PDA

View Full Version : More room w/ RTP sear than w/ Classic?

warbeak2099
03-09-2005, 07:27 PM
Does the RTP sear's arm sit farther back in the trigger frame than the Classic's does? I've been trying to install electronics in my Logic frame and the Classic sear doesn't give the noid enough room to fit. I know Joni did the mod and he used an RTP rail and sear. I've dremelled the frame so that the noid will sit as far back away from the sear arm as possible and the sear arm is still constantly in contact with the noid plunger. There is no room for the plunger to move.

Chronobreak
03-09-2005, 08:18 PM
if you have an rt rail you NEED an rt sear.

use the one it came with

personman
03-09-2005, 08:43 PM
No, the classic sear lines up just like the RT. They are pretty much the same size I'm 80% sure.

warbeak2099
03-09-2005, 08:53 PM
I have an Alpha rail with a classic sear. Joni used a stock RTP rail with a RTP sear.

They line up the same? Damn, I can't figure out why I can't get it to work then. The noid looks the same. I'm using the noid from a spyder amg. It looks exactly the same as the centerflag hyperframe noid that Joni used. I have the same trigger frame too. It looks like Joni had a buttload more room in his mod. Arrgh!!!

athomas
03-10-2005, 08:52 AM
Some of the old classic sears had more metal on the sear itself. The newer ones and the rt pro sears are more streamlined which is why there may be a difference in available room in your grip frame.

calcan311
03-10-2005, 10:59 AM
The spyder mags I have seen and did myself, the noid dosen't directly push the sear. The noid pushes the spyder sear and the spyder sear pushes the mag sear. You have to cut most of the bottom off of the mag sear and notch it. There are pics of it in PBnation under spydermag. I did mine with an am/mm rail.

warbeak2099
03-11-2005, 09:02 AM
I am not making a spydermag. I already said that I am putting electronics in my Logic vert frame. I just bought the gun from Logic over the summer. I can't imagine that it has an old style sear. Also, I'm not talking about needing like another 1mm, I need about 1cm more of room. I'm just baffled. :cry:

RRfireblade
03-11-2005, 11:34 AM
Emag sear.

The trigger tang sits farther back in the frame,it's almost directly under the sear pivot point.

You just have to cut or grind off the 'E' arm of course.

warbeak2099
03-11-2005, 12:45 PM
Ugh, so would have to get a different rail. Darn.