PDA

View Full Version : My College SUCKS in sports

Automaggin2
03-05-2005, 12:47 PM
My school always chokes hardcore in sports. We had a shot to go to the NCAA tournament, all we had to beat was a crappy Seton Hall team. They are getting slaughtered right now. They choked in football also, they had an easy shot at a BCS game, but noooooooo they blew it like usual.

:cuss: WVU!

:hail: Go Bucks!

We need a new athletic director

BlackVCG
03-05-2005, 12:59 PM
My last year in college (2004) our men's basketball team went on to win the National Championship. Mind you it was NAIA Division II, but it was quite a feat for a college of a couple thousand people and out in the middle of nowhere (Klamath Falls, OR).

Automaggin2
03-05-2005, 01:17 PM
Yea, well WVU is only down by 5 now. Hopefully they will win, even though they wont do poop in the tournament.

We have one national championships in........RIFLE! Thats about it. O yea, like the 1959 NCAA BBall Championship, but that doesn't really count anymore.

Bigcountry
03-05-2005, 01:32 PM
WVU rifle is the winingest rifle team in the country. And our football team isn't bad, they just choke in bowl games.

xmetal2001
03-05-2005, 01:38 PM
We have one national championships in........RIFLE! Thats about it.

Hey now, Don't be insulting rifle. Rifle Teams rule :cool:

SAW
03-05-2005, 01:47 PM
Hey now, Don't be insulting rifle. Rifle Teams rule :cool:
Really.

xmetal2001
03-05-2005, 01:56 PM
Really.
Absolutely.

SAW
03-05-2005, 03:02 PM
Absolutely.
Totally.

Kevmaster
03-05-2005, 03:18 PM
At least your football team goes to bowl games :cry:

SAW
03-05-2005, 03:20 PM
Our football team got spanked: 70-10. :)

magman007
03-05-2005, 05:26 PM
See, thats why kansas state university is better than WVU. i told you colin... BIG 12 CHAMPS 2k4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K>>>>S>>>>U>>> WILD CATS!

Kevmaster
03-05-2005, 06:48 PM
See, thats why kansas state university is better than WVU. i told you colin... BIG 12 CHAMPS 2k4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K>>>>S>>>>U>>> WILD CATS!

Kansas State will NOT win the big 12 nor will they dance this year.

sorry...its just true

Automaggin2
03-05-2005, 07:31 PM
Kansas State will NOT win the big 12 nor will they dance this year.

sorry...its just true

Well, Darren Sproles is gone. They were hurtin big time without El Roberson this year.

Yea, Rifle team is cool, but it gets no reconition. Its boring to most people. Its not a spectator sport.

They did just pick up one of the best running backs in the nation, Jason Gwaltny.

Bigcountry
03-06-2005, 01:38 AM
"The" best Colin, he was the number 1 prospect.

PS hit me up on IM"

1stdeadeye
03-06-2005, 10:46 AM
Go Terps!!!!!! :clap:

:p

Automaggin2
03-06-2005, 01:29 PM
Big Country, I already got my Gwaltny jersey :eek: They sell em in the coliseum. Whats your screenname again, somehow half my buddy list mysteriously disappeared.

TERPS SUCK!

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
03-06-2005, 01:39 PM
I hope to go to a college that sucks in sports so I will be able to play.

Automaggin2
03-06-2005, 02:12 PM
I hope to go to a college that sucks in sports so I will be able to play.

Go to a division 3. I bet you will be able to play sports there. I know someone that didn't play a day of football in high school, but he is so fast he walked onto a D3 football team and is starting now.

Kevmaster
03-06-2005, 02:13 PM
Go Terps!!!!!! :clap:

:p

yeah, ya'll need to make it to the dance so we can beat you guys this year...grrr...

ntn4502
03-06-2005, 02:16 PM

\

DID YOU WATCH THAT GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WicKeD_WaYz
03-06-2005, 02:16 PM
:cuss: WVU!

haha we both know you will be transfered in soon enough. Maybe we wont be such a disspointment next year either. Non of this loosing 4 games stuff like this year. Actually im calling it now.... NATIONAL CHAMPS!

