PDA

View Full Version : Should I sell my E-Cocker to get an ION?

OmniDynmc
03-09-2005, 03:25 AM
Thread title says it all, I'm considering doing this and would love to hear the opinions of folks in the group who have used both. The E-Blade cockers still seem to have a good resale value for the time being and I'm liking the concept of no external moving parts to screw up etc.

At the moment, I use my RT Pro mag more than I use the E-blade cocker due to it's weight.

Is it worth doing? Or yet another fad?

Greg

tyrion2323
03-09-2005, 03:42 AM
IF you can get a good price for the cocker, the Ion might be a good choice. I've heard some gripes about its trigger and a few other things, but I've never used one myself.

If the cocker's too heavy, an ION seems like a good choice.

txaggie08
03-09-2005, 06:49 AM
ive heard nothing bad about the ion, except the trigger and a few reg issues on some guns. its kinda up to you i guess. if weight is that much of an issue uy an ion or for 150$ more buy the devilmag frame

Lupis Fidelis
03-09-2005, 07:20 AM
Cockers are really nice; but if you don't use it; you might as well get an Ion that you will use.

Sk8ermog
03-09-2005, 07:31 AM
I played with both last week and the ION was a lot lighter and shoots a lot like a mag. I have 3 mags and an eblade. I love the eblade cause it's a half-block and really light, but the ION was even lighter and easier to shoot with either hand. If you find a good buying price for your Eblade then you should sell it and spend the extra cash on a good barrel and CP reg for the ION. The issue with the trigger is that you have to adjust it to your liking and let it break in a little. Give it a few weeks and someone will come out with a better trigger. They aren't going to be able to come out with new boards w/o replacing the whole noid and on/off switch cause it's all one unit. Oh and the Ion is easier to fix then a cocker, but a pain in the butt to take apart. Luckly you won't have to take it apart a lot cause it's built really solid. Like everyone is saying it's just like a mag in the way it shoots and feels. It will also totally keep up with your eblade in speed and the eyes work great.

I'm not selling my eblade any time soon, but I might sell a spare mag to pick up a spare Ion. That's my 2 cents.

p8ntball365
03-09-2005, 08:23 AM
better trigger you say hrmmm^^^

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=862983

p8ntball365
03-09-2005, 08:24 AM
or straight from the horses mouth: http://www.freewebs.com/bettertriggers/smartparts.htm

The Action Figure
03-09-2005, 08:32 AM
Ions>ecockers And those triggers look sweet, I shot an ion last week and it was a tad unconfortable <im used to my angel> but pretty fast

JimmyBeam
03-09-2005, 09:29 AM
Ion all the way. Im coming up on owning one for a month and have zero regrets about buying it.

White_Noise
03-09-2005, 09:42 AM
personally, for all the troubles its caused me, id still rather shoot my ecocker than the ion i tested. this trend of people selling their high end electros to downgrade to ions is amazing. everyone is willing to compromise the adjustability/tunability of some markers to go with an ion which no one has said they like the current configuration of.

BTW: the ion i tested was no stock out of the box ion, it was tuned to the max it could by a philly american tech. granted it was fast, and i could get it to walk after a few seconds of feeling out the trigger, its much easier to get my ecocker up to and past those speeds. and cconsidering that my entire day isnt spent playing video games, and my bones arent like toothpicks, weight isnt an issue. ;)

jamescell
03-09-2005, 10:53 AM
. and cconsidering that my entire day isnt spent playing video games, and my bones arent like toothpicks, weight isnt an issue. ;)

LOL :rofl:

68magOwner
03-09-2005, 02:45 PM
i find cockers light, well, i think my viking is light too, so, mabey im just a hulk

anyway, my lil bro shoots an ion, and i like it tons better than my teammates old nexus kitted E-orracle, the ion is ALOT like a shocker in terms of feel/performance (althought shocker owners will swear that their marker is much nicer) preety easy to take care of, best bang for the buck in years. Once you take the magnet out of the stock trigger (easy) the trigger is very quick/nice feeling.

long story short- do it

Slimm Jimm
03-09-2005, 03:49 PM
i shot one this last week and loved it. but for the price i think it would be just as easy to keep my 'cocker around and save up for an ion. the guys that runs the field in Billings said that it almost made more sense to buy 4 ions and have them in a rack in case one stops working than to buy one shocker.

i would save up for one and keep the ecocker, but thats me, and i'm turning into a gun-whore.

VFX_Fenix
03-09-2005, 04:26 PM
The issue I have with the Ion is the trigger is hung in a spot very different from every other gun I've ever shot and liked. Most of my guns that I like have the face of the trigger in the same plane as the pivot point, in the case of the Ion the pivot is placed well behind the face of the trigger. This gives the trigger a strange feeling that I'm not really sure I like and it's faster for me to fan the trigger rather than try to walk it if I want to shoot fast.

Look at the pivot on an Angel, Inteliframe, AC Hinge frame, Automag, Matrix, Intimidator and then look at the Ion's trigger plate and you'll see what I'm getting at. Anyway... I'd change the trigger... and look into changing the HPR, of course, it could just be that it needs to be broken in, but the recharge rate on the thing is kinda scarey.

Recommendation if you're looking to buy one of these is to just buy one and decide if you like it (assuming you can afford it) then decide which one you'd like to sell.

I am an Ion owner, and I'm still out on if I like the thing or not. For the price, its tough ot beat, but it needs some work, no doubt.

Sk8ermog
03-09-2005, 05:34 PM
I just finished writing a little review and posting some pictures that might help you get a better idea of what the ION is all about.

ION Pictures and Review (http://www.phpbbserver.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=44&mforum=rush)

Magz_rule
03-09-2005, 05:37 PM
Link doesnt work sk8. :)

Sk8ermog
03-09-2005, 06:02 PM
doh! fixed it :cool:

punkncat
03-09-2005, 06:11 PM
Dunno if I could ever say that an Ion is better than an Eblade. Better than some eblades? Maybe. Definately not better that all. Its like comparing apples to oranges.

Snap Shooter
03-09-2005, 08:09 PM
The ion is a nice marker, light, quick-enough... and although I do not own one, my teammate who shoots a classic timmy has an ion also and the limited times we have practiced with it... the ion has not needed anything except minor chrono adjustments.
My WGP '03 E-blade is a little heavy, quick-enough... and requires minor tuning at times...
Perhaps because I am used to the cocker, and that beat up classic timmy of my backman... I can't imagine choosing an ion over either. SP will never have standards and quality like WGP (pre 04)...
Keep the E-blade AND get an ion.

OmniDynmc
03-11-2005, 07:13 PM
Alright I caved and ordered one. I'll try it out in a week or so. If ya'll want I'll write up my experience with it...

Greg