PDA

View Full Version : Misconceptions about Semi ROF

magman007
03-08-2005, 01:08 AM
Ok, i know we have talked about it before, but for some reason, its becomming more and more rampant here on ao, and its quite annoying.

Honestly, none of you people, or the people at your fields, can honestly achieve over 16bps on any marker setup legally. It isnt going to happen.

Personally, i can pull 14, ice checked it on multiple red chronos, and through sound evaluation. i think thats pretty damn good if i may say so my self.

Im getting really tired of... player x at my field with an electro is shooting 20 kajillion bps at me, and i cant handle the heat.

honestly, get a grip on BPS reality

-=Squid=-
03-08-2005, 01:16 AM
This post being just as bad.

Enemy
03-08-2005, 01:30 AM
yeah it is because almost all the guns i see dont function without some bounce!! but the fastest ive gotten up to is 16 but thats questionable i admit it!

txaggie08
03-08-2005, 01:33 AM
hmmmm....well since ive seen mags shooting over 17........and personaly can out pull a non ramping board capped at 15........ yes i would say a legaly set up trigger could shoot well in excess of fourteen.

i mean crap i can tap out nineteen on a MOUSE(wich has no return.....) on the dumb ego thing. im tempted to hook up a trigger switch to an old mouse and see what happens

Conversekidz
03-08-2005, 01:36 AM
Watch the videos of the freestyle...there are some quick fingers out there and I don't know of any bounce setting.

White_Noise
03-08-2005, 01:42 AM
Ok, i know we have talked about it before, but for some reason, its becomming more and more rampant here on ao, and its quite annoying.

Honestly, none of you people, or the people at your fields, can honestly achieve over 16bps on any marker setup legally. It isnt going to happen.

Personally, i can pull 14, ice checked it on multiple red chronos, and through sound evaluation. i think thats pretty damn good if i may say so my self.

Im getting really tired of... player x at my field with an electro is shooting 20 kajillion bps at me, and i cant handle the heat.

honestly, get a grip on BPS reality

to say nobody is kinda broad, however most cant. i do know a few people that can shoot between 16-18 bps legally if the marker is setup how they want it. personally, i think ive hit 16 only a few times on my emag, which is the only marker ive fired that i can say i didnt get bounce from(trigger rod removed) i can shoot about just as fast on dm4's but i can feel a slight bounce in the trigger.

nastymag
03-08-2005, 02:47 AM
i can shoot around 15-17 with moderate bounce on my Eblade.

on my A4 which had the nicest trigger feel and bounce VERY little ...if at all , i could get 13-14 ...never more without turning down the debounce settings.

yeah i do think people can shoot over 16 legeally ...but they are the very small minority.
these days, most guns you shoot will have some sort of bounce to them or ramp, so people arguing how fast they can pull a trigger is almost stupid because no one does it legeally.

Lurker27
03-08-2005, 11:04 AM
This post is just as much information. I have presonally seen a gun with NO BOUNCE (I checked it myself to the tune of about 200rounds, flicks, slow pulls and ripping.

My teammatte has the fastest fingers I've ever seen.

He hits 18 with regularity, and I have analyzed a clip that has 10 shots in half a second.

I sound analyze with goldwave, and he's reproduced the results to a good approximation on a few markers (03 shocker, NYX matrix, 2k2 timmy)

It wasn't bounce, just asian fingers.

White_Noise
03-08-2005, 11:11 AM
This post is just as much information. I have presonally seen a gun with NO BOUNCE (I checked it myself to the tune of about 200rounds, flicks, slow pulls and ripping.

My teammatte has the fastest fingers I've ever seen.

He hits 18 with regularity, and I have analyzed a clip that has 10 shots in half a second.

I sound analyze with goldwave, and he's reproduced the results to a good approximation on a few markers (03 shocker, NYX matrix, 2k2 timmy)

It wasn't bounce, just asian fingers.

lol, love the asian fingers comment...

ive found my asian friends/ and friends who play drums are the fastest. with people who play guitar or other string instruments right behind them

LeatherPants
03-08-2005, 12:39 PM
:headbang: Woo Hoo I can hit it. AND I'M ASIAN!. I don't get it. Does that mean it's in my genetic code to have fast fingers? Nice. But back on topic. There was a video for awhile. I know Blazestorm no longer hosts it. But I hit 17-18 on 4 different markers.

