PDA

View Full Version : what really ticks me off...(at the field)

master_alexander
03-07-2005, 10:30 PM
i have a lot of the "heavys" you know, guys with the fast guns and are always there. well i am going there more often and am getting better, finally finished my mag and have worked with it and now it is uber fast (for a mag) and am in the "mid class", not a heavy but not a spyder holder (no offence to thoes gys with spyders).

well annyway what really pisses me off is when i get one of them out, and am low on paint from trying to get them and outsmart them and not use my speed and get a good position and they are still raining on my other bunker and then their friend (also heavy) is on the side giving me away.... it falls under the dead men don't talk rule right?

i am just mad because he was pullin about 20 and i am down near 10 or so.. and it would be a great boost of my personal ego if i got him then i couldhave got the flag.

they did all thoes the heavys against the rentals and other guys.

just give me your input.

thorn
03-07-2005, 10:37 PM
tell the guy to back off or shoot him. also talk to the refs and that guy.

txaggie08
03-07-2005, 10:39 PM
dead men dont talk.....and neither do ******** on te sidelines...

it sounds like these guys like to boost there own egos by beating up on players with slower guns and poorer playing abilities(not YOU specificaly, but the rental guys)

Eatem Alive
03-07-2005, 10:40 PM
with x-ball running rampant, every where i go now, people talk during the game. we just learn to play through it.

maglover728
03-07-2005, 10:44 PM
Yeah, if the refs there are worth anything they should see your point and help the two of you move towards an understanding. There is a local field that has similar problems. I have noticed that while hosting tournaments there, the teams that spend their money there to practice and buy their paint and such generally get the better calls and can get away with more. If this is what you believe is happening after trying to seek resolution, I could only recommend that you find another field.

gc82000
03-07-2005, 10:57 PM
I say if they can talk they are alive, and therefore can be shot at. It has been done and the refs should be there to tell that person to shut their mouth.

master_alexander
03-07-2005, 11:00 PM
i cannot move fields... i like this one too much... the proshop owner helped me trick out my mag... AGD tech guy... yep..

i only play wreckas well.. not tourneys but i am gathering a team together..

the flaming chia pets! i actually got that off another thread... i don't know which but i might just end up using it. lol..

i am also learning to play through it... it gets easier.. i am thinking more tactical than blast and go, after all, it's more the player than the gun.

-=Squid=-
03-07-2005, 11:02 PM
English, please.

xXHavokXx
03-07-2005, 11:39 PM
Isnt there like 190 kajillion threadsa on this?

Someone shoots fast; paintball is coming to an end .

Solutions:
Shoot Faster
Adapt, Evolve, Shoot them

Steelrat
03-07-2005, 11:48 PM
Cheaters are a part of the game unfortunately. Just like any other sport, there are those who put winning ahead of playing.

ApexAZ
03-07-2005, 11:53 PM
Isnt there like 190 kajillion threadsa on this?

Someone shoots fast; paintball is coming to an end .

Solutions:
Shoot Faster
Adapt, Evolve, Shoot them

Did you not read his post? He's upset because a dead man gave away his position.

xXHavokXx
03-08-2005, 12:05 AM
Did you not read his post? He's upset because a dead man gave away his position.

oooOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOOOO

Ohh, well then. Started off like a typical blame people with angelsfor ww2 post.

If they are talking they must be live, shoot them.

master_alexander
03-08-2005, 12:11 AM
i am just pissed off (well not annymore) because i almost had him... i should have mooved slightly closer...

and cheating is part of the game sadly...

o well... i made this thread for something to do

magman007
03-08-2005, 12:35 AM
btw, he isnt pulling 20, and i really doubt you are pulling 10... its prolly more like 14 and 6

WicKeD_WaYz
03-08-2005, 12:43 AM
Yea light his *** up man. Actually I do it alot you dont have to shoot them at first just send a couple warning balls their way. They will then yell at you and what not just give em the finger and tell them not to talk or you'll shoot em. Regulate with your gun if this happens dont count on the refs my girlfriend could ref better than some of these rec refs. I dont have a gf but you know what I mean.

