PDA

View Full Version : mag velocity nut

mag88888
03-05-2005, 06:42 PM
my velocity nut wont turn, either way. its pissing me off. whats wrong?, anything broken?

Chronobreak
03-05-2005, 06:44 PM
uhm..is the gun pressurized? its alot harder to turn when it is

also is it a thumb or hex key velocity screw...

try degassing and doing it.

mag88888
03-05-2005, 06:47 PM
i tried to when its pressurized and when it isnt pressurized. i changed springs from the longest to middle and it made no difference. i took out some shims, nothing helped. i just dont understand. should i lube it up?
EDIT: also the whoile valve moved at one time while i was trying to turn the nut.

Chronobreak
03-05-2005, 06:50 PM
i tried to when its pressurized and when it isnt pressurized. i changed springs from the longest to middle and it made no difference. i took out some shims, nothing helped. i just dont understand. should i lube it up?
EDIT: also the whoile valve moved at one time while i was trying to turn the nut.

sounds like you might have bigger problem here..

did you recenmtly remove/rebuild the marker/valve?

make sure the valve is securely on the gun and tightened..

the velocity hole is on the very back of the marker ..stick the correct hex key in and turn it clockwise for higher and counter for lower..

--edit

if it starts to leak out the back its too high

mag88888
03-05-2005, 07:01 PM
ahhh im frustrated. i think i may send it in to AGD. think i should?

Chronobreak
03-05-2005, 07:03 PM
i dont udnerstand the problem...

nor why it wouldnt adjust....

i would suggest PM tunaman or one of the techs

hoesntly its not worth the shipping and time you wont have your gun and the $20 or so agd wil cahrge ti fix it 1 min

wimag
03-05-2005, 07:30 PM

first off changing springs and shims on your level 10 is not gonna anything to help loosen up the velocity nut.

take the back half of the reg off and grab onto with the backside of a mousepad. if you have a strap wrench use that. put the hex key in the velocity adjuster hole and loosen it off. remove it all the way and regrease the threads and spring pack.

it is not really that big of a deal, no need to send it in the AGD

mag88888
03-05-2005, 07:56 PM
ahhhh i tried that and i cant get the velocity nut off. well it still shoots. ill try to figure out a way to get the velocity nut out.

Tunaman
03-05-2005, 08:01 PM
Start saying your praises to AGD for making that nut stainless or you would have a rusty mess right now. A set of T-Handle Allen wrenches are a must for working on guns. After you get it out, check the threads, and clean out the reg body. Wipe a little grease in the reg body where the oring rides and that should make it easier to turn.

mag88888
03-05-2005, 08:18 PM
i dont have t handle allen wrenches as of now. even with the help of a friend we couldnt get the nut out. ill take it to a local hardware store. theyll probably be able to help me. can i try to turn it out while its in my gun?