PDA

View Full Version : U don't even really need a warp feed!

JACK
11-17-2001, 04:58 PM
If u r getting the halo then it can feed 18 bps or more. U will never be shooting more than that.

JACK
11-17-2001, 04:59 PM
Sorry trying to respond!

Russ
11-17-2001, 05:08 PM
But what if you want to lower the profile of your set-up, and be able to shoot from any angle?

magic55
11-17-2001, 05:30 PM
i agree with russ thats one of the biggest points of the warpfeed. most people cant even outshoot a rev so its not just to feed fast.

MagMan5446
11-17-2001, 06:36 PM
Everything Russ said is true.

There is another reason though. You can get a Bushy or Tribal going as fast as you want it to. I've shot one going 23cps(cycles per second). With a halo and a warp, you can actually do that, but just to show off with.

Bartleby
11-17-2001, 06:41 PM
i don't know about that tibal and bushy thing. 23 cps? don't think they can handle it.

like everyone else has said before, the warpfeed isn't only for higher rates of fire, but for the lower profile. everyone i know that has a warp says that they have completely eliminated hopper hits. which is a huge plus. not to mention, with a warp, you can shoot while holding your gun at any angle. i've had many problems with layin on my side and trying to shoot. doesn't work to well, gravity is very picky about these things.

Vegeta
11-17-2001, 07:22 PM
I dunno about the automag Rt, but hte RT trig on a m98 can outshoot mosyt anything, if you get it right. It takes a trained finger, but you can get it up/over 20bps, but it doesnt last long. And with a warp u can feed at any angle, so u can literally shoot upside down.

SGTKennedy
11-17-2001, 07:46 PM
i dont think you realize how fast 20 bps is. If i am wrong Im sorry but 20 bps is insanly fast. 12 bps is fast. I doubt a M98 could handle that. and i like tippmans.
I want a gun that tells me the average BPS on a LCD/LED readout so that people would understand the insanity of their claims. A friend of mine has the fastest finger on a mechanincal trigger i have ever seen and i cant say i beleive its over 12 or so. oh well.
Kennedy

AngelBoy
11-17-2001, 07:51 PM
Yea, lower profile is the main thing. And nobody really understands just how fast 20bps is. Everybody is all sayin how they can get 13 easy and then get 20 and so on and so on, so I stuck a few people on my lcd to see how fast they really can shoot and most of em cant get past 9...

Cha0tic
11-17-2001, 08:27 PM
the main purpose for the warpfeed is to lower your profile. the feeding capabilities are just something extra.

if you can shoot over 12 bps with a mechanical trigger, or electronic, without an rt, i want to hear it....it is very hard to do. personally, i can get 9bps, recorded on my computer. i think thats pretty fast, or at least *** fast as most of the electros at my field. give me a double trigger, and i might be able to get 10 or even 11, but i'm not sure.

mac2k4
11-17-2001, 10:26 PM
on my dark i've hit 19, on my lil' bro impulse i've hit 14-15. i use the old style laorders, i measured my lcd on the lcd screem, and ripped the 14 w/ impulse over a chrono.

i've seen people w/ normall mags w/ stock trigger and all shoot 8+ ovee chrono, and a guy w/ a spyder shoot 10 w/ a single trigger and all, so it really isn't that hard.

StanBo
11-17-2001, 11:01 PM
I switched to HPA today and found that the gun shot great. So great that I was chopping balls a plenty. And it was my entire fault. I was raised to shoot a burst and wait for a recharge when using c02.

I use a single 9v revolution hopper and it could not keep up with me when I burst shot.

I don't know if I can hit 13 but I think I am damn fast at times.

I wouldn't mind installing a warp feed on my 'mag. I have seen them in action and they are great!

lonsch
11-17-2001, 11:47 PM
guys before you get to excited about the halo ask your self something.

why has there never been a video of the halo on a vert feed gun?

