PDA

View Full Version : Building a mag

68_IrOcKmAgS_68
03-05-2005, 11:31 AM
ok i'm building a mag and i'm kinda new to the whole mag thing so i need help. i need to know what all i need to make it a working nice mag.

Here's a list of what i have:

1 Valve
2 Body (p/f)
3 trigger frame with double trigger and grips
4 t-lock barrel
5 air source
6 hopper

is there any thing else that i need or might find useful. and does anyone know of where i can find an "ano" kit?

Thanks!!!!

aim wwrib1567
e-mail [email protected]

Dayspring
03-05-2005, 11:35 AM
Why go twist lock barrel & body? The ULE will reduce the weight and allow you to choose from a VERY large size of cocker threaded barrels.

You'll also need some misc screws as well as the rail bushing & rail.

jacobeid
03-05-2005, 01:31 PM
a mag is made up with the
1. valve
2. body
3. rail
4. trigger frame.
Then obviously you need...
ASA, hose, airsource, barrel, and hopper.

68_IrOcKmAgS_68
03-05-2005, 06:49 PM
what does a rail do for my mag? and what are rail bushings?

jacobeid
03-05-2005, 06:51 PM
a rail is what the body and valve sit on and what the trigger frame is attached to. Also the 2 screws that keep the gun together go through the rail.
whoops, also forgot you need a sear. so you need a...
body, valve, rail, sear, trigger frame, air hose, ASA, barrel, hopper, and air source.

68_IrOcKmAgS_68
03-05-2005, 06:57 PM
do you know where i can get a sear?

Tunaman
03-05-2005, 08:03 PM
I have any part for a mag that you will ever need. Email me. [email protected] ;)

68_IrOcKmAgS_68
03-05-2005, 09:36 PM
wait.... why do i neeed a sear and what is it's function?

does anyone have a diagram of a mag so i can learn all this stuff?
if so e-mail it to [email protected]

txaggie08
03-05-2005, 11:09 PM
a sear is what pushes the on of pin to fire the gun , so yes you most definetly need a sear.

ill draw you a paint animation that will explain this real fast

jewie27
03-06-2005, 01:11 AM
Talk to Tunaman about everything. He's a great guy and knows everything there is about 'Mags and more. He fixed some stuff for me.

68_IrOcKmAgS_68
03-06-2005, 08:11 AM
hey guys thanks, and tunaman do you have a sear i can buy?

jacobeid
03-06-2005, 01:10 PM
when you pull the trigger it hits the sear, which hits the bolt causing it to fire. Tunaman probably has a sear, but if not I know that rogue does.

jewie27
03-06-2005, 08:15 PM
when you pull the trigger it hits the sear, which hits the bolt causing it to fire. Tunaman probably has a sear, but if not I know that rogue does.

It's about 15 bucks for a new sear assembly.

Actually the trigger hits the trigger rod, which is attached to the sear and pivots on the sear pin, the teeter-totter motion activates the on/off valve, which releases and fires the bolt.

x86assembly
03-07-2005, 11:49 AM
I found a site that actually has some AGD Parts listed.
http://www.300fpspaintball.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=19

68_IrOcKmAgS_68
03-08-2005, 07:33 PM
hey guys, thanks for everything i got a couple more Q's.
i've heard the the LX bolt is awsome and all
but i havn't heard if it works well with a classic valve. i've only heard that they go w/ rt's and X vavles. so if ya can help me out it would be appreciated greatly. i know x-valves rock, but it's just a back up gun to my omen (for now)

and if anyone is selling one (LX) , the complete set springs and all. post here.
my price is around 35-40. i've seen them new for $60 even though they are normaly $80

Thanks!!!!!!

Dayspring
03-08-2005, 08:37 PM
You heard wrong. It was the ULT that didn't always play well with the classic valve. The Level 10 works with ANY AGD gun/valve.

Tunaman
03-08-2005, 09:35 PM
60 new? Where? Only a moron would sell them for 60 new.