I know many people who can achieve that legally. Mostly old school Nintendo players. ahah.

BD_Paintball
03-08-2005, 12:57 PM
Mostly old school Nintendo players. ahah.

ahhh the good old days. and i have seen people shoot faster then 16. one played guitar and the other just has very fast fingers. i think you can pull faster then 16 on a legal marker if you have the gun set up how you like it.

LeatherPants
03-08-2005, 12:58 PM
I have just one thing that will close this argument forever.

NINTENDO Track & Field. ababababababababababababababababa

magman007
03-08-2005, 01:11 PM
:headbang: Woo Hoo I can hit it. AND I'M ASIAN!. I don't get it. Does that mean it's in my genetic code to have fast fingers? Nice. But back on topic. There was a video for awhile. I know Blazestorm no longer hosts it. But I hit 17-18 on 4 different markers.

I know many people who can achieve that legally. Mostly old school Nintendo players. ahah.

i remember that leatherpants, and it was impressive (almost as much as your old rx7 was) but honestly, you are one in a million. i remember back in 2000, that the fastest around was 13bps. now i dont know if people just started training their fingers or what, but the fact that people can "easily obtain" ober16bps is pretty absurd (except for in your case)

btw, you are on in nintento track and field..

Chronobreak
03-08-2005, 01:32 PM
hmmm

ive been shooting mags since...well a LONG time.

i could legaly pull my classic rt at about 14-15(22 rapidfire)

and my new x-valve at around 11-13(17 rapidfire)

ive shot electros and i rarely hit over 14 on them

i would say most people dont go over 15 without superhuman fingers or some type of bounce/rebound/ramp system.

people arent getting faster...their guns chips are :sleeping:

fred1
03-08-2005, 01:37 PM
i mean crap i can tap out nineteen on a MOUSE(wich has no return.....) on the dumb ego thing. im tempted to hook up a trigger switch to an old mouse and see what happens

hold the spacebar down when you play that.....my friend told me about it and i got 25 BPS

ok back on topic, i think it is very posible for a legaly set up marker to hit over 20 BPS.

LeatherPants
03-08-2005, 01:39 PM
I'm just adding more fuel but is it possible that in the last 5 years with the "smoother" triggers, lighter microswitches etc might help people hit a higher ROF?

Also lots of these kids are starting at a younger age than the majority of us did. Could they just be developing faster finger? Damn lil freaks. :cuss:

I think people are getting faster. In 2000 it wasn't so much about volume of paint thrown like it is now.

Blazestorm
03-08-2005, 01:50 PM
I've been told I have robot fingers, my next video of my Ego should show this :D

Thordic
03-08-2005, 01:51 PM
Mostly old school Nintendo players. ahah.

Nintendo and Genesis are what I attribute any speed on the trigger I have. They trained my fingers during my formative years :)

Jeffy-CanCon
03-08-2005, 02:45 PM
I know one, maybe two players that could hit 15bps pre-electro. I think that with the new technology they are up to the 22bps range. I agree that few people can hit 12-15bps without some sort of help. One industry person told me that some of the guns are programmed to read a higher bps than they actually shoot, to boost the players ego, and make the gun look better. If that's true, I'm guessing that is how so many people are able to "achieve" the high ROF.

I can personally hit a blistering 6bps, and that's always been enough. :)

CrawforDry
03-08-2005, 05:36 PM
Yeah its just as bad as the outrageous claims that companys make on how fast their marker can shoot. Kids on pbnation claim their angels will do 60 bps... No seriously thats the stupidest remark anyone could ever make. Their claim to fame is a video where a laptop is anaylzing a full auto dry fire of a predator baord angel. In the middle of the video it flashes 38.5 for a blurr, by the end it says something like 17, but oh no all angels can do 38.5 bps! :rolleyes:

LCD's lieing about how fast their guns are is half true I think. I heard they count the time between the two quickest shots and then get a bps reading from that. Congrats you can sustain your 20bps for two shots, it means something! :tard:

Maggot6
03-08-2005, 05:49 PM
How do the big reg chronies tell you your bps, just by shooting and after a while it'll tell you?As well, are the bps coutners on emags reliable?

