PDA

View Full Version : DevilMag #1

phantomhitman
03-06-2005, 10:39 PM
MORE PICS ON PAGE 2 NEAR THE BOTTOM

This post will be brief for the time being. I am not answering any questions about the electronics, functions, or technical working of the gun.
1-mind boggling, ultra, super, over the top fast. I own a dm5 also....devil smacks it around quite nicely, which I thought would never happen. Gun is one shot, one pull tourney legal setup also.
2-compact. with the dallara body and 90 degree grip is is very tight and tight. comfy to run and gun with and especially nice to play snake with.

Those are the top factors of the gun. I will be updating this thread as weeks go on and as I learn all of the modes of it. I have been on the wait list forever, in fact I held the number 1 spot for a long time beore number 2 came along. I know Chris personally so trust was not an issue, he is a great guy that dumped many many hours into making this gun come out. Alot of people do not realize how much time is inolved in making this gun, it is COMPLETLY CUSTOM!!

Specs
The ano on my gun is decent, but the body sucks. The is totally the ano companies fault, they will remain nameless. They offered to redo it, but I have aited long enough.
Vert frame and electronics are from Devilden
LAZER BREAK BEAM EYES!!!
Powerlye Scepter Barrel Kit
Deadlywind Dallara Body and rail-Detents from them as well
cnc battery pack-one gloss black and one anoed to match gun
3 feednecks-one from rogue, 2 other from ccm
dye gas thru grip also anoed to match
uni mount coming
xvlave with level 10 and ule trigger
pics in the post below

phantomhitman
03-06-2005, 10:40 PM
http://members.toast.net/tmtackett/photos/devilmag/backquarter_small.jpg

http://members.toast.net/tmtackett/photos/devilmag/side_small.jpg

http://members.toast.net/tmtackett/photos/devilmag/rightside_small.jpg

phantomhitman
03-06-2005, 10:43 PM
local pbn kidz stole my gun and thought money would good behind it. unfortunately they are broke and did not have enough cash to make it worth it. ;)

http://members.toast.net/tmtackett/photos/devilmag/PBNKIDZ2_small.jpg

http://members.toast.net/tmtackett/photos/devilmag/PBNKIDZ.jpg

http://members.toast.net/tmtackett/photos/devilmag/GRIPPBN_small.jpg

Steelrat
03-06-2005, 10:45 PM
Nice to actually SEE one. Interesting that it is faster than the DM5. Hopefully I will be able to try one soon.

JoshK
03-06-2005, 10:46 PM
Very hawt! :headbang:

Duck Hunt
03-06-2005, 10:49 PM
Hahahah faster than a DM5??? Of course it is!!!!!!!!! Its a mag :clap:

Do you use that battery pack for anything? Or do you use a 9 volt?

Sean

tony3
03-06-2005, 10:50 PM
Makes me almost want a mag again.

Chronobreak
03-06-2005, 10:58 PM
NICE...infact i like the anno mroe than the devilmag :p

so theyr out and done now? or just yours?

i would like to see an SS hardline and qd or something..i just think it looks better..

the macro looks excessive and...an eyesore..

btw i would get a foregrip stead of the batt pack..make it a sleeper mag.. :ninja:

but its NOT mine soo..congrats :cheers: glad you like it.

phantomhitman
03-06-2005, 11:06 PM
cnc packs are just for looks. i use a 9 volt in the grip frame. the 32 foot macroline is just temporary, i do have a ss line with shrink wrap but did not have time to install it. about my dm5, my dm5 is fast do not get my wrong, but this mag is nuts. There is a real stream of paint coming out....seriously....stream...solid line.....insane. a video is coming, no promises ont eh date, but it is coming

Creative Mayhem
03-06-2005, 11:12 PM
Nice Phantom! Is that a battery pack or just a foregrip?

Great work Chris!

