PDA

View Full Version : A valve question from the new guy

Mr.Danger
03-08-2005, 10:06 PM
Hey,
I'm new to the mag community. I was bidding on mags on ebay and through a twist of fate ended up with four of them, thee autos and a mini, but that's a whole other story. My questions are these: 1) Are the rt valve and x-valve the same valve with two different names or are they two seperate intities ? 2) Are either compatible with the Classic '68 auto or mini bodies (powerfeed or regular) ? and 3) If either are compatible, is there a good places to find one cheap or does anyone have one that they would like to sell ?
If the answer to these is posted elsewhere on the board, I pray that you will be patient and direct me to the correct thread. Otherwise, I thank you for your help and glad to enter a new phase in my paintball career.

Scott Hudnall
03-08-2005, 10:37 PM
The Xvalve, Emag Valve, 68 Automag Classic, "ReTro" valve and RT PRO valve are compatable with all mags....with the exception of what is called the classic RT. An actual "RT" valve is compatable only with the original RT due to the design.

Some of the laser engraving on the valves may make it a little confusing, so if you are unsure, then post a pic of the valve and we can help you identify it.

Please check out the classifieds buy/sell forum. You'll find everything you need there.

or better yet, go to the Airgun Designs website www.airgun.com check out the items, and purchase them there.

You could not have picked a better paintball gun to build. welcome to the family. :clap:

Mr.Danger
03-08-2005, 11:38 PM
Well. that clears up a few things. Thanks Scott. Now, can anyone explain to me the differences between the Xvalve, Emag Valve, "ReTro" valve and RT PRO valve ? Does each valve add some unique feature or are they simply upgraded versions of each other, or which one is simply the best to use to bring a mini up to its full potential ? BTW I already have the LVL 10 bolt so if anyone has just the valve that I'm looking for, let me know.
As always, thank you for your time and your help.

undescriptive
03-09-2005, 03:44 AM
the E-mag, ReTrO and the RT Pro are all the same valve (may have different on/off lengths)

and essentially the X-Valve is the same thing, just made out of Aluminium...

other than that they are all identical!

athomas
03-09-2005, 04:53 PM
Some of the earlier retro and emag valves used only one o-ring for the on-off top. The newer retro, emag and x valves use two o-rings for the on-off top. The two o-rings are preferred. They allow the use of the ULT.