PDA

View Full Version : Holly Heck in a hand Basket! Dyes New gear is hot! But is it trustable?

magman007
11-17-2001, 10:19 PM
Dye has got beautiful new gear out now but is it trustable? Autococker parts from dye? To trust or not to trust. That is the question.
A 3 way form dye? Hmmmmmmmm...That i wouldnt trust. not until it has proven its self. A New swing triger for the Autococker? Yep, thats just dye keeping up with the fad. But Wait theres more! A single swing trigger! this must have been one of the most inventive things dye has ever done for a single trigger cocker enthusiast.

Dye invision? Gotta say guys there pretty nifty rito! There riding up there with the Proteus in my book. New jerseys already? I got the newest model in august and it is already out dated! Grrrrr......

Sniff, sniff hmmm what is that smell? Bad product going down the drain? Oh it must have been dyes new sight! a complete coppy off of armson's pro dot sight. But tell me this, who actually uses a sight any more? Havnt we all decided that accuracy by volume is the answer? Does Dave Youngblood think he can change this?

BLAHHHH what is that noise? that is me puking after i saw the new dye autococker. Nut the most beautiful thing on the face of the earth, but im sure it means well!
dye stock class guns? Pretty tight if you ask me but prolly more then their angel as they are Carter Buzzards.

New signature! Dye seems to be phasing the old cross hairs out in turn for a little swoosh thingie. If you look at the back of the autococker you will see what i mean. It is also on the boomy.

oh well to check the rest out go to www.dyeprecision.com

rpm07
11-17-2001, 10:34 PM
I would trust DYE, Dave has 1 of the best working for him.
His name is Arron Carter, he pretty must started the whole trend of miliing and anodizing guns. Carter had his own shop and Dave worked for him now Carter works for dave. I had a vm-68 custom done by Carter and let me tell you it was 1 of the nicest guns i shot. He made his own valve and ballel and did milling and anodizing on it for a vm-68 it shot better then any cocker in the field.

zvanut
11-18-2001, 12:01 AM
all i can say is my sponsor is gonna be putting out a rather large order soon

MagMan5446
11-18-2001, 12:04 AM
Holly Heck?

Why wouldn't you be able to trust it. They've been reliable for years with all of their other stuff.

RobAGD
11-18-2001, 01:17 AM
Well if Arron actually hand made the cockers it would be one thing. But He does teh Proto's and them they get mass produced and they get no Carter loving.

The buzzard are hand made and they cost over $500 last time I priced them.

The New Dye Elbow Skins are very nice and have held up 3 hard days of play so far...

The Izon Site is nice. I got one. I cant use it but I got one :)

It going to be on its way to Houston to Brad when I can find it :)

Teh Swing trigger - I havent shot one yet so I cant comment on teh effect of the change in the swing geometry.

Though while at teh shop I pulled off teh Eclipse Swing triggers Trigger shoe and was shooting the "stub" trigger faster than the other goofballs shooting the full swing.

I think the single swing will be a hit.

-Robert

magman007
11-18-2001, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by RobAGD

The Izon Site is nice. I got one. I cant use it but I got one :)
-Robert

good one rob, but how much did a sight that you cant even use cost you?

SuperOrangeTicTac
11-18-2001, 01:32 PM
i like the look of the dye cockers. I still want a KAPP flame cocker tho :D

magman007
11-18-2001, 06:43 PM
yea th flame cockers are sweet, to bad ally our paying fr is the boomer and the milling

mac2k4
11-18-2001, 09:55 PM
the dye cocker really is nice, a real small back block and light weight bolt, a really smooth 3-way, the dye swing trigger imo is the smoothest hindge frame. And i like the dye angels, they look real smooth. And there new jerseys and pants look tight, shock used'em at this years cup.

thei3ug
11-18-2001, 10:23 PM
the new dye sight is MADE by armson. so don't get too upset about it being a ripoff. it's the only decent paintball sight out there IMO.

JanStah
11-19-2001, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by magman007
BLAHHHH what is that noise? that is me puking after i saw the new dye autococker. Nut the most beautiful thing on the face of the earth, but im sure it means well!

???

I think the Dye Cocker looks gorgeous! The milling style is right up there with the Eclipses, Evos and SFLs!!! Performance-wise I cant comment, but I sure do love that milling!

I cant believe you think it's ugly!

Cheers

Jan.

magman007
11-19-2001, 11:20 AM
what really made me up set was the back, i like the cocking block, but thet u shaped thing in the back is just to deep, also around the feed tube it looks horrible. As for the best designed cocker out there, it would have to be the flame cocker

Panzerr
11-19-2001, 10:43 PM
If only they would do a Dye E-Mag.....

magman007
11-19-2001, 11:08 PM
yea, i know what you meen. but they decided to do friggen stock guns before an e-mag so...

FooTemps
11-19-2001, 11:24 PM
The invision is pretty tight. I'm guessin it'll ride up in the 80+ range...

DiRTyBuNNy
11-19-2001, 11:33 PM
what you guys don't realize about the Izon site is that unlike the Armson..it doesn't use batteries or any power source..that's the real trick to it..and as far as the Invision goggles, i like about 15 minutes from Dye..and i'm gonna have to stop by and pick a set up...(I'm a lucky b*stard...Dave Y. shops at my work (office depot))...

magman007
11-20-2001, 12:29 AM
UMMMMM the armson doesnt use a battery, it is the exact same thing. The armson is that sight! er what that sight ripped off.Go look it is called the armson pro dot sight. No electrical current involved

FooTemps
11-20-2001, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
what you guys don't realize about the Izon site is that unlike the Armson..it doesn't use batteries or any power source..that's the real trick to it..and as far as the Invision goggles, i like about 15 minutes from Dye..and i'm gonna have to stop by and pick a set up...(I'm a lucky b*stard...Dave Y. shops at my work (office depot))...

WEll, let me know how you like them and maybe you can pick up a mask for me too!!!:D

Ninja B0Y
11-20-2001, 02:33 AM
what's "trustable"? wasn't aware that was even a word..

Marty Bush and a few of the older SC Ironmen use sights. In fact he was probably the one to get Dave to start manufacturing them. They maybe keeping up with the "fad" but you do realize they're a "company" that has to make a "profit" right?