PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to...

ICP
03-08-2005, 11:12 PM
Been rumaging around Tom's "Secret Lair" and found these bodies. Personally I like the looks of them(minus the long feedneck and sight rail). Wonder why they were never made? These were prototyped around march of 2002

http://www.automags.org/pic/img/proto/ule_pt1_3.jpg

Chronobreak
03-08-2005, 11:21 PM
there was a thread about it not too long ago..somone did the same thing u did :P

its just a proto body they decided not to use/make

it looks ok ig uess but coulda been better

ICP
03-08-2005, 11:26 PM
there was a thread about it not too long ago..somone did the same thing u did :P

its just a proto body they decided not to use/make

it looks ok ig uess but coulda been better

Oops :tard: Guess I should have done a search first, but what would I searched for :confused:

Anyway, I still like it, might have to look into making one. Does anyone know if it was a twist lock body, or the ule/cocker thread body?

Lohman446
03-08-2005, 11:37 PM
You know what, no detents on the left (ULE bodies had tehm on teh left) and the barrel looks "loose" in the body... :eek: - don't overthink that one. Anyways, I would guess it was twistlock

ICP
03-08-2005, 11:46 PM
You know what, no detents on the left (ULE bodies had tehm on teh left) and the barrel looks "loose" in the body... :eek: - don't overthink that one. Anyways, I would guess it was twistlock

Of course that all could be because it's a prototype made out of plastic and not meant to be shot. ;)

But a good observation none the less.

_tMAN
03-08-2005, 11:51 PM
Holy Teh Crapola! It's an Angel!

magman007
03-09-2005, 12:30 AM
that body was going to be made out of aluminum, and baisically used as the ule body, then tom realized that it wasnt cost effective, and went with the ULE body instead. so now that is what we have

Skywalker
03-09-2005, 12:31 AM
Not trying to hijack your thread, but I agree with you. I'm sure a bunch of people would have bought them. However, I'm a little more interested in these: http://www.automags.org/resource/tech/prototype/front_grip_2.shtml

Deathshadow9k
03-09-2005, 02:02 AM
yeah i was the one that found this thing about a month ago also