PDA

View Full Version : Running CO2 in cold weather (classic mag)

volrous
03-07-2005, 10:32 PM
In a couple of weeks I'll be playing a private scenario at my in-laws property in rural Illinois. It should be very fun, but they will not have the ability to fill any HPA systems. They will have more than enough CO2 for everyone though.

I'm wondering, will my classic automag with level 10 bolt, expansion chamber and remote hook up be able to handle 50* temps. give or take 7*?

Also, I can take my tank, 48/3000, and use that until it runs out (a couple of games MAYBE), but is it a bad idea to start on HPA and then switch to CO2 later on?

txaggie08
03-07-2005, 10:35 PM
put as many coils in the hosing as pssible. get them to go up abovethe pwerfeed. with the remote youlld be good i think. just take it easy

volrous
03-07-2005, 11:27 PM
put as many coils in the hosing as pssible. get them to go up abovethe pwerfeed. with the remote youlld be good i think. just take it easy
Probably won't get a chance to add any coils (i'm running one), but i've got a coilied remote line. Average temperature here is around 53* that time of the year, but it's been so long since I've run CO2 that I've completely forgotten what will and won't work well with a mag.

I'm guessing getting an anti-syphon tube put in a tank and mounting in on a bottom line wouldn't do any better, right?

txaggie08
03-07-2005, 11:58 PM
probably not. i ran a remote on mine in weather that cold once or twice. it ran pretty well

Outlaw5
03-08-2005, 01:04 PM
Volrous, I used to use a Classic minimag with all the trimmings you have and I never had any problem with CO2 (Liquid) getting in my mag valve in temperatures even colder than what you have described. Your set up should do fine. If you use the remainder of your constant air then just be sure to rechrono with the CO2 and you will be set. Also try to keep your CO2 at a constant temp in your car, don't put it under the heater in the car, but keep the CO2 bottles warm. Good luck and enjoy the day! ;)

volrous
03-08-2005, 04:03 PM
Volrous, I used to use a Classic minimag with all the trimmings you have and I never had any problem with CO2 (Liquid) getting in my mag valve in temperatures even colder than what you have described. Your set up should do fine. If you use the remainder of your constant air then just be sure to rechrono with the CO2 and you will be set. Also try to keep your CO2 at a constant temp in your car, don't put it under the heater in the car, but keep the CO2 bottles warm. Good luck and enjoy the day! ;)
Okay, sounds good. I'm hoping I can just rent a bottle there since they'll have gas and rental guns, but I might buy a tank and just not open it until I get there so I'll be able to return it if I don't need it.

Maggot6
03-08-2005, 05:24 PM
I say you just use their rentals :)..They are always fun to mess around with.

volrous
03-08-2005, 05:53 PM
I say you just use their rentals :)..They are always fun to mess around with.
Well, we may have a pump only game, that is if they have enough to rent to everyone. Game right now is about 50 solid people, maybe 10-15 more by then.

I've got a mag so I'm going to use it, and I'm going up against some 98-c's and electronic spyders. I don't want to lose to any of those.