We need vids! ;)

*EDIT* Question - Does the trigger have stops in it or is that stop in the frame?

peewee
03-06-2005, 11:14 PM
Where's the devil smilie when you need it. The anno is unique. :hail:

ramennoodles
03-07-2005, 12:29 AM
That is one beautiful piece of machinery.

dj89
03-07-2005, 01:06 AM
When you want to sell that pack pm me.

o and nice mag ;)

What did that set up cost ya? I was thinking i may pick one up.

White_Noise
03-07-2005, 01:25 AM
man...thought i was the only one who wanted to put a battery pack on a devil mag. im currently talking a deal with jamescell here on AO about buying his bolt on frame as soon as he gets it. once it comes in i have a sleeper rail and exhile body for it, battery pack will be ordered soon, and i big n slo is sending me an adapter for the battery pack. then im going to send it back to GA_devil for eyes. cant wait for mine to get done. :shooting: :shooting:

phantomhitman
03-07-2005, 07:04 AM
oh yeah, big thanks goes out to bignslo, he made my battery pack adapters. like i said before the packs are just for looks, and are actually pretty comfy to me. a regular 9 volt is in the grip frame.
the trigger has a stop, and is has a spring return.
thanks for the compliments guys, i will try to get a vid up this week but no promises

xprod77
03-07-2005, 07:23 AM
Totally HAWT

nt2004
03-07-2005, 07:40 AM
HOLY HOTNESS!!! I cant wait for mine

Maggot6
03-07-2005, 07:46 AM
How long did he say that it took to make one? Because it seems like so many people are waiting for a long time. I might pick one up in a year or two when he's done :)

phantomhitman
03-07-2005, 08:50 AM
i have no clue how long everyone elses will take, sorry. i think my complete setup (no hopper or tank) was around $1100-1200. i would have to sit down and figure it all up.

BigEvil
03-07-2005, 09:13 AM
That is really awesome - and is PROBABLY WHAT A MAG SHOULD BE. Light, fast as heck, and as sexy as a Pam Anderson on the set of Baywatch. (Ok, maybe im overeacting, but it is pretty hot)

Dryden
03-07-2005, 09:16 AM
OK, the question I want answered is how does the Devil perform with the eyes off? Level 7 bolt? Level 10 bolt?

e.g. Does the performance justify skipping the eyes and purchasing just a bolt-on frame?

ApexAZ
03-07-2005, 10:40 AM
That's pretty dang sweet :)

ben-afficial
03-07-2005, 10:59 AM
thats insanely awsome....whered you find it????? :shooting:

zackzel
03-07-2005, 11:08 AM
Very sweet gun man. Really liking it.

Bolter
03-07-2005, 11:10 AM
Nice!!! Love the looks :) Can I ask what it weighs without barrel and reg/bottle?

mobius
03-07-2005, 11:17 AM
Dayum! I may have to order up one of those! Not to copy your idea, of course, but I have a Dallara that I would love to have that done to!

phantomhitman
03-07-2005, 11:50 AM
i have only used the level 10 so far, i do not have the required peices to fit my level 7 into it. i did shoot it without eyes, same speed but random chuffing at the high speeds. the eyes really help the gun run smoothly, because the ball is fully seated into the breech before it will fire.

i will get the weight of it by this weekend, as well as better pics. i have an electronic scale at work so it will be easy. it is by far lighter than my dm5, I do know that.

where did i find it at......i hope you are joking. if not i have had these parts for a while and sent them off to Chris for customizing.

feel free to ask any other questions.

mobius
03-07-2005, 11:54 AM
He may not be joking, he only has 14 posts, after all.

In case you weren't joking, it's a Devilmag, from Devil's Den paintball. You can find the official thread here. (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=160143) It has all the pertinent info.

SCpoloRicker
03-07-2005, 11:57 AM
Hopefully I will be able to try one soon.

Mine is on its way. :ninja: Bringing it to the big game.

phantomhitman that thing is awesome. Anno acutally looks cool to me, but it's probably the pics. Giggled at the "PBN picz" with $65.28.