Reaper
03-08-2005, 01:47 AM
Dude, explore the world. Not that the field you are talking about sucks, but there are other fields in the area. I have played at the field you are talking about, and they always like to stack the sides for their buddies.

VFX_Fenix
03-08-2005, 04:31 AM
2 things...
1) If this field allows X-Ball play, then fine, man in the DB is well within the rules to speak
2) If the field doesn't allow such things, then shoot the man on the sidelines

After playing regular ol' ball and X-Ball, both have their advantages and quirks. If it's because you're not shooting as fast as they are, get over it, you're using technology that's over 10 years old if you're using a mech mag. Recognise that you have a "firepower defficiency" (which is seems that you are much aware of).

If you know your opponent is a better shot than you, don't fight with them, if you know your opponent has more firepower than you, don't fight with them. If your opponent is railing on your bunker, don't let him see you, if you're opponent stops shooting, THAT'S when you post out and give a little back. Hoppers don't last forever, if your opponent is busy railing on your bunker, take a momment to collect yourself, look at what's going on around you, where are the other players, how much paint do you have in your hopper (should you top off'?). What ever the situation, you can do other things if your man is just sitting in his bunker shooting.

Playing pump against a Shocker (albeit a sick one) is an intimidating thing, it can be done if you wait for him to stop shooting and keep him guessing where you'll come out.

At the end of the day, if you aren't getting shot out, you aren't learning. If you can recognise why you got shot or how you lost some advantage then that's something you've learned and hopefully not do again.

Accept what yout gear is capable of and use it to it's fullest capacity. Just because you have a Lotus Elise and everyone else is running an Esprit doesn't mean you have to lose to them in a race.

Rather
03-08-2005, 04:40 AM
well sometimes those heavy's want to be on a team, why wouldn't they? Most likely are good friends or 'teammates.' If they have skill then we'll give you numbers.... they can't shoot everyone at once (mabey 2-3 in the same bunker... but whose fault is that?). If they keep talking.. yell at a ref... to yell at them... give the ref a warning shot (meaning don't shoot them but shoot in the general direction), if that fails pop a string past the guy and point at him. He keeps doing it pop him in the leg.

As for cheaters in game... i like my bosses thory on it... payback. Shoot them out, then shoot them 2 times in the leg and 2 in the back (more if necissary). I don't like seeing it but getting shot up the same way they shoot you up would certainly embed the idea that cheating is bad better than some kid with a REF shirt yelling at him to get out of the game (then he just goes off on the ref like he is the one that pays us).

If your mad because you didn't move up.. DO IT NEXT TIME! stay low and stay fast... don't crouch on both knees stay on one knee so oyu can push yourself off faster and run at an opportunity much quicker and satying in game. Shadow a bunker. Run straight to the side then run up... can't shoot you if theres a bunker between you and him, get good enough at it and you can lose him to where you can sneak up the tape on him (provided there isn't some dead man shouting positions).

Yea light his *** up man. Actually I do it alot you dont have to shoot them at first just send a couple warning balls their way. They will then yell at you and what not just give em the finger and tell them not to talk or you'll shoot em. Regulate with your gun if this happens dont count on the refs my girlfriend could ref better than some of these rec refs. I dont have a gf but you know what I mean.

Sometimes refs don't exactly have the highest care in the world about calling rec games 100%. Main priorities with recs are usually safety (more so with rentals). We also don't have too much of a problem about you shooting up the guys that are either cheating or keep yelling... they'll listen to other players better than the 'stupid refs' who get paid to yell at you and try to make sure everyones having a good time. If a conflict arises say some 'verbal smack' or flying fists (rarer of the 2)... we break that up and say use that as motivation to shoot each other, its much easier to pull a trigger and make them hurt than throwing a punch anyways. In all honestly we can really only do soo much to ref and watch, can't be everywhere at once.. there isn't a see all spot to watch all players (if there is then the field was set up poorly.... our bad....at least we can see everyone and yell at them). Yeah we can keep a close eye on that guy shouting your position or trying to wipe (poorly), yell at people to stop talking, pull a guy for excessive overshooting. Does that mean they're gonna stop anytime soon? Survey says N O. They'll try to be more careful about it. Why should they stop doing what they're used to because a stupid ref yelled at them 3 times in the past 2 games about making the game unfair?