JaredMeier
03-08-2005, 06:00 PM
Im happy being able to shoot about 10 bps. with me old shocker i could attain about 12 when i set it at 12bps. i had docs rip kit on it and I have not felt a better feeling trigger since. but i only ran it at 10 bps to prevent shootdown. bah! :dance:

BD_Paintball
03-08-2005, 06:13 PM
How do the big reg chronies tell you your bps, just by shooting and after a while it'll tell you?As well, are the bps coutners on emags reliable?

once you get bast like 3bps on the big red ones it will start to "read" bps. they are one of the worst ways to get bps so dont use them.

shatter_storm
03-08-2005, 06:35 PM
I straight up don't believe anyone when they say how fast they can shoot. "They" say it sounds like 20bps, "they" say their board says it's 18bps, "they" say a big red told them it was 23bps, and on and on.

"I" say do it in front of a mic. As a ref I've walked around doing recordings of some players firing on-field. I use my little mp3 player with a built in mic, makes pretty good recordings of the sound of fire. I can honestly say I have *NEVER* heard nor seen anyone break 15 bps without putting a whole ton of bounce into their trigger. I challenge people to rip on their marker with paint while I record it, nobody steps up - they don't want to be wrong.
Most people at my local field can do 11-13 consistantly, and that's it. There's a couple guys (mostly younger kids) that can pull 14-15 on their markers, but they can't keep it going for more than a second or two.

FSU_Paintball
03-08-2005, 06:44 PM
I can hit a steady 14-15

I've got a teammate who is SUBSTANTIALLY faster than me. You would never believe he's that fast, especially legally, but he is. He plays concert classical guitar exceedingly well, so I'm sure that's got something to do with it.

DGBaller
03-08-2005, 06:52 PM
what is the site with the trigger game?

68magOwner
03-08-2005, 06:53 PM
its not about what a persona can do legally anymore, its what they can do and get by a ref. Honestly, my viking has a breaking point, if you had it to a regular guy, they will shoot it, it will be perfectly legal, and farily quick, but, if I or another unusally quick shooter can manage to get it up to 16+ bps, the thing takes off, making a fast shooter a rediculiously fast shooter. So far only I and 2 other people who have shot it have got my viking to take off like that. Bottom line, my marker will do ~20bps and get by any ref i come along, so, there you go.

penguinpunk555
03-08-2005, 07:25 PM
I wanna shoot you. :shooting:

68magOwner
03-08-2005, 10:11 PM
I've been told I have robot fingers, :D

I have been told I have "jesus fingers", i believe you just got "served" :confused: :p

Blazestorm
03-08-2005, 10:15 PM
Robot = fast
Jesus = Dead = Not fast.

I win... you got served "Suckah"

ben-afficial
03-09-2005, 01:43 PM
does any one have any idea how a intelle-frame works??? :dance:

Steelrat
03-09-2005, 01:53 PM
Here is a good basis for comparison. An MP5 submachinegune shoots at 900 round/min on full auto, or 15 rounds/second. A few people can pull faster than that on semi, but not many, and not NEARLY as many as claim to do it.

BTW, Leatherpants is one that can definately do it. Fast as crap, that man...

68magOwner
03-09-2005, 02:41 PM
Robot = fast
Jesus = Dead = Not fast.

I win... you got served "Suckah"

"he is alive, he is alive indeed" :cool:

White_Noise
03-09-2005, 03:54 PM
"he is alive, he is alive indeed" :cool:

you guys should probably stop there with that argument so that the thread dont get closed.

shh....i think i hear a moderator coming ;)

ben-afficial: dont know what you mean exactly, but it functions exactly like any mechanical 2 finger triggerframe for a mag, and it has a spot to mount a microswitch to power a hopper.

Cowboy97
03-09-2005, 03:56 PM
On my old mag, the most i could cap at was about 14bps. A guy named Marcus could cook at 17-18bps and maintain for a 6-8 seconds. Nice for cover fire, but it sucked being on the receiving end of that.

Its normal to push the envelope of what technology can do. Its how society at large advances. But why the frog would you need more than 16bps?