Solid.

phantomhitman
03-07-2005, 01:36 PM
yeah, they got to my gun before i knew what happened. there was a crowd of about 10 people looking in awe. there is also a gift card in there....with $3 left on it......they are def pbn kidz. i wish i made a video of it, but my teammate left with the camera earlier than expected.

scpolo, what kind of devil did you get? the 90 frame or hyperframe? you will be more htan happy with it, i know i am.

SCpoloRicker
03-07-2005, 02:30 PM
Just picked up FragTek's. It all Rogue, baby. Exile body, milled and winged rail, 90* frame, and clampers.

Waiting on the :mad: machinist to finish polish on the frame. Can't wait.

Black is beautiful. But so is dust blue on a Karta. :)

68magOwner
03-07-2005, 02:58 PM
I think you will regret not having the body redone, a few more days wait for a perfectly done ano would be well worth the wait in the long run

mandatory
03-07-2005, 03:14 PM
I just semt my mag to chris a week and a half ago. I cant wait ....im bighting my nails. I got the compound eye covers per chris's suggestion. Anyone going to the AO norcal vs. socal event can try mine out( i think i saw steelerat say he wanted to try one). Ill have it back buy then. Im opting with the lvl 7 but also have my old lvl 10 if i want to try that but with the breakbeams i dont think thats necessary. heres what i had befor...

OUTDATEDMAG
03-07-2005, 03:18 PM
hey what kinda triger frame is that i see it everywhere but i dont know what its called.

Jeez 5 years out of the game and now i have alot of catching up on to do

Steelrat
03-07-2005, 03:23 PM
Mine is on its way. :ninja: Bringing it to the big game.

phantomhitman that thing is awesome. Anno acutally looks cool to me, but it's probably the pics. Giggled at the "PBN picz" with $65.28.

Solid.

Yeah, I tried to PM you days ago to congratulate you and tell you how excited I was, but your PM box was full. Again.

SCpoloRicker
03-07-2005, 03:25 PM
Yeah, I tried to PM you days ago to congratulate you and tell you how excited I was, but your PM box was full. Again.

It's empty now, Mom. :)

Steelrat
03-07-2005, 03:25 PM
I just semt my mag to chris a week and a half ago. I cant wait ....im bighting my nails. I got the compound eye covers per chris's suggestion. Anyone going to the AO norcal vs. socal event can try mine out( i think i saw steelerat say he wanted to try one). Ill have it back buy then. Im opting with the lvl 7 but also have my old lvl 10 if i want to try that but with the breakbeams i dont think thats necessary. heres what i had befor...

NICE! That'll be two to try out. I think the lvl 7 is better with the eyes, since supposedly it is more efficient than the level 10.

Steelrat
03-07-2005, 03:26 PM
It's empty now, Mom. :)

Well, I don't have anything to say to you now, junior.

Caffiend
03-07-2005, 04:23 PM
Just picked up FragTek's. It all Rogue, baby. Exile body, milled and winged rail, 90* frame, and clampers.

Waiting on the :mad: machinist to finish polish on the frame. Can't wait.

Black is beautiful. But so is dust blue on a Karta. :)

Sounds like mine! Can't wait to see mine!

phantomhitman
03-07-2005, 05:13 PM
stop hijacking my thread!!! ;)
good luck with everyones devilmag conversions. mine is nice and fast, light, and fast.......

they are worth the wait, i have to run off and look at my devil for the time being. :cheers:

nt2004
03-07-2005, 06:46 PM
When you make a vid, can you include some of the AFA modes? I'd love to see them in action

phantomhitman
03-07-2005, 06:51 PM
i can try. i am scared to death to go into program mode. i am afraid i will completely mess something up. i was the same way with teh musashi chip in my dm5, but that is a piece of cake now.

