PDA

View Full Version : Where to oil a cocker

w00tw00t858
03-07-2005, 09:32 PM
I just purchased a dye reflex autococker and i was wondering what parts of the marker needs to be oiled. does some parts need to be oiled and greased? is there a difference between the two. and the dye stock ram seems to be stiff do i need to oil that if so where do i do that. thanks in advance

zeroack
03-07-2005, 09:38 PM
Couple drops in the asa. That's about it. Don't oil the Delrin bolt.

Zero

tippmannsniper-
03-07-2005, 09:53 PM
alright cock your back block, you see the part of the pump arm that slides out of the ram,oil that. drop 4 big drops of oil in where you screw your tank in,screw your tank in and then fire about 50 times.

thats it, btw any pics of your new gun i love dye cockers

peewee
03-07-2005, 10:05 PM
I generally put a drop on the 3way also.

JoshK
03-07-2005, 10:13 PM
I generally put a drop on the 3way also.

I suggest dont do that unless it isnt smooth/is sticking...if you put too much it will drown the 3-way and it will not shoot correctly.

w00tw00t858
03-07-2005, 10:31 PM
THanks for all the help. If my pump arm rod for the ram is getting stiff does that mean i just need to lube the rod that goes in it? cuz the last time i was shooting the marker the whole back block got stuck. and when putting oil in the asa do i need to put my gun upside down or anything? and is there places where u put grease and some places u put oil? and how do i post a picture of my marker? do i need a host? thanks

deathstalker
03-08-2005, 05:33 AM
If your pump arm feels stiff, your ram shaft might be bent (oil it first, obviously). Too early to type more. :)

gothsqwd
03-08-2005, 10:22 AM
You do need to pu1 drop of oil on the three way once in a while to help preserv the o-rings.

Here's a step by step to oiling your cocker:

1. remove the barrel. you don't want oil in it.
2. Remove you tank, if it's not already off
3. pull back the back block and place 1-2 drops of oil on the ram shaft. hand cycle to distribute the oil.
4. tilt the marker back so it is pointing straight up. place one drop of oil in the front hole of the three way. let it sit like this for a minute, then pull the trigger several times.
5. point marker at the floor. put 4-6 drops of oil in the asa.
6. still pointing down, screw your tank back in and air up the marker.
7. fire the marker 20-30 times.
note: If it has been a really long time since you oiled it, hold your hand in front of the marker when you fire it to see if any oil gets on your hand. if noe gets on it at all, you may want to remove the tank and repat steps 5-7
8. replace barrel and either store your marker or hit the fields.

White_Noise
03-08-2005, 11:14 AM
besides what everyone else has said, there is only one spot where you should use grease. if your bolt has an oring on it, then use some sort of grease on it(slick honey, vasoline, etc.) the wgp cocker manual actually recommends only 3 different lubricants for cockers. 3 in 1 oil or sewing machin oil for general oiling, and vasoline for bolt orings.

w00tw00t858
03-08-2005, 08:25 PM
Thanks for all the advice. IF you have anymore advice your welcome to post. thanks again for everyone that replied

skife
03-10-2005, 08:33 PM
i greased my whole bolt with vasoline when i had the alumnium bolt, it kept everything from being scratched.