PDA

View Full Version : Tac one Vs. Custom mini mag

Swampthing777
03-08-2005, 01:16 PM
Ok couple of questions...
I really want a Tac one...only for the x-valve,ult,and lvl-10

However, the double trigger does not matter to me too much. Plus I don't really care about the accessory rails.

I have always liked the way the mini mag looks and it seems that they can be found pretty cheaply.

My question to you guys is this.

Which would be more expensive?

Brand new Tac One (425-450)

or

Mini Mag + Lvl 10,ULT and possibly x-valve

Also...do the ULT and x-valve valve even fit the Mini Mag?

I have looked around and found used minimags anywher from $100-280 (including lvl 10 and hoppper w/tank)

Frankly...I don't usually lay huge strings of paint out...usually my fire is more modest.
Of course its always good to have the option ...thats why I am investigating the mini mag upgrade feasability.

Another important factor is ease of installation. I have taken apart several paintguns and even gotten a few back together. However, I am not set up to do any milling and anyway that would get too pricey...thus making the whole idea pointless.

So lay it on me guys...what do you think?

Spring for the TAC ONE?

Or
Customize the Minimag (Keep in mind I actually like the looks of the min...but I like the function of the Tac) Thus the whole...,"It a matter of personal preference line is kind of out of place in this thread...I know its about personal preference...

I would like to know if anyone has actually done this type of mod to the Mini...or if you've used it...and if so what you thought of it.and how much ish...that it cost

thanks

Swampthing
;)

Chronobreak
03-08-2005, 01:19 PM
it would probly be about the same amt of $ to up the mini or just buy a tac one new..

so thats upto you. also remember you get a tank possibly and some other stuff with the used gun.

if you like the minimag looks more and dont mind the twist lock barrels i say go for that
sell the lvlX and trade the valve in towards an x-valve and your set.

Swampthing777
03-08-2005, 01:35 PM
Ok...so the x-valve is $225 if you trade in your old valve.

other than that...the ult is all that is necessary...
or
I could just go with the level 10 and the ult. that would add up to about $150...

Do u guys know the approx level of difficulty when installing the ULT? and the levl 10?

I have never worked on a mag before ... but I am very familiar with most spyder based guns as well as cockers.

Aside from high rates of fire...does the x-valve assembly improve consistency?

And will the ULT fit in the Mini?
Thanks

Swampthing

Chronobreak
03-08-2005, 01:41 PM
x-valve comes wiht lvlX so you could sell taht for $50 or so if you wanted...making the x-valve 175~

ult and lvlX arenot difficult. all you have to do is read the manual or post here if you have any questions.

ult will fit in the mini valve BUT it isnt recomended in classic valves

i personaly dont like the ult trigger..

some people do some dont..

the x-valve and classic valve are both very consitent but the rt holds the consitency better at higher rof.

btw i think your the only person here ive seen that spaces your post like me :p

Swampthing777
03-08-2005, 01:46 PM
what don't you like about the ULT?

I am just curious?

Doesn't it reduce the trigger pull?

Chronobreak
03-08-2005, 05:05 PM
makes the pull lighter...but less reactive

i like the more reactivity and il deal with the heavier trigger..its not a big deal

not like you can walk a ult anyways ;)

ben-afficial
03-09-2005, 11:41 AM
the ult really doesnt realy make a big difference....i can run my minimag about 16bps...but i can run my friends ult ona rtpro about 16-18...its really just how much money you feel like puting into your gun. :dance:

warbeak2099
03-09-2005, 01:53 PM
You can walk a ULT. People have posted vids of it before. I can do it as well, just not for long strings. I can only walk it for about 5-6 shots. You really need a high output tank to do it. My 850psi preset isn't enough for long strings.

peewee
03-09-2005, 02:55 PM
The tac one is a great value as is the ULE. I went for a Ule & donr regret it a bit. Getting a new marker is sweet.