PDA

View Full Version : e mag with co2?

doh
03-05-2005, 09:03 PM
i have an emag with an rt vale, and am soon buying a classic mag as a backup gun, i was wondering if i could place the classic valve in the emag and run co2 threw it just for playing in the woods with my buddies when i dont have any compressed air left.

cartman11590
03-06-2005, 12:05 AM
im gessing that wood work considering that that valve is made for co2, iunno ask tunaman, he knows all

BeaverEater
03-06-2005, 12:07 AM
its seems kinda iffy but idk. I dont think it would hurt anything.

doh
03-08-2005, 08:00 PM
im gessing that wood work considering that that valve is made for co2, iunno ask tunaman, he knows all

how do i contact him?

Cristobal
03-12-2005, 12:49 AM
Yes, in theory it should be doable, and I believe it has been done before.

The trick is going to be in the on/off. The first thing I'd try would be swapping the emag on/off into the classic valve and see if it works. It *might* just do the trick. Otherwise, if you use the classic on/off you may have to play with the length of the on/off pin to get the geometry right. You'll also need to watch your input pressure, because the RT on/off helps the solenoid push the pin back up by reducing the downward pressure force on the pin - you won't have this advantage in the classic on/off... but you also can run a lower input pressure. The emag also uses special o-rings to reduce friction against the pin and make life easier on the solenoid.

The other potential problem would be if the emag allows you to shoot fast enough that you draw liquid into the valve. To avoid this, and to provide a steady input pressure, you should consider a good reg like the palmer stabilizer, which you can get in "female" version to screw onto your co2 tank, or sideline to screw into the side of the valve itself.