PDA

View Full Version : xvalve holes

tha flynnrod
03-07-2005, 11:45 PM
I have an rt ule custom with ULT. Recently it started leaking out of the whole on thie side.

http://www.pbvidsupload.com/upload/leaks.jpg

not to be confused with the whole on the top

http://www.pbvidsupload.com/upload/xvalve---top-hole.jpg

does anybody know what causes this? It seems to start and stop while shooting.

ive read a few posts on here that mentioned this but i didnt get much out of them. i dont think i need to replace the orings since its practically brand new...i have examined them and they all seem to be ok.

Im wondering if maybe the lvl 10 is getting broke in and i need to change the carrieror something. There are no leaks down the barrel though. If there is a post i mssed somewhere or something please point me toward it. Thankyou

BlackVCG
03-08-2005, 12:44 AM
It's not an uncommon problem on new X-Valves. Those o-rings need to break in and if they don't have any oil or grease on them, they'll leak.

Put some grease like Dow 33 on the o-rings and they will seal up and the leak will be gone.

tha flynnrod
03-08-2005, 11:18 AM
On all of the orings or just the ones in the reg part?

j.storm
03-08-2005, 11:46 AM
I had this problem. I oiled the regulator valve pin orings. Just unscrew the valve and pull out the valve pin assembly and oil it liberally. Worked for me :D

drewrw
03-08-2005, 03:23 PM
I had this problem. I oiled the regulator valve pin orings. Just unscrew the valve and pull out the valve pin assembly and oil it liberally. Worked for me :D

We have tried that but still no luck. Flynn has oiled every o-ring in the gun with the leak still occuring. BlackVCG we will try some Dow33.

n8do99
03-09-2005, 04:15 PM
had the same prob, i ended up replaceing the oring on the brass piston in the reg, greased it up and works fine.

athomas
03-09-2005, 04:38 PM
Check the regulator valve pin o-rings (the two separated by the plastic spacer). There may be a piece of dirt caught in there.

tha flynnrod
03-09-2005, 07:09 PM
is the plastic spacer supossed to have a split in it? it looks like its split to me.

athomas
03-10-2005, 07:26 AM
Yes, it has a split.

FlynnRuss Productions
04-12-2005, 04:27 PM
Well, we tried the Dow33 with no luck. We think it is the regulator piston o-ring. Black what do you think?

athomas
04-12-2005, 05:44 PM
Did you replace the o-rings since oil and Dow33 didn't help? Usually leaks are due to a bad seal. Lubrication can help, but if it doesn't then the problem is usually a bad sealing surface. Most often it is the o-rings that are bad.

FlynnRuss Productions
04-12-2005, 06:56 PM
does anyone know exacltly which orings cause this? the gun is brand new and started this after the first game i played. i know there is a break in period but im way past that -- the flynnrod

athomas
04-12-2005, 08:36 PM
The regulator valve pin o-rings (the two separated by the plastic spacer) are the ones that cause that leak I think. It could be just a bad o-ring. I've never had a leak there in 5 years of use.

tha flynnrod
04-13-2005, 08:35 PM
yea i ordered some orings for the valve pin and the regulator piston so hopefully its one of those. i have never took the valve pin apart...looks tricky...any sugesstions on how to do it