PDA

View Full Version : me classic mag

off_roader_7777
03-07-2005, 07:28 PM
well.... not too long ago i bought a clasic mag.... not knowing anything about mags i didnt know i couldnt get a ule body kit or ule trigger for it.... what should i do? the oring in the banjo is snagged i cant get it out to take off the frame... the barrel turns freelee.. no safety, theres a small leak around thje barrel, and it leaks when u hold the trigger.... :cry: i know shes pretty beat up... and i got a broken cocker.... i know everybody loves a cocker... let alone broke. now we are about to start entering tournys and im REALLY leaning towards selling it and picking up a electro... ive always wanted a emag.. but with my finacial being thats never gunna happen.... now i was thinking of trading maybe for a micromag or sumthing that will take the new stuff..... i guess im saying what do i do? should i get it sent somewhere to get fixed? will ppl trade for my classic the way it is for a micro or another gun?

thnx :hail: :headbang:

SixRomeo
03-07-2005, 07:56 PM
Roader,
Sorry to hear that you got a bum Mag. I hope you got it for a deal. Since it is an early permutation of the Automag, it may not be the best thing for you to use as-is in tournaments. Though I'm not a tourney player, I would think that, even if there were mags out there on the amateur circuit, they are probably in better shape than yours, from the sound of it. The valve might be worth something to a real Mag enthusiast, but I doubt you'll trade up with what you have.

However, if you decide to keep it, you can solve most of your problems by replacing the body with ULE (it can be done with a little effort), and getting a Level 10. I use this setup currently in scenario games, and it makes for a reliable long-range marker. Though you won't get 15 BPS, or even 5, if you're looking for a reliable marker, you've got one in the making right there.

Poke around the forums. There are plenty of low-priced parts and upgrades that you can get to make your Mag into something great.

-A

www.RAMF.net

Chronobreak
03-07-2005, 07:59 PM
sounds like you have a classic rt...

i had one..LOVED it

i would get a lvlX and y-grip or itnelliframe..then leave it

itl be just as good as all the new mags just not as light and sexy ;)

i would keep it although i might suggest sending it to tunaman or agd for a rebuild

your detent probly needs to be replaced or tightened, maybe new o-rings on the barrel or a new barrel(if its too worn)

lmk if you need anymore help

--edit if it is indeed a classic rt it WONt take ule as is or just about any other mag upgrades other than lvlX and triggerframe(classic rt)

..as for the banjo oil it a tad and depresurize the marker compeltely before trying to remove it.

off_roader_7777
03-07-2005, 09:18 PM
hey i got lvl x and intelefame..... i live in canada but i dont wanna get docked by the border or anything.... im staring to not like online trading im 2 for 2 of getting screwed.... sadly i payed 440 cad bux fer it but theres really no upgrades for it..... i dont know what to do :cry: i want a minimag or sumthing :cry: howw long do you think it would take for tunaman or agd to get that done? around how much? and would they be able to get the banjo out?

http://forum.pballcanada.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3864

http://forum.pballcanada.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3865

Chronobreak
03-07-2005, 09:20 PM
oh and as for the banjo...remove the front frame screw and take the bod off..from there it shouldnt be too dificult

banjo o-ring pinches are somewhat commone problem

i would say 1-2 weeks MAX for any minor repairs or rebuilds.

not sure thwt they charge...agd it tends to vary on what needed to be done

off_roader_7777
03-07-2005, 09:33 PM
jus got pics up

peewee
03-07-2005, 09:37 PM
check out white wolf new classic mag.

JoshK
03-07-2005, 10:04 PM
well.... not too long ago i bought a clasic mag.... not knowing anything about mags i didnt know i couldnt get a ule body kit or ule trigger for it.... what should i do? the oring in the banjo is snagged i cant get it out to take off the frame... the barrel turns freelee.. no safety, theres a small leak around thje barrel, and it leaks when u hold the trigger.... :cry: i know shes pretty beat up... and i got a broken cocker.... i know everybody loves a cocker... let alone broke. now we are about to start entering tournys and im REALLY leaning towards selling it and picking up a electro... ive always wanted a emag.. but with my finacial being thats never gunna happen.... now i was thinking of trading maybe for a micromag or sumthing that will take the new stuff..... i guess im saying what do i do? should i get it sent somewhere to get fixed? will ppl trade for my classic the way it is for a micro or another gun?

All your questions depend on your financial situation. The upgrades i would suggest (after having your gun teched, and tuned) might cost a few dollars.

I-Frame (double trigger), very nice frames, will cost around $70
ULE Body(lighter, takes cocker threaded barrels) $100
Nitrogen tank...they cost anywhere between $30-$300 dollars...this might not be reasonable if you dont have any places to fill it...the next few upgrades would require ritrogen
RT valve, quicker, needs nitro- $120
ULT, lighter trigger, not suggested for classic valve, allthough it might work $40
Hyperframe, will make your gun electric, will have shootdown after alittle while if you use nitro- $150-$200

Those are alot of your options...there are alot of upgrade paths...it just depends on money.

Another option is to get Ion for about $265...they are a decent, semicheap electro.

Chronobreak
03-07-2005, 10:06 PM
josh all GREAT suggestions but it appears he has a classic RT NOT a classic mag :rofl:

JoshK
03-07-2005, 10:08 PM
Ya...i realized that after reading everything again...i got most of that done, right after he posted...i just never reply button to actually post :P

Creative Mayhem
03-08-2005, 10:58 AM
I'm sure we could walk you through the repairs to what sounds like a classic RT, but I would suggest you send it out to one of the AGD techs and have them give it a thorough once over. I would send it to Tunaman/BlackVCG here on AO, they do fantastic work, and when you get it back it will be running like the lean mean playa eatin machine.

off_roader_7777
03-08-2005, 09:10 PM
anyother opinions?

thnx :headbang: