PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get my Mag working after its been sitting a while... lotta questions

SadbutTrue
03-08-2005, 03:51 PM
I have an Automag RT. I got it for free from a friend like 3 or 4 years ago, back then it was a sweet as hell gun, but it had some minor problems so i always ended up using my spyder compact. Well, I want to try it again. I was told I needed to replace the nubbin on the barrel. I just got a set of plastic nubbins off the automag site. Am I going to need anything else, o rings or anything? Also, is there anything tough to putting these thigns together? Does any place offer a cleaning kit so that I can take it apart, clean it, and put it back together?

Also, my sight rail seems like its slipping... it won't stay put where its supposed to be. Is it just warped from sitting funny for too long or does something need to be tightened/glued in?

Finally... how do these Automag RTs compare to more recent guns? My mag always felt pretty heavy (to the point where the spyder was preferred in some instances), but from what I've heard if it works right its pretty much a death cannon in paintball form.

nipplez
03-08-2005, 04:26 PM
what were the minor problems? since its been sitting around for a long time, i'd get a rebuild kit from agd and change out all the orings and reg seat. the kit is about 15 dollars i think. its real easy to do and if u have questions there is a blow up diagram of the valve on their site as well. hope that helps

SadbutTrue
03-08-2005, 06:48 PM
what were the minor problems? since its been sitting around for a long time, i'd get a rebuild kit from agd and change out all the orings and reg seat. the kit is about 15 dollars i think. its real easy to do and if u have questions there is a blow up diagram of the valve on their site as well. hope that helps

Well, it was chopping balls like mad and balls weren't leaving the barrel with much velocity. The nubbin seemed to be in the way so, not knowing what it was, I broke it off. Which did help the velocity issue but did not help the breakage issue.

nipplez
03-08-2005, 06:52 PM
the nubbin keeps the balls in place, setting it up to get fired. as for velocity, on the back of the valve there is a place for an allen wrench. turn that clockwise to increase velocity and vice versa. as for the chopping, were the balls you were using in good condition? it may help to get the foamie from agd also. that helps lessen the impact from the bolt. just superglue that on the end of the bolt. good luck! im sure you can do it. mags imo are the easiest to fix in the rare occasion they need to be.

SadbutTrue
03-08-2005, 08:25 PM
the nubbin keeps the balls in place, setting it up to get fired. as for velocity, on the back of the valve there is a place for an allen wrench. turn that clockwise to increase velocity and vice versa. as for the chopping, were the balls you were using in good condition? it may help to get the foamie from agd also. that helps lessen the impact from the bolt. just superglue that on the end of the bolt. good luck! im sure you can do it. mags imo are the easiest to fix in the rare occasion they need to be.

any specific superglue that you'd recommend? and could you link me to this "foamie"?

Thanks

nipplez
03-08-2005, 08:31 PM
i just use crazy glue. heres the foamie link
http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=441&categoryID=18