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
03-06-2005, 02:17 PM
Go to a division 3. I bet you will be able to play sports there. I know someone that didn't play a day of football in high school, but he is so fast he walked onto a D3 football team and is starting now.

That is my plan, plus most of the schools I'm looking at for purely educational reasons are D3 anyway.

Automaggin2
03-06-2005, 02:22 PM
haha we both know you will be transfered in soon enough. Maybe we wont be such a disspointment next year either. Non of this loosing 4 games stuff like this year. Actually im calling it now.... NATIONAL CHAMPS!

Well, OSU has one of the top recruiting classes this year....hopefully Maurice Wells have the same impact as Clarrett did, and maybe that Ryan Williams kid will be the next Will Smith :rofl: :eek: ;)

Automaggin2
03-06-2005, 02:24 PM
DID YOU WATCH THAT GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which game?!?!? Fill me in! If you are talking Basketball, I am disappointed this year by the university sanctions restricting them from any post season play. I saw them play earlier this year at the Schott during the weekend of the Michigan game, but havn't really followed up on them since.

ntn4502
03-06-2005, 02:25 PM
BTW, its official, I am an OSU student fall quarter :cheers:

ntn4502
03-06-2005, 02:26 PM
Which game?!?!? Fill me in! If you are talking Basketball, I am disappointed this year by the university sanctions restricting them from any post season play. I saw them play earlier this year at the Schott during the weekend of the Michigan game, but havn't really followed up on them since.

Ummm, we just beat the #1 team in the country...

WicKeD_WaYz
03-06-2005, 02:30 PM
Well, OSU has one of the top recruiting classes this year....hopefully Maurice Wells have the same impact as Clarrett did, and maybe that Ryan Williams kid will be the next Will Smith :rofl: :eek: ;)

haha yea man im trying Will Smith is my idol. I saw Wells at the Mich game he looks like a player. You'de be surprised at some of the other backs we have comming through though that will see the field next year.

ntn- thats when im goin to man hit me up when you get there Ill be in a few weeks early for practice.

Rooster
03-06-2005, 03:01 PM
"Actually im calling it now.... NATIONAL CHAMPS!"

Make it happen. Hopefully you guys open up a 50-0 lead on Texas and everyone gets some plaing time on a nationally televised game.

Btw, how great was that basketball game. OSU finally put together a solid finish, just when they needed it most.

SAW
03-06-2005, 09:41 PM
Ummm, we just beat the #1 team in the country...
I was there. :p
Sylvester was great. Talk about coach's confidence...

Automaggin2
03-06-2005, 09:52 PM
Woah Illinois lost to a team that wont even go to the NIT.

SCpoloRicker
03-07-2005, 02:54 PM
*cough* Fight On! *cough*

Dryden
03-07-2005, 04:12 PM
Whoa, this thread just turned into an Ohio State love-fest ...

Us Buckeyes have learned to accept the bad with the good. :)

SlartyBartFast
03-07-2005, 05:49 PM
Something to be proud of. Your school doesn't waste truck loads of money supporting fat egos and bad attitudes that ultimately will contribute ZERO to the advancement of humanity.

Marx had it wrong (or the world has simply changed). It's not religion that's the opiate of the masses, it's Sports. You might be getting an overpriced dead-end education but: WHOO-WHEE ain't our dere sport's tem doin gud!

And instead of giving real futures to the population, kid them into believing that if they try hard enough they can hit easy street as a professional sports player. Or, kid them into believing that a one in a million crap shoot that benifits a tiny minority somehow makes up for the rest of the inequities in society. :rolleyes:

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
03-07-2005, 05:59 PM
Something to be proud of. Your school doesn't waste truck loads of money supporting fat egos and bad attitudes that ultimately will contribute ZERO to the advancement of humanity.

Marx had it wrong (or the world has simply changed). It's not religion that's the opiate of the masses, it's Sports. You might be getting an overpriced dead-end education but: WHOO-WHEE ain't our dere sport's tem doin gud!