68_IrOcKmAgS_68
03-08-2005, 10:13 PM
i'll try an get the site from my friend. i was at his house today and forgot the site. i''l post tomorrow.

68_IrOcKmAgS_68
03-09-2005, 06:03 PM
i want to put a chrome foregrip on my gun but i'm not sure what kind to use a gas thru or what, and if i decide to put a gas thru or whatever on it, what do i need to attach it. and if anyone has the parts i need in chrome post o pm and i'll buy. (probably w/in reason)

pics would be appreciated!!

kurama
03-09-2005, 08:47 PM
You will need a:
Rail Assembly (Rail, bushing, Twistlock assembly, sear pin)
Body
Valve Assembly (Bolt, Spring, Regulator, On/Off Assembly, Bolt spacer, Valve, etc)
Barrel (Most bodies use twistlocks. Some Emag bodies and all ULE/Sluggo bodies use cocker threads)
Trigger frame (Trigger, Trigger Pin, Grips, Safety)
Sear Assembly (Sear, Sear Pin)
Automag Foregrip or Automag ASA Adaptor + Gas-Thru Grip
Quick-Strip Thumbscrew
Front trigger-Frame screw
Bottomline ASA
Air hosing/Fittings
Air or co2 tank.

Anno kits usually cost more than the anno would itself. And its hard to anno and somewhat unsafe. An anno kit will run $150 and up, plus the cost of an electrical source. You can get an anno done at http://www.atmf.com/ for very cheap ($45 for single color, $110 for splash, etc) and they do a great job. Doc Nickel and Bob Long do their annos through them, and I've recommended them to several people and I'm considering an anno soon. I've seen a few in person, and they looked great.

jewie27
03-09-2005, 10:02 PM
The Level 10 works with ANY AGD gun/valve.

Not true. Level 10 doesn't work on Sydarms and field rental Automags.

68_IrOcKmAgS_68
03-09-2005, 10:20 PM
at pbgear.com LXs go for $68

Mr. Mouse
03-09-2005, 11:07 PM
you'll need
-body of some sort
-rail
-sear
-trigger
-field strip screw
-front screw
-valve
-macro/steel braided line
-macro/steel elbows
-duckbill, or on/off
-elbow if the body is p/f, i recommend rouges ULE body package with adjust feedneck
-barrel(cocker threads)
thats just for it to work

optional(if you want a foregrip of somesort)
-asa screw
-asa
-gas thru or reg
-extra elbows/fittings
-extra macro/steel hose line

good luck, im almost done building mine, ill get pic's up when its finally done =)

68_IrOcKmAgS_68
03-10-2005, 06:50 PM
-Chrome pf left body
-Chrome rail
-sear
-Chrome trigger
-field strip screw
-front screw
-valve
-steel braided line
-steel elbows
-on/off
-Hopper
-an elbow

and i want an asa + asa screw and a chrome gas through grip. if you have what i need please post, an if ya have pics send them to [email protected]

THANKS

68_IrOcKmAgS_68
03-14-2005, 07:45 PM
ok, i got everything and am putting it togther, so far so good. then i relized i need a pin that holds the sear assembly in place. i thought i had the right one but, i need a half-cricle shape sear lock pin to fit my rail. so i put an allen wrench in it to hold it in place temporrarily, got it all hooked up, then put on the gas and guess what LEAK, i though it was from the make-shift sear pin lock, but it turms out that it was coming from the inside of the bolt. so if you can help please post!!!

68_IrOcKmAgS_68
03-16-2005, 07:45 PM
ok, i just bought the sear off the guy who sold me my rail, so that prob should be taken care of, no there's just one more thing. i bought a Taso x-chamber, but i relize now that i need an asa gas thru foregrip adaptor so i can use my new taso x-chamber. if you have one of these, i need it in chrome, so please post if you have a chrome one.
i'm so close to building my first mag!!!!! thanks!!!