PDA

View Full Version : Doc appreciation?

FooTemps
03-04-2005, 01:57 AM
Hmmm, I understand to a degree what Doc has gone through. Before junior year I always used to be the workhorse for group projects. You know, the asian guy who "likes" to crunch the numbers or do the art or do whatever is needed. I got sick of it too. Sure the group got an A but it was at the hard worker's expense. Dropped from a 3.5 to a 2.7 gpa because of I got sick of it. Doc needs that little something in return to let him know our appreciate for his presence.

Nearly every one of you has looked at Doc's work, read an article from him, or talked to him and has been inspired. I know I have. Maybe it's time we pay him back for his inspiration. I know a lot of you don't have time or money to do so but this could just be a gathering point for us to make Doc that "tshirt" that he never got.

Enemy
03-04-2005, 02:38 AM
thats a great idea!!

Skywalker
03-04-2005, 03:41 AM
He does do some damn fine work, but until I get my 15* ASA, I can't help you.

cockerkiller68
03-04-2005, 03:54 AM
Are you joking I hope!! :eek: :eek:

BigEvil
03-04-2005, 05:36 AM
Ive always been interested in metalworking, but seeing Doc's work inspired me to actually take to it and begin to learn it.

I would gladly buy a shirt or something. Keep us posted.

FooTemps
03-04-2005, 10:39 AM
Well, when I said tshirt. I meant something even bigger than a tshirt. I figured that Doc would appreciate it if we made something for him instead of him making stuff for us.

I know that there are a lot of you who haven't tied up loose ends with him and you don't really need to contribute until you have but all those who have dealt with him could jump into this thread and say a little something.

(and here's an idea for an appreciation gift... take a custom something (that could even mean a custom printed tshirt!) and just send it around areas getting signatures and then giving it to Doc as a gift. Kinda like a big thank you card in the shape of a non-card type object!)

mag88888
03-04-2005, 10:59 AM
this sounds excellwnt. this should cheer him up a bit. maybe even if some people dont mind we could contribute parts and make like a custom gun or something? goodluck.

AnArchist_1944
03-04-2005, 01:30 PM
I agree we all pick one guy who is damn good at machine work (other than doc) and paypal him some donations then we get him to custom mill a gun and maby send it for some custom annno....what do you guys think.

The Spanish Inquisition
03-04-2005, 08:25 PM
Sounds good. But who is going to do the machine work?

FooTemps
03-04-2005, 08:39 PM
Well, we don't even need a ultra excellent machinist... we can make stuff at our local machine shops. And if we do it ourselfs we can engrave our names as a signature. I have a fairly limited knowlege of cnc. I have a college textbook right next to me and I've been learing in my freetime from colin too. I bet we can cook something and then we can ask someone skilled and reliable to tune and assemble the piece. It'd be awesome!

Or we could make him a paperweight! (or a tshirt that he can wear when he's working!) (or gloves/goggles/protetive gear that has custom print!)

magmonkey
03-04-2005, 09:02 PM
hit me up with a pm I will do some milling or solid work on the project, I admire alot of docs stuff.... I really think a white board laser engraved cocker would be a good idea.
as a matter of fact I have a rounded top cocker body with angel feed neck threads I'll donate

alan
DC

ScatterPlot
03-04-2005, 09:10 PM
Oooh! I wanna be in on this!

personman
03-04-2005, 09:29 PM
I have a rounded top cocker body with angel feed neck threads I'll donate

alan
DC
That's a great idea for a paperwieght, foo! ;)

I'd donate a few bucks to whoever organizes it if they setup a paypal account but it wont be much since I'm short on cash right now.

VFX_Fenix
03-05-2005, 03:03 AM
"I did all the (Insert Laundry List of stuff)... and all I got was this stupid T-Shirt"

I'd be down to giving Doc a little thanks. I've always liked his work.