I was told by tom Kaye (who has a halo) that the only way it can feed more than 11-12 bps is with a power feed gun.
the halo is not a force feeding system it only has 4 balls in the tube then there is a gap. that gap is where the eye is.

now on vert feed guns with a small ball stack you can get what is called ball bobble. that is when a ball is only a fraction of the way in the feed tube and it is hit by the bolt and is pushed up the feed tube. that is where the halo has feed problems.

on a power feed gun the ball bobble actual helps feed the ball into the gun

mac2k4
11-18-2001, 09:10 AM
tru but i've got a high rise on my angel, so it'll fill up about 7 balls and get shot out and another 7 will be right behind it up to supposedly 16 bps.
but ya get bobblee effect from guns with blow back.

mattyfatty182
11-18-2001, 12:45 PM
Do any of you actually have any recognition of how fast 20 bps is? The RT can do 26, ON A MACHINE. How in the world do you think you can do 20 on a TIPPMANN? I think not.

CTG
11-18-2001, 01:07 PM
Ionsch, actually its 14bps on the vertical feed. Hopefully the HALO will cause an improvement from all the marker manufactures. Even if the HALO only feeds at 12bps its a significant improvement over the rev because of the consistently at which it feeds the balls. Speed is what people like to see and talk about.

FooTemps
11-18-2001, 02:16 PM
Hm....How fast does a tippman in runaway mode shoot?

The halo is nice but if you have a warp you should put the halo on hold for a bit because they both shoot around the same range. Just my .02

MajorDamage
11-18-2001, 03:33 PM
I always outshot my Eggolution hopper, and then I got the warp and couldnt outshoot anymore, but I love the low profile more than the speed!

ENDO!

Jonneh
11-18-2001, 03:46 PM
Would it be possible for to move all the stuff in the warp into a hopper on a smaller scale. So basically it would have a wheel forcing balls into the breech with very little help from gravity.

I'd have thought doing so, would make the thing lighter and less bulky.

MajorDamage
11-18-2001, 03:59 PM
But that would defeat the purpose of creating the warpfeed, taking the hopper off the top of gun.

ENDO!

FooTemps
11-18-2001, 04:18 PM
Why doesn't a company just make a side mount hopper? Wouldn't that be much easier? Make the thing a warpfeed and hopper all in one. Then it would be mounted on the side and connected to the feed using a warpfeed hose...

talls
11-18-2001, 06:14 PM
yeah, believe me, I played against major this saturday and you could not see anything but his barrel. It was at night so a small shadow was kinda helping, but it still made an almost impossible target. I know I am getting one when I get the money.

mattyfatty182
11-18-2001, 06:47 PM
What about a hopper that has the wheel inside?

talls
11-18-2001, 06:53 PM
as they said, that defeats the purpose of the warp. It is not just to feed fast but to lower the profile. Taking away the hopper makes it much easier to shoot at off angles and such. So a force feed hopper really wouldn't do that much. Go with the warp.

DarkPhoenix
11-18-2001, 07:03 PM
I am, however of the mindset that the HALO and Warp Feed are a perfect match for each other. The HALO, force feeding the paintballs into the warpfeed, will not only make both products better, but will increase anybody's rate-of-fire and overall marker dependability. You have to admit, it will be very hard to chop a ball.

Russ
11-18-2001, 10:08 PM
DarkPhoenix,

I agree with you 100% The HALO will enhance the Warp, not replace it. It should be real tough to outshoot that combo :D

Jonneh
11-19-2001, 04:12 PM
What I (and i think some other people) meant is this:

Apologies for the horrible picture

[edit: I spelt built wrong in the diagram, doh]

JanStah
11-19-2001, 04:42 PM
How about this for an improvement though:

Since the hose has to go all the way up to the breech anyway, why not just have the output port on the top of the hopper instead of the bottom?

Jan.

Cliffio
11-19-2001, 04:59 PM
i wanna see some proof of the people shooting 20 and even 23!!!
you people are retarded, there is NO way you can shoot a gun 23 bps or cps or whatever, i dont care if there is air, no air, it doesnt matter

no way can u get it that fast, 14 is freakin fast like i said show me some pics of something saying you got 23

come on folks, no one here is impressed with some stupid lie about getting 67 bps

u cant do it

Cliff

Cliffio
11-19-2001, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by JanStah

Since the hose has to go all the way up to the breech anyway, why not just have the output port on the top of the hopper instead of the bottom?

Jan.

i dont think it could be considered a "gravity" fed loader

remember its gotta be gravity fed, so i dunno if that picture would do it, thats why the warp has to have a revy on top, because of the gravity thing

Cliff

Jonneh
11-19-2001, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by JanStah

Jan.

