PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Roguefactor Product (could be me)

p8ntball365
03-09-2005, 07:28 PM
So I got my shadow rail and all my cool stuff. But I have one problem: When I put my valve in and screw in the Field strip screw(with the snatchgrip in between of course), And screw the screw in hand tight, The snatchgrip will wiggle from side to side. I use the allen wrench and screw in a half turn and it still wiggles. So I took the Snatchgrip off and the screw screws in fine w/o snatch. Am I doing something wrong? I talked with Duck Hunt and we couldn't figure it out. Can anyone help, especially Roguefactor.

Thanks in advance.

warbeak2099
03-09-2005, 07:32 PM
Do you have that thin little o-ring on the field strip screw? If you do have it, it sounds like the snatch grip's mounting hole is too big.

p8ntball365
03-09-2005, 07:33 PM
so how far is too far?

thanks for the speedy response

Lorenz0666
you know what, the same thing happened to me, the only thing i can think of is tighten the screw real good like

p8ntball365
no i dont have a little oring???

TMAXXKING1
03-09-2005, 07:36 PM
the oring should be on your feild strip screw . from the factory ..take a look and see it is there ..

warbeak2099
03-09-2005, 07:36 PM
There is supposed to be a small o-ring on the field strip screw. Without it I'd imagine it would fit somewhat loosely.

p8ntball365
03-09-2005, 07:38 PM
K I'll take a look

What happened to you Roguefactor??? I was just saying I got good help from AO, no need to get an attitude.

p8ntball365
03-09-2005, 07:42 PM
Nope I dont have an oring on there... I traded my eblade for it, so its not from the factory. I see a place on my screw thats orange-y is that where the oring goes.

Enemy
03-10-2005, 02:03 AM
yeah having that there will help alot!!

guysdaman
03-10-2005, 02:37 AM
Nope I dont have an oring on there... I traded my eblade for it, so its not from the factory. I see a place on my screw thats orange-y is that where the oring goes.

That probably is the "o-ring" everybody is talking about...it is more of a small flat rubbery washer that should be on the bottom of the field strip screw.

p8ntball365
03-10-2005, 09:03 AM
does it look like the carrier oring?

Dryden
03-10-2005, 09:07 AM
No, should look like a rubber washer.

http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=265&categoryID=16

http://store.airgun.com/images/product/265.jpg

hitech
03-10-2005, 10:52 AM
I was just saying I got good help from AO, no need to get an attitude.

I missed the attitude?!?!? Sounded like a simple explaination to me. Why did you take offense to it? :confused:

jamescell
03-10-2005, 11:29 AM
huh, I bought my rt-pro straight from agd, and it didn't come with an o-ring on the field strip screw :confused:

p8ntball365
03-10-2005, 11:36 AM
NO no no hitech. Roguefactor im'ed me and asked why i couldnt Instant message him. I said I always got good/great help from AO. He said he was always on, I said not 20 min's ago when Duck Hunt and I first Realized the problem, and he said well I'll let them help you and signed off. Not any of the explanations at all. sorry for the misunderstanding. :dance:

Creative Mayhem
03-10-2005, 03:42 PM
What happened to you Roguefactor??? I was just saying I got good help from AO, no need to get an attitude.

You will have to tighten more than a half turn if you do not want ANY wiggle, but do not overtighten.

The snatch grip was made to have a little wiggle so that it could accomodate the different trigger frames.

Are you kidding?!?!? Rogue gave you a PERFECTLY legitimate reason as to why it could be wiggling. Don't go blaming him for your technological ineptness. The snatch grip was designed for a mag, and for mulitiple frames with different dimensions, there fore you are going to get wiggle with some frames and none with others. As for the tightening down of the screw, if you tighten it down it will snug up and hold it but if you overtighten it you run the risk of breaking off the field strip screw in the valve with the normal vibrations of use.

Many parts have what are called tolerances, RPG snatch grips need slightly larger tolerances to fit other frames. There are a lot of products that are specific to one thing and one thing only and STILL have wiggle or wobble and are loose. Examples, quick disconnect style drops.... The tolereances need to be loose in order for them to work, and allow the disconnect to work. You can just snug the retaining nut/bