PDA

View Full Version : Who can do an anno like this?

vaypourus
03-08-2005, 01:53 AM
I was lucky enough to find a tribal addicted a few months ago, and will be getting the gun very soon. The gun has some cosmetic damage, but being that it was 1 of 100 produced, and one of about 20 known to still exsist, I had to grab it.

I will need to have the gun annodized, and I would like something done like in the picture below, only in green instread of blue.

Does anybody know who can do annodizing like this, while keeping the price tag at a reasonable level? I was quoted "around $400 for the gun" and I am guessing thats not including the barrel, reg parts, and LPR parts. That seems a bit high for me.

Any help would be appreciated-

oh....in the picture, the pattern is actually the milling on the gun. The addicted has a similar design.

LudavicoSoldier
03-08-2005, 08:14 AM
www.maxanodizing.com

They just had a fire at their place though, so who knows when they will be back up and running.

vaypourus
03-08-2005, 10:26 AM
I've been looking at MAX's website, and I have my doubts. There isn't anything in thier gallery remotely close to that-

They seem a bit pricey too....a 3 color fade is $250 for 9 pieces. The way I count it, I will have at least 15, maybe 17 parts that I need to have done. So, for just the 3 color fade, I am looking at $330. I am sure the custom price would be closer to $400.

Creative Mayhem
03-08-2005, 10:45 AM
Each color you add to the gun increases the price. That pirce you got from max is pretty much standard. Unless you know the guy or he is new, you aren't gonna get a uber sweet price.

Thordic
03-08-2005, 10:48 AM
Anno is expensive, re-annoing a gun is always going to be pricy, and a special custom anno like you are looking for is going to be even more pricy.

ben-afficial
03-08-2005, 10:51 AM
i dontknow a thing about anodizing especially the price...but that looks wicked :headbang: :shooting: :headbang:

vaypourus
03-08-2005, 11:51 AM
The price I got from Max was simply by calculating what I needed, and what parts I had. I am not sure that they can even do the job, and they are not taking work now becuase of the fire. I won't be ready for a while, but who knows how long the fire will set them back.

I was told the above anno job was done for about $325-

zeroack
03-08-2005, 11:57 AM
Just a little side note I always stick in because Maxx messed me around so bad....

Maxx took over a year to get the anno right on my mag. They messed up the first anno by not stripping the parts correctly, then didn't anno some parts right, and then over and under polished other parts. Then they billed the airsmith twice the quoted price. Twelve months later...I got my mag in acceptable condition.

Zero

Muzikman
03-08-2005, 11:59 AM
Anno is expensive as other have said, so you get what you pay for. For years now I have been impressed with PK Selectives anno jobs. Give them a look.

peewee
03-08-2005, 12:00 PM
check pbn & pbreview under anno look for a guy running under the name crazy ivan. Local guy up here in spokane getts some of the best anno jobs in the industry done. I'll try & find a link.

vaypourus
03-08-2005, 12:13 PM
zeroack-

You aren't the first person that has told me about problems with max. I wasn't going to mention anything about what I had heard, but I was hoping for some more feedback about them.

Thanks for the names peewee and muzikman. I will look into them-

peewee
03-08-2005, 12:40 PM
I have had my hands on a couple of these markers & they are insane quality. The bonebrake angel is up for sale here local. If interested PM me.

http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66731

rpm07
03-08-2005, 04:18 PM
I would give A+ a call I think they do the best work

ojhspyro89
03-08-2005, 05:39 PM
Whao what kind of gun is that? Its crazy im taking guess an impulse cause of the lpr but im prolly wrong. The feedtube looks a lil familiar too.

vaypourus
03-08-2005, 06:51 PM
Its a tribal fluster.

Bartman
03-08-2005, 07:18 PM
I have had a several featherlite excals done at Max and have had no problems there colors are nice and there customer services as far as I can tell is top notch .

Bart

tony3
03-08-2005, 07:21 PM
I've heard nothing but good about www.pbcustomz.com They also have very good prices.

vaypourus
03-08-2005, 07:29 PM
I get a bit scared when a website misspells "apon request".

StuDawggie
03-08-2005, 07:46 PM
THere's a place outside of Detroit, named P&P paintball the does some really sweet anno and custom work. The website is www.pandppaintball.com
They tend to be a little pricey, but it's well worth the work that they do. You can also get a general pricing idea from the the website as well.

vaypourus
03-08-2005, 09:35 PM
Just got in touch with CrazyIvan...he said $400-$600, depending on how many pieces, and if he could even do the gun at all. He said he didn't like doing "masking" because of the complexity of it.

P&K Slectives is out of the question....

I will check out P&P. Thanks for the link-