Then it wouldn't work on guns without warp, so those stubborn people who refuse to buy it will [self moderation]moan[/self moderation]

Welcome to page 2

Drizit
11-19-2001, 07:15 PM
the only reason you won't want a warp with a halo is if you don't like having the warp beside your gun. (some people just like having the hopper on top... go fig.) and a note on gun speeds.
M98 RT - clocked at 17bps over a crony at my field (with warp feed)

M98 /w some evil E bolt thing attached - cycled at 32bps full auto (no paint so I don't know about shoot down... however the CO2 cloud looked cool coming out of the ring of holes on the stock barrel, that is until the solenoid blew.)

Sonic bushmaster - I can't remember but I think it's over 30bps full auto, just a dumb rate of fire anyway. a bushmaster can take it but....

as to pulling at 23 or even 19bps with your finger on semi? with any gun... I'd love to see that. I'd put down money that you can't really do that. I've seen fast fingers. and I am pretty fast on my mag (I haven't found a hopper that can keep up yet. but my warp will come soon.) however I don't think unaided the human finger can go that fast.

oh and by the way the halo is go to be setup to feed 16bps not 18

manike
11-19-2001, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Drizit
as to pulling at 23 or even 19bps with your finger on semi? with any gun... I'd love to see that. I'd put down money that you can't really do that.

You can, and I have :) , but the way to do it hasn't been released to the masses yet. Still debating wether or not it will be legal under current legislation...

Did you read the thread in the original Fight Club about what a semi auto is? That was done to try and get a solid definition to see if certain designs I've made for semi auto triggers would be legal or not... Under all arguements presented there, they are, and will still be 'legal' for use... ;)

Still not sure if it is a good thing though. :( Or if it should be made available.

manike

Drizit
11-19-2001, 07:31 PM
no i didn't catch that thred manike. but i would love to know what you did.

manike
11-19-2001, 07:37 PM
The thread was just about how to define semi auto. It's actually a harder definition to make than you would think! It was a good discussion.

I'm not releasing how I did it yet. Maybe at some point in the future, but it's not needed at the moment (you'd instantly outshoot any hoppers currently available) and I'm not convinced it's a good thing to have.

manike

Vegeta
11-19-2001, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by AntwanRT
...A friend of mine has the fastest finger on a mechanincal trigger i have ever seen and i cant say i beleive its over 12 or so. oh well.
Kennedy

If he can shoot 12 without an RT.. is that what your saying?
Well, a RT almost doubles your normal trigger rate. So if he could fire 12 normally, theoretically he could do 24 on an RT. 1 ball on the pull, 1 on the release. it owuldnt be 24, prolyl around 18-20..

The 98 can handle it.. the electro kit, uncapped, can do 18.. im sure it can handle 20.. at the max..

Drizit
11-19-2001, 08:35 PM
I don't want to do the mod. I can shoot as fast as I want to with the way I'm setup now. I'm just curious, and I collect information, be it useful or useless. also the possibilities get my brain going and I can't figure out what you did. so I drives me nucking futs.:confused:

FooTemps
11-19-2001, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Vegeta

Well, a RT almost doubles your normal trigger rate. So if he could fire 12 normally, theoretically he could do 24 on an RT. 1 ball on the pull, 1 on the release. it owuldnt be 24, prolyl around 18-20..

The 98 can handle it.. the electro kit, uncapped, can do 18.. im sure it can handle 20.. at the max..

An rt trigger doesnt do that...an autoresponse trigger does that. All the rt trigger does is bounce back your finger so you can get the next shot off faster...

Drizit
11-19-2001, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Vegeta

Well, a RT almost doubles your normal trigger rate... 1 ball on the pull, 1 on the release.

your thinking of the autoresponce trigger for the mag, not the retro valve.

you'd be surprised what you can do with a blowback.

Edit: you beet me to it footemps

FooTemps
11-19-2001, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Drizit

Edit: you beet me to it footemps

I'm the moderator they never had... :D

SGTKennedy
11-19-2001, 08:58 PM
he is going to do the Recording and look at the peaks tomorrow. i suggested it to him this afternoon before work. so now i can know for sure what Freaking Fast is. I Doubt its 12 though. i meant 12 as the tops. Everyone should do that recording.
i am tempted to bust out the RT and the Pump. see what i can do.
I bet i can do about 9 bps with the rt. and 23-24 bps with the SL-68
kennedy