Dryden
03-07-2005, 07:00 PM
Another question. :)

In your last pic, the top of the grip panel looks like it's bent. Is this lighting, trick photography, or is there soooo much crap crammed inside that frame that the panel barely fits? :cool:

phantomhitman
03-07-2005, 07:46 PM
Another question. :)

In your last pic, the top of the grip panel looks like it's bent. Is this lighting, trick photography, or is there soooo much crap crammed inside that frame that the panel barely fits? :cool:

that is the lighting. i think the logo makes it look like that. the board for this gun is small, really really small. by far the biggest thing is the battery. hope that helps

Athius
03-07-2005, 08:25 PM
Whats the point for the emag battery pack?

SCpoloRicker
03-07-2005, 08:34 PM
Whats the point for the emag battery pack?
He's using it as a foregrip. Just personal preference.

//hawt

phantomhitman
03-07-2005, 08:38 PM
He's using it as a foregrip. Just personal preference.

//hawt

ding ding ding, we have a winner.
in my opinion it looks good. it is not as bulky as i thoguht it would be. I do have another foregrip (or 3) to change out if i want to.

player4
03-07-2005, 08:58 PM
Where did you pick up the cnc'ed battery pack?

I do not like the Tuna ones...........

CKY_Alliance
03-07-2005, 09:03 PM
Where did you pick up the cnc'ed battery pack?

I do not like the Tuna ones...........

BigNslo made it for him..read..

Nice gun man..i really want one now!

CrawforDry
03-07-2005, 09:11 PM
Wow my gun whorism is kicking in, I want one so bad.

player4
03-07-2005, 09:16 PM
BigNslo made it for him..read..

Nice gun man..i really want one now!

no.........BigNslo made the battery pack adapters

Anyways, where did you get the actual cnc'ed battery packs (AGD styled) ?

phantomhitman
03-07-2005, 09:42 PM
you are correct player4, bignslo made the adapters. I bought them well over a year ago.

cnc pack-gloss black
i either got it from rogue or tuna, i cannot remember. i paid dearly for it (around $70 i think) and it was there last one.
cnc pack-raw aluminum
i got lucky and found it in the classifieds, it was like $30 or so.

FragTek
03-07-2005, 10:29 PM
Sweet gat Joe :) Mine (now SCpoloRickers) is #2 and should be on it's way to him shortly.

Hey Joe, where's the vids???? THE VILLAGERS DEMAND VIDS!

Rick, hope you enjoy the DevilMag :)

RoadDawg
03-07-2005, 10:35 PM
NICE! That'll be two to try out. I think the lvl 7 is better with the eyes, since supposedly it is more efficient than the level 10.

I might have one to try out down here as well. (not mine) If it's as good as I hope it is, it'll be mine. :ninja:

phantomhitman
03-07-2005, 10:39 PM
thanks matt, scpolo you are very lucky. you get to skip everyone :bounce:

FromTheBack
03-07-2005, 11:32 PM
lol you better give the people a video good quality or not Joe, they will revolt! If not, I'll be back this weekend with ubercamera (ok so it isnt that great..it just takes pictures of everything)

Big'n slo
03-08-2005, 10:50 AM
Damn thats one sekzy marker!
Looks like everything came together just fine
:D

phantomhitman
03-08-2005, 04:07 PM
thanks bignslo, it came together with your help.
here are some more pics that i thought were better, but it turns out the camera lcd and the actual pics vary alot.

http://members.toast.net/joetackett/photos/devilmag/P3080019_SMALL.JPG

http://members.toast.net/joetackett/photos/devilmag/P3080017_SMALL.JPG

http://members.toast.net/joetackett/photos/devilmag/P3080009_SMALL.JPG

http://members.toast.net/joetackett/photos/devilmag/P3080018_SMALL.JPG

http://members.toast.net/joetackett/photos/devilmag/P3080010_SMALL.JPG

cant foget the frickin lazer beams
from the front of the gun
http://members.toast.net/joetackett/photos/devilmag/P3080013_SMALL.JPG
top of the gun
http://members.toast.net/joetackett/photos/devilmag/P3080011_SMALL.JPG

dj89
03-08-2005, 04:15 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

flyinasian016
03-08-2005, 04:15 PM
Just curious, have you thought about wiring a 9vt battery harness into the emag battery pack, or maybe solder 2 parallel 9vt clips and run the wires through the rail. Just an idea..