On a side note. Never try and jump someone outside of a paintball field if oyu have a beef with them. We know who was ticked at the victim... they saw you beat them up (usually a person would try to get a glimpse of who did it, no?). We have you on record. We can call you and tell you the cops are coming. Have a nice day, before you get thrown in jail.

If you think its tough on your side of the stripes..... try my shoes. Paintballers can be the most annoying and loudest whiners in the world. I have notticed most maggers are honest and just wanna have fun though so most everyone here is excluded from that category (but the whiners are still out there). REF's can't be perfect (sometiems have vast room for improvement), no one can. Not even your political candidate for XXXXXX office, or the man who does your mail, the pimply kiddie behind the cashasier ad MdDeath, your lawyer, your repairman, your dentist, your surgeon, your anything... we're human... humanity hasn't hit perfection yet (probably not ever). Expect the ref to be able to hear you from aross the field with paintguns blazing and wind (outdors) and wearing a mask that impairs hearing and vision to that much of a degree? yell at them all you wan't (they're used to it by now), you have to be sure they hear you or else your wasting hot air.

VFX makes good points as far as playing goes as well.

***(sorry i had to rant about this somewhere, at least i kept it as inteligent as i could at 3:40 am)***

WicKeD_WaYz
03-08-2005, 04:01 PM
Rather- I have no problems with refs at rec games who do the best they can with 30+ people in a game. I understand its impossible to see everything. But what I see frequently is the refs wont even try. They just blow their whistle, sit back in one spot, and pretend to pay attention. They know the games arent that important and they ar getting paid to stand there. They also dont want to get shot for a simple rec game so they wont really involve themselves as much in the game.

68magOwner
03-08-2005, 05:27 PM
sideline coaching is allowed in a local series that i play in here, so, often times at practice we sideline coach just to get better at it/used to it.

master_alexander
03-08-2005, 05:58 PM
after reading this i feel better, i shuld have mooved up, i really can't do annything about him giving me away.

but what i do remember is when there was this kid about 11, he had a rental and had never played before (that i knew of, he looked like it) and then he was on my team. One of the regulars that are at my level was telling him what to do. I can understand that because it was about 1 on 15.

I love AO

tribalman
03-10-2005, 01:51 AM
at my local field i see people doing it all the time. usually it's the little kids yelling at their friends about other little friends on the other team. fine whatever. i'll usually allow a "hey watch out!" or something that doesn't give out a position or what side to look out of the bunker. but when it's "hey billy, check the right 40 dorito!", that i yell the dead men don't talk. if it's a "heavy" i yell right away. that's not fair. it's rec ball. i've seen kids too scared to come out of a bunker cause there might be a heavy on the other team. it sucks.

Lupis Fidelis
03-10-2005, 07:29 AM
We would declare rules before each "speedball" game. Coaching (sideline talk) or no coaching and bunkering or no bunkering.

Lohman446
03-10-2005, 07:52 AM
I've seen it done to "even" the odds a little bit when one team is in danger of rolling the other. I have seen often refs "coach" newer players and tell them where to shoot / etc.

The best was one tournament.. the refs where on the sidelines, I'm standing in the deadbox. Its down to 2 on 1 in our favor and our backplayer is two feet away. I look over to another player in the deadbox.... "You think XXXX knows that there last guy is in his mirror and he should move up the right side and bunker him" :D Oops...

skife
03-10-2005, 11:04 AM
i dont mind when ref's help the new players out, after all, they have to learn some how.
but i'm not a fan of people on the sideline's telling where other people are.

Barfly
03-10-2005, 03:13 PM
Dead people don't talk... shoot 'em again :shooting: :shooting:

Automagzrok
03-10-2005, 05:15 PM
Seriously man I understand where your're comin' from. Same kinda story for me I was playin' one time with my Tippmann 98 against another player he was sporting a BKO he was an *** he swore ,spit I eventually popped him in the neck 2-3 times on accident he got all up in my face all pissed and stuff he was banned for being such a jerk-off with little kids & newbs trying to have a good time. You just gotta deal with jerks sometimes either by ignoring 'em then wasting him! :shooting: :shooting: :shooting: