PDA

View Full Version : Ideas..

MAGS own YOU
11-17-2001, 08:43 PM
Alright, My mag has given me enough problems, and i dont wanna spend anymore money on fixing it. Im looking for either a cocker or something like that. Anyone got any ideas for me? I really dont want an electro. I just dont know what I should do yet. What kind of cocker or different gun should i get? Or should i just keep my gun. Its turning bad on me, and its given me too many problems to keep it.

magic55
11-17-2001, 08:47 PM
i think if your having problems with yours then you should absolutly get a new gun. Don't just keep the gun from what other people say if you're not happy with it get something you'd be happy with.

MAGS own YOU
11-17-2001, 08:51 PM
I just need a sugestion of what I should get.

Drew
11-17-2001, 08:51 PM
what kind of problems are you having? going from a Mag to a Cocker is going to be culture shock, don't get me wrong, I love my GenX cocker, but as a rule cockers are 10 times more frustrating than a Mag:eek:

Tunaman
11-17-2001, 08:53 PM
If you are having problems with your Mag that you cannot fix, Just call AGD and get an RA# and send it to them. I can assure you that when you get it back, It will rock like it never has before.

DRAGONSLAYER
11-17-2001, 09:40 PM
You got a ton of cash wraped up in it, try what Tunaman said. Unless you just want to get rid of it.

Guy at my paintball store just bought a cocker by warped sports, its sweet and I don't like cockers. This one has alot of goodies on it and the fade is great.

MAGS own YOU
11-17-2001, 09:42 PM
Hmm, I guess i have alot of options. I could trade it for a cocker, which normally outshoot it, or I could get it fixed. How much do they charge to fix it?

mac2k4
11-17-2001, 10:10 PM
i'd say go w/ a stock 2k2 v/f cocker. they run about 350? maybe less... they work gret outta the box, just don't fiddle with stuff and your set, then if ya want to, slowly upgrade, just make sure someone who knows what there doing helps ya out.

Riot[Z-Grip]
11-17-2001, 10:25 PM
As I understand: If you still have stars on your valve, AGD will fix your gun for the cost of one star. If you have no stars, it is a flat $45 fee. (Although if any "hard" parts such as a sear are required, it will cost you the price of the part.) To me, it seems like you should try this first, you already have so much money tied up in your gun. That and it is a mag, come on! Hehe. Good luck with your mag and/or new gun. (If you do get rid of it, I would get a stock cocker, and play with it for 6 months. After that just get aftermarket parts to fix any problems you have had, if any.)

-Riot

InfinatyBPS
11-18-2001, 02:08 AM
Cockers are nice, if you have enough money get a Gen X cocker, those are sweet and not too expensive.

FooTemps
11-18-2001, 02:59 AM
If you still have stars on your mag get an ra# and send it to agd. That way you don't have to play anything! Isn't AGD great?

Minimag4me
11-18-2001, 03:03 AM
guys he has a retro valve so im pretty sure its free without stars because retrovalves dont have stars haha

FooTemps
11-18-2001, 03:14 AM
LOL! That is prodigious! OH YEAH, I USED A NERD WORD!!!

I dunno about the servicing of the retro so I dunno...

DC Nelson
11-18-2001, 06:28 AM
Id call AGD to make sure, but i think they will just service it for you (with a retro).

The cost if they want to charge you is supposed to be 45$ flat (as long as all the parts are more or less there... hehe). At least, thats what i understand.

Before putting a bunch of money into more parts for a marker you still cant get to work, or a different marker all together, id get your current one working (if nothing else, for selling it). There isnt much point in having an entire marker sitting around just because it doesnt work correctly.

Now, if you are thinking about getting a cocker, id suggest going to either of these places:
http://www.thecog.bizland.com/
and/or
www.warpig.com cocker tech forum (their site wont load right now, so cant get the exact address)

Ask a bunch of questions. Look at what models/years you think you like and see if there are any issues with them (or more so, a way to get the same thing cheaper).

Mags and cockers are both good markers.
If you can get both, go for it.
If for some reason you dont like your current marker (doesnt have to be a rational reason, its your marker and your money) , get something that you are happy with.

DoN't PaNiC!
DC

MAGS own YOU
11-18-2001, 09:05 AM
Well, you see, I kept my regular valve when i bought the retro for a time like this. I havent had good luck with my retro and thats was being serviced. So when i go play with my other valve it screws up. You seee what i mean? My mag has no stars because it was previously owned and there is a phase II replacing it.