phantomhitman
03-08-2005, 04:23 PM
i thought about it but it brings problems.
1-have to get new wire run from the board all the way through the frame and into the pack
2-i suck at wiring
3-no point since it fits in the frame
4-that means i could not use my dye gas thru grip if i wanted to

phantomhitman
03-08-2005, 07:09 PM
and for the weight nuts here you go
gun alone,no barrel- 2.59 pounds
with barrel-2.81 pounds
this is with the cnc battery pack, so it cold be a little lighter, as well as with an uni mount that is on the way.

BeaverEater
03-08-2005, 07:28 PM
Looks real nice, I might have to pick on up in a couple of months when i get some money together.

Skywalker
03-08-2005, 07:34 PM
Are the eye covers supposed to be angled like that or is that the only way they could be done?

ApexAZ
03-08-2005, 07:44 PM
The only reason for going with the level 7 is for better efficiency?

Would the efficiency of a level 10 be around the same as a mech RT or does the electro decrease it more?

phantomhitman
03-08-2005, 07:55 PM
i have not played with a mag in so long i cannot remember how it was to begin with. the level 10 does not slow it down, i do know that. right now i can shoot to under 800 psi fine, before with my mech setup i could get to 900 psi and the level 10 would act all screwy. i will get back to you on the effeciency thing

SCpoloRicker
03-08-2005, 08:03 PM
The only reason for going with the level 7 is for better efficiency?

Would the efficiency of a level 10 be around the same as a mech RT or does the electro decrease it more?

Efficiency and speed, plus not occasionaly having to tune the LX were the reasons cited by GA_Devil

/hurry. please. i'm dying. even though I cut in line ;)

ApexAZ
03-08-2005, 08:16 PM
Can someone point me to where I can find out about tuning? I assume just changing out o-rings when needed and possibly the...shim (is that what the brass thing is called?).

phantomhitman
03-08-2005, 08:39 PM
there is no tuning needed for the devil, only for the levl 10. if anyhting, this gun will wear out carriers because of the excessive speed.

Flow_Tech
03-08-2005, 10:14 PM
nice.

OmniM
03-09-2005, 02:33 PM
Ok Colin! Start making Dallara rails to fit the Xmag batterycasing! ... where to get one of those babies ? :D

ApexAZ
03-09-2005, 06:21 PM
sweet.

How does the trigger feel anyway?

phantomhitman
03-09-2005, 06:34 PM
trigger is perfect for me. spring is enough tension to keep the bounce out while not too strong to hinder pulling fast. as far as teh actual aluminum trigger goes, it is a nice balde style that i like ;)

calcan311
03-09-2005, 06:38 PM
The lvl x bolt is friction dependent, the lvl7 isn't. So it would make sense that the lvl7 can cycle faster, require less pressure to operate, and be more consistant with velocity. For instance, when you use too tight of a carrier it causes your velocity to jump more. I would diffently use the level7. If I could find one of the delrin super bolts, I would be stoked. Looking to buy one by the way.

phantomhitman
03-09-2005, 07:08 PM
i was going to but i was stupid and did not have the right parts to make it work.

Snakechit
03-09-2005, 09:28 PM
Where is the trigger switch? Is it in the middle of the trigger, or is it where the mechanical pin was? If the pin is not in the middle of the trigger is that a set screw?

phantomhitman
03-09-2005, 09:42 PM
i actually do not know where the microswitch is. there is a set screw int eh middle of the trigger, that adjust the trigger stop point. there is a spring return. hope that helps

matt-o
03-11-2005, 11:05 PM
easily the hottest mag ive ever seen, only the pink speed 05's match this in coolness and this is waaay more custom

BTW i would still opt for the LX over L7 myself because of the lighter reciprocating mass

phantomhitman
03-11-2005, 11:18 PM
thanks matt, i am goign to test out each to see what the difference is. right now the level10 is not slowing down anything, so im happy for now.