PDA

View Full Version : spyder "burps" help me !!!!!

Soopa Villain17
03-09-2005, 05:38 PM
my girlfriends spyder rodeo is broke, i took it all apart and put it back together , no leaks everything is lubed and fine , but when i cock it and shoot it shoots only once , but it burps , i dont know what is worng with it , can sum1 please help me?

teufelhunden
03-09-2005, 05:39 PM
Tank full? Sounds like low pressure. If it is, turn up the inline.

Magz_rule
03-09-2005, 05:40 PM
Make sure there isnt to MUCH oil on the bolt. Its happened to me before. Take all the internals out, wipe them off, and oil them lightly.

AnArchist_1944
03-09-2005, 05:50 PM
take it apart again and make sure you dident put the thick black o-ring in front of the hammer that big thick black o-ring goes BEHIND the hammer.

Soopa Villain17
03-09-2005, 08:03 PM
just had the tank filled yesterday only shot 50 shots out of it since , its a 20oz , i did what u guys said it helped a lil but still burps but does catch and shoot fine 1 time

teufelhunden
03-09-2005, 08:18 PM
Turn up the reg?

Is the sear worn?

Did it work before? I had a Spyder once with a hammer that was milled incorrectly and wouldn't reliably catch the sear.

peewee
03-09-2005, 08:42 PM
Its very common to have a bad oring on the hammer/striker causing it to not recock. do you know how fast your shooting? Having to stiff of back spring versus light valve spring can effect it also. Check out the orings first 75% of the time it the problem.

ICP
03-09-2005, 09:25 PM
I would say replace the striker/hammer oring first. And are you shooting with paint? Some spyders and clones need that little bit of extra back pressure to help recock. I've had this problem on a few different spyders/clones.

Mr. Mouse
03-09-2005, 10:42 PM
all the orings might look fine but there might be a crack in the middle of one or anything and that can cause air leakage or anything, trust me i have a shocker and yes its happened to me since theres soooo many orings

Automaggin2
03-10-2005, 12:45 AM
Cup Seal......guarenteed

AnArchist_1944
03-10-2005, 01:13 AM
no if it was the cup seal it would be pissing air down the barrel but the valve/cup seal assy could be in backwards or make sure your bolt is not in upside down make sure the hole in the bolt that the air travels thru is facing down.

nippinout
03-10-2005, 01:45 AM
Make sure your hammer o-ring is good.

Have you tried firing it with a paintball? Some blowbacks won't operate properly without the backpressure caused by a paintball in the breech/barrel.

undescriptive
03-10-2005, 05:17 AM
this is a regular occourance on several of our spyders here....

usually casued by a bit of liquid CO2 and a humid day...

water + cold CO2 + O-rings = burps....

is your CO2 can anti-syphoned?

Soopa Villain17
03-10-2005, 09:17 AM
the gun workked fine , then it just stopped , it dont leak , im pretty sure everything is back together , i have been workign with it inside so theres no water or nothing, nothing is worn , its barely been used , like 5 or 6 games i think , idk im just gunna put some new parts on it or something see if it works , i hate spyders

skife
03-10-2005, 10:43 AM
change the hammer o-ring.

and when you do, make sure its a hammer o-ring, not a bottle o-ring.

bottle o-rings are just slightly smaller than hammer o-rings so it'll screw it up.

Soopa Villain17
03-10-2005, 11:46 AM
screw all that im partin the peice of crap out

AnArchist_1944
03-10-2005, 01:56 PM
ok its not all that hard take it apart wipe all excess oil off all parts take all o-rings off put new o-rings on all parts use tank o-rings next make sure the big thick bumper o-ring is behind the hammer and the cup seal is in the right way the metal guide on the top of the plastic part of the cup seal and the metal rod facing down towards the inside of the gun and the valve spring on the top of the metal guide peice and make sure your bolt is not in upside down.

if you do that the gun should work flawlessly i fix these things for a living and they are not that hard if you do that it should cure all spyder problems.

Fathom
03-10-2005, 02:15 PM
The cup seal.

Happened to me with a victori fixed. What you need to do is replace it sand the neck of the valve lightly then blue it. That will show wether it is sealing all around.

Automaggin2
03-10-2005, 03:37 PM
no if it was the cup seal it would be pissing air down the barrel but the valve/cup seal assy could be in backwards or make sure your bolt is not in upside down make sure the hole in the bolt that the air travels thru is facing down.

No, your wrong. Anyone who has had an orginal spyder like myself, you will remember a big problem was the cup seal. The smallest spec of dirty could cause the gun to sputter.

And you cant put a spyder rodeo bolt in upside down, its connected to the hammer

Destructo6
03-10-2005, 10:01 PM
I'll vote for the striker Oring, too. I have 4 Spyders and the only time they've sputtered, other than being out of air, is if the striker Oring went dry or was damaged.

When the cupseal(s) went bad, they simply leaked all the time.

AnArchist_1944
03-10-2005, 10:56 PM
or the hammer or bolt o-rings if they are stock could have swollen and are draging causing extra uneeded friction.

Deathshadow9k
03-11-2005, 04:13 AM
interesting question here, i think its the bumper prbly or the cupseal....regardless shouldn't this thread be in tech forum?