And instead of giving real futures to the population, kid them into believing that if they try hard enough they can hit easy street as a professional sports player. Or, kid them into believing that a one in a million crap shoot that benifits a tiny minority somehow makes up for the rest of the inequities in society. :rolleyes:

Someone got beat up in gym class.

tony3
03-07-2005, 06:13 PM
Yeah, we all know if you go to illinois you have a dead end future because it is such a bad school, but hey the basketball team has only lost once. :rolleyes:

ntn4502
03-07-2005, 08:37 PM
Someone got beat up in gym class.

Quoted for truth, what the hell... do you think I go there just to watch football and drink beer???????

Honestly though, name an academicly poor school with a top athletic department?

Go play your flute.

WicKeD_WaYz
03-07-2005, 08:45 PM
"Actually im calling it now.... NATIONAL CHAMPS!"

Make it happen. Hopefully you guys open up a 50-0 lead on Texas and everyone gets some plaing time on a nationally televised game.

Btw, how great was that basketball game. OSU finally put together a solid finish, just when they needed it most.

Yea man Im so excited for the Texas game already. After thinking about that too much im REALLY starting to hope I dont red-shirt.

But yea if we can open up with a big bang like that...wow.

ntn4502
03-07-2005, 08:48 PM
Even if you do though, you have the next year @ Texas

tony3
03-07-2005, 08:50 PM
Quoted for truth, what the hell... do you think I go there just to watch football and drink beer???????

Honestly though, name an academicly poor school with a top athletic department?

Go play your flute.

Iowa ;)

Don't worry, I agree with you though.

Automaggin2
03-07-2005, 09:59 PM
Whoa, this thread just turned into an Ohio State love-fest ...

Us Buckeyes have learned to accept the bad with the good. :)

Haha yeaaaaa. As for that Notre Dame picture, I was at that game :clap:

WicKeD_WaYz
03-07-2005, 11:02 PM
Even if you do though, you have the next year @ Texas

yeaa that will be sweet too. OOO and Michigan at home that year. Now ive been thinking about it too much and you got me all excited. :clap: :clap:

Automaggin2
03-08-2005, 03:28 AM
And hopefully I will have transffered by then. AO is gonna take over Cbus :headbang:

WicKeD_WaYz
03-08-2005, 04:06 PM
And hopefully I will have transffered by then. AO is gonna take over Cbus :headbang:

Yeaaa that will be tight Ill finally live next to some AO'ers and maybe make an event or 2.

68_IrOcKmAgS_68
03-08-2005, 04:17 PM
dude you haven't seen nothin yet.... watch PURDUE bowl games... there's some serious CRAP!!!!!!

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
03-08-2005, 06:43 PM
Yeah, we all know if you go to illinois you have a dead end future because it is such a bad school, but hey the basketball team has only lost once. :rolleyes:

Infact U of I ranks within the top 25 of the nations best schools, although it is too large for me.
;)

Kevmaster
03-09-2005, 01:29 AM
Lets Go Dook!

Automaggin2
03-10-2005, 03:40 PM
We're goin' dancin'

WVU upsets top seeded BC in quarterfinals

ntn4502
03-11-2005, 06:30 PM
Well look who got a little publicity, Congrats Ryan....

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=uwire-ohiostatesignsohionativere&prov=uwire&type=lgns

WicKeD_WaYz
03-13-2005, 08:54 PM
Well look who got a little publicity, Congrats Ryan....

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=uwire-ohiostatesignsohionativere&prov=uwire&type=lgns

haha i dont remember saying some of that. cool though thanks man.

Automaggin2
03-22-2005, 02:26 AM
Wow......what a suprise!

Sweet 16 :headbang:

Dryden
03-22-2005, 09:51 AM
Yeaaa that will be tight Ill finally live next to some AO'ers and maybe make an event or 2.

Well, the place to go is Splatter Park (http://www.splatterpark.com/), they've usually got quite a few events going on year round. The question though is how long a window do you get between moving to C-Bus and the start of the FB season to play? :p