PDA

View Full Version : I think my halo is sick :(

boggerman
03-06-2005, 07:26 PM
I just got this halo, and have never been around one close enough to hear how it should sound. However in comparison to my egg, it sounds like the batteries are going dead (they are brand new). Is this how they are supposed to sound?

armyballer
03-06-2005, 07:42 PM
is it a new halo or an old halo i have one of the ancient halos and it always sounds like it is goign to die

Lohman446
03-06-2005, 07:50 PM
I had a HALO that sounded like that, I sold it to a teammate for $20 AS IS and bought a new one... a year later and it (his) still works fine...

FreakBaller12
03-06-2005, 08:13 PM
yea when I first got my Halo, the egg sounded alot faster and the Halo didn't sound right. The my friend told me it was suppose to be like that for some reason, I forget why. It should be fine though.

boggerman
03-07-2005, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the input. I just thought it didn't sound right, and no one else around here even has one to compare to. It is a halo b, not a gear drive, if that means anything.

elpimpo
03-07-2005, 02:43 PM
one rotation of the wheel puts liek 20 balls threw... so yes, halos sound liek they are going slow, but put paint in it and u will think diferently

boggerman
03-12-2005, 08:05 PM
I just checked it out against my egg, and it is much slower than the egg. Something must be wrong. :cry:

mag-owner
03-12-2005, 11:29 PM
hey, i dont think there is anything wrong with your halo. my friend had one that had paint everywhere inside, so i took it apart and cleaned it. after cleaning i turned it on and noticed that it sounded slow. but after playing with the sensor i realized that it spins everytime a ball passes it. so try fingering the feed neck, sticking your finger in and out as fast as you can.(minds out of the gutter guys) :nono: or if you want to, you can fill your halo up with paintballs and then turn it on, you should be able to see how fast this thing is

p8ntball365
03-12-2005, 11:52 PM
try new batteries.

Athius
03-13-2005, 01:29 AM
My halo always get jammed and screwed up so i prefer my apache it never jams or srews up plus it has a game timer.

boggerman
03-13-2005, 10:58 AM
I put the halo on my freestyle and my eblade and had several chops while shooting, I switched to the egg - no chops and ropes of paint were flying out. Batteries are brand new, parallel 9v harness. The sound coming from the halo is inconsistant as well, not a steady sound like the egg.

p8ntball365
03-13-2005, 05:07 PM
I made a parrel 9v and mine makes sounds like its doesnt work, i tried putting a pod in and it wouldnt even feed. Maybe we have the same problem.

yakitori
03-14-2005, 10:58 AM
the halo likely has Zcode software, and is supposed to sound like that. They are belt driven unlike an Egg, so they will be quieter too. They are supposed to make a pulsing sound. If it has zcode you can turn it on, and stop the drive cone w/ your finger and it will pulse. That keeps the motor from burning up.

The problem w/ your halo chopping in your freestyle and eblade is probably from weakened detents, and not from the loader. It could also be because you were using brittle paint, and the halos force broke a ball and then it got pushed into the breech already broken, fooling you to think it is a chop. Use fresh paint w/ a Halo.

I like halos better than eggs. Good paint, good detents, fresh batteries is probably all you need to make your halo sing.