since the devilmag does use a Pred board. So either way you want to go.

My understanding is the DevilMag utilizes the ULT trigger kit and as such is able to use a much smaller / faster cycling solenoid.

peewee
03-04-2005, 03:01 PM
I would devil the mag before getting a DM5. In all honestly I only know a couple people that can maintain over 14 for more than a second. If your not hittingf in 3 rounds work on your skills.

kurama
03-04-2005, 03:38 PM
Whats stopping you from using s ULT On/Off and a more efficient solenoid and ram? :-P
The devilmag uses the same board as the one in the DIY kit I posted, so its no different other than the frame and extras it comes with. Its good, but those who can hook a predator/morlock up fairly easily should just go with the DIY to save money.

AGDlover
03-04-2005, 03:58 PM
i can pull 17 on my emag too :shooting:

thorn
03-04-2005, 04:14 PM
might i recommend a freestyle? look around, theres new gen 1.'s going for 500, new 05's going for about 600..sell the emag, get a freestyle with nox board. u will never feel outgunned again. but if u want to keep the mag, devilmag, definately.

Chris42050
03-04-2005, 07:10 PM
He asked about having a gun that shoots as fast as a DM* or Alias. You all tell him to get better shooting skills. Thats not what he was asking for. Why does everyone give people a hard time on this forum when they want to shoot fast?

kurama
03-04-2005, 07:48 PM
He asked about having a gun that shoots as fast as a DM* or Alias. You all tell him to get better shooting skills. Thats not what he was asking for. Why does everyone give people a hard time on this forum when they want to shoot fast?

Because without ramping a new gun wont help him shoot faster...

Steelrat
03-04-2005, 07:59 PM
Get a 4.0 board from someone who owns one already. Those can bounce as fast, or faster, than anything else out there, especially in hybrid. Its not a legal mode like ramping (feels odd to say that) but it sounds like you are doing the rec thing anyways.

shatter_storm
03-04-2005, 08:08 PM

Because there's a fundamental problem with needing to shoot faster and faster. That's another rant entirely and I don't want to jack this thread...
That being said, if you want the speed of a DM* or alias, buy a DM* or alias! Or buy a devilmag - it'll give you all the modes, all the speed, and still be a 'mag. Or put a predator in your emag, it'll give you all the modes, most of the speed, and still be a 'mag.
Any way you cut it, you get the same end result. a predator is a predator is a predator, with the newest software you can choose between all 11 firing modes no matter what marker it's in.

mag88888
03-04-2005, 10:18 PM
could you put a predatot morlock DIY in a i frame or something? would that be all hed need? anything else? is this hard?

barrel break
03-04-2005, 10:33 PM
I cannot reccomend a devilmag, no one has even gotten one yet to my knowledge.

penguinpunk555
03-04-2005, 10:34 PM
Fork out the cash for a DM5... I'm holding mine right now...**kisses it gently**

Better then a crappy mag.

shatter_storm
03-04-2005, 11:44 PM
You can't just predator an i-frame. You've got to mount a solenoid and microswitch to the frame, and have enough space for the battery, cap, and board. It's not a drop-in modification, you're making your own hyperframe/devilmag/etc.