PDA

View Full Version : Different leagues?

ApexAZ
03-08-2005, 03:30 PM
Would anyone mind posting a list of all the different leagues out there?

I'm kind of confused about which is which. I know there's NPPL but there's more like xball and psp (or are those the same?) and stuff. Sorry for such a newbie question but I'm a bit confused about them all. I was reading PBN and the different rules regarding ramping, cheating, etc and it's hard for me to distinguish between the different leagues. Not to mention I felt my IQ drop by about 5 points.

Lohman446
03-08-2005, 04:37 PM
I'll do the very base, but I do not know most of them by any means. RabidChihahau (sp) would likely be more up to date on the current list.

What I know
NPPL
PSP - this includes X-ball
Millenium - I beleive this is mostly in Europe

There are various others, some better, some worse, but these are the most prevasive it seems.

Josh2Xtremes
03-08-2005, 04:37 PM
Leagues...leagues...yeah we have a few of those. Let's see what we have in stock...

National 7-Man competition
NPPL (National Professional Paintball League) website: www.nppl.tv
Professional, Semi-Pro, multi-divisional seven-man play

National Professional X-Ball competition
NXL (National X-Ball League) website: www.nxlonline.com
Professional X-Ball franchise play hosted by PSP events

National 5-Man and Divisional X-Ball competition
PSP (Paintball Sports Promotions) website: www.pspevents.com
Open, multi-divisional X-Ball and five-man play
15.4 ball per second rate of fire cap, ramping, etc legal

World's Largest 5-Man Tournament Series (but then I'm biased)
CFOA by National Paintball (Carolina Field Owners Association) website: www.thecfoa.com
Amateur, novice and rookie five-man competition in NC, SC, GA and TN
15 ball per second rate of fire cap, ramping, etc illegal

West Coast Regional 7-man, 3-man etc...
Proto XPSL (formerly known as Pan Am, Great Western, etc...) website: www.xpsl.com

There are plenty more local and regional tournament series like the NEPL in the Northeast, the GPL also in the northeast, Pev's Tournament Series, the Cousins Tournament Series, the SIPPL, the FPS Series in the Pacific Northwest. A great resource for this type of information would be www.paintballtourney.com There are also some great stand-alone events out there like the Diablo Ultimate Madness 5 at www.theultimatemadness.com, which is a 3-man event, and the IAPTE. Hope this helped!
Josh
www.joshuasilverman.com

ApexAZ
03-08-2005, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the info :)

NukeGoose
03-08-2005, 05:45 PM
Ramping is legal in CFOA, even though the rules don't explicitly say it.

VFX_Fenix
03-08-2005, 06:04 PM
There's also the NCCS (Northern California Championship Series) which is a local feeder serries for the NPPL.

havoc531
03-08-2005, 06:35 PM
NLPL in the midwest