PDA

View Full Version : Spyder BPS question

Chipper
03-06-2005, 01:08 PM
One of my friends is telling me his Sivler Bullet can shoot 20 bps straight out of the box, even on full auto. Now, I don't believe him. I know that Spyders have the ability to do a seemiinly unlimited CPS, but the stock board on Spyders llimited it to 13. And now another one of my friends has a Spyder Pilot and is telling me the same thing.
Is this true?

Also, I know the Silver Bullet is Pyshoballistics, I just consider them a Spyder.

Duck Hunt
03-06-2005, 01:20 PM
Most Spyder Boards are "capped" at 13 or 14 BPS, the newest ones that are coming out (ACS Fenix and such) are capped alot higher.

I remember the Silver bullet was advertised as having alot higher BPS cap.

Sean

tyrion2323
03-06-2005, 01:24 PM
Get him to prove it. Video tape him shooting it full-auto and then perform a sound analysis.

DGBaller
03-06-2005, 01:25 PM
I thought the silver bullets were capped at 14...

11_Mile_TMaster
03-06-2005, 01:31 PM
A spyder can theoretically Cycle somewhere around 40 CPS. That's not accounting for feed, or even whether the valve is able to feed air fast enough. You may possibly have problems with shootdown or recocking issues if it isn't fed air fast enough or if the valve isn't a high enough flow design.

A quick look at Psychoballistics site shows that there are two versions. The standard Silver Bullet is advertised as being "Up to 13 Shots/sec". However, the Silver Bullet LCD seems to be able to do 20, judging by the pictures they have on the site that shows the gun set to Semi/20... and also Auto/17. So I'm going to go on a limb and say that it can operate fully automatic at 20 Shots/sec.

68magOwner
03-06-2005, 02:02 PM
kid down the street just got a silver bullet (didnt work from the factory) but, yeah, its capped at 20bps, has full auto, semi, turbo (or summin) and some other useless firing mode, but, without eyes/any anti-chop, thats just stupid, and in semi, the switch is so heavy he probably isnt shooting past 13 anyway

shatter_storm
03-07-2005, 09:55 AM
The board's capable of 20 bps, but the valving system ain't. Tests with a friend's SB resulted in it failing to recock at 13-14 bps using a halo.

I think it was the reg they put on there, doesn't recharge fast enough and so the blowback fails to work during a longish string.

calcan311
03-07-2005, 11:35 AM
I had a mongoose LCD with the 20bps board. On a hp crossfire tank it would do the full 20bps. With a 20 gram micro switch and trigger stops, you could sweet spot it to 20 bps as well. It was insanely fast. The recoil was a big help with sweet spoting. I believe the silver bullet LCD has the same electronics.

phantomhitman
03-07-2005, 02:35 PM
as with everything a video helps. i have seen about 4-5 videos of fast spyders, but they sound like a boat in the water. the box saying it can do 20 bps, and it actually doing 20 bps is 2 completely different things. tell him to prove it.....that usually shuts people up about the "my gun can do 12342sdf342q3 bps".