PDA

View Full Version : pump mag

chjoak
03-04-2005, 08:52 AM
I am fairly new to mags but have been very happy thus far. I am also becoming a bit of a pump whore. I am looking into building a pump mag. I know it can be done because I have seen them for sale on this board, however I do not know what all is involved. I was hoping someone on this board could provide me with some information. I am basically looking for informations in 2 catagories, technical and functional.

Technical----

1. What kind of pump kit is needed? Is there and AGD kit or can a cocker kit be modified?
2. What other modifications are necessary?

Functional----

1. How well do pump mags run?
2. How is the air efficiency?
3. Can they be run off of 12 grams or 3.5 oz co2?

I would greatly appreciate any available input.

peewee
03-04-2005, 09:02 AM
Hi, The pump kit was made by AGD. They work great I have only used one once back in the day. They are getting harder & harder to find. Tom sold off the last of the parts they had laying around at AGD a month or so ago on ebay. It is possible to piece one together with the help of AOer's. Several people have parts even heard someone was thinking of making complete pump kits but as far as I know its a rumor. 12 grams with a standard classic valve dont give that many shots better off with a 3.5. . I'm in the same boat would love a pump kit...... Anyone help him out? Right now i dont have the cash to get it done. :cry:

BD_Paintball
03-04-2005, 09:04 AM
there is a agd kit but they are hard to find and agd does not sell them any more. in the kit you get pump handle, mounting bracket(also what the pump handle slides on), and pump rod, and also wave spring. you will also need a milled rail and milled body. it will take alot of work to modify a cocker one to fit a mag. where the pump rod goes it alot closer to the body then the cocker one and you will also still need the all important wave spring. pump mags are just like any other mag when it comes to air being used. i have never tried to run mine off or 12 grams but i dont think it would work that well. they still need about 700-800 psi just to shoot, i just always use my nitro tank. i hope this helps and it will be alot of work, good luck. im one of the lucky ones to have a pump mag :shooting: :shooting:

BD_Paintball

alfaromeo
03-04-2005, 11:49 AM
Would anyone be willing to loan a pump kit to me so I can take measurements and make drawings for the missing parts?

onedude36
03-07-2005, 11:48 PM
I also just want to know how much it would be to piece together a pump kit. :bounce:

BD_Paintball
03-08-2005, 12:03 AM
I also just want to know how much it would be to piece together a pump kit. :bounce:

well 1st i dont think you will be able to piece one together. BUT if you could find stuff it would not be cheap. the pump handle and rod was sold by tom on agd like 1 moth ago and i think they went for like 30-40. then you will need the part that mounts on the gun and also the wave spring. i would say around 60-70 or so i could be WAY off but thats just a guess. and since i have one, i traded a spyder to get mine with all the parts. there are not alot of them out there so it wont be cheap. then you will also need a milled body and rail.

WicKeD_WaYz
03-08-2005, 01:08 AM
Man these things just keep getting more rare all the time. I remember when i first started comming here they were easy to find. I should of picked up a bunch then. Who knows what one could rake in for a complete kit now....