PDA

View Full Version : New RT need help with upgrades

nkatzboy
03-06-2005, 12:41 AM
So the deal is that I have a used RT that is in great condition. I'm looking for upgrades like rails, bodies, bolts and grips. I havn't found any. The only thing I have seen is from airgun design and that's an upgrade to what I think is a RT ULE but the only problem is I really don't see spending $325 since with that price I could just buy a new marker. I mean is it really worth it? Or what could I do to just upgrade an RT to an RT PRO. THanks for the help. :argh:

jewie27
03-06-2005, 01:06 AM
Do you have a RT classic or what?

What upgrades do you want to put on it?

Need details before I can help you.

nkatzboy
03-06-2005, 02:04 AM
I have an RT classic. I'm really wondering what I need to get ULE body and rail setup. I have an Intelliframe but it needs milling because it won't fit properly. I really want a new ULE vert. feed, then I will worry about bolts. :shooting:

ApexAZ
03-06-2005, 02:49 AM
You can find misc rails for sale in the dealers forum.

You can also probably find used ULE bodies for sale as well if you don't want to buy them from the AGD online store.

Ceph
03-06-2005, 01:19 PM
your classic RT valve won't fit into a ULE body. If you want a ULE mag, your best bet is to build one, not try to make the RT into one. That's why AGD offers the trade.

jewie27
03-06-2005, 08:18 PM
I have an RT classic. I'm really wondering what I need to get ULE body and rail setup. I have an Intelliframe but it needs milling because it won't fit properly. I really want a new ULE vert. feed, then I will worry about bolts. :shooting:

You should have gotten the Intelliframe for the Classic RT, they make one specifically for it.

The ULE body will work on the rail you have but you must remove the twistlock pin assembly.

You can get your original rail milled out by LUKE here on AO. Contact him for details and pictures. He also has a mods thread in the paintball talk section.

After that, get level 10 or sell your valve and get an X-Valve to lighten the gun by 3 ounces.

ApexAZ
03-07-2005, 01:15 PM
You should have gotten the Intelliframe for the Classic RT, they make one specifically for it.

The ULE body will work on the rail you have but you must remove the twistlock pin assembly.

You can get your original rail milled out by LUKE here on AO. Contact him for details and pictures. He also has a mods thread in the paintball talk section.

After that, get level 10 or sell your valve and get an X-Valve to lighten the gun by 3 ounces.

What he said. I have an RT valve and it fit? I just had to figure out how to get that twist lock thingy out. After banging on it a while with a hammer I finally got it out heh (I was banging it in the wrong direction, doh)

z28ss43
03-08-2005, 07:47 PM
I have a Classic RT also, and was in the exact same boat. I didnt want to send my gun to AGD to convert it to a vert feed ULE for that much cash either. So I thought about buying a RT ULE brand new from AGD due to the small price difference. Then I checked out http://www.themagsmith.com .... I dont think I could have made a better choice by buying one there. I have a "Paradigm" and it rocks my world. I absolutely love the gun!
Ryan
for pics of it go to my site http://members.cox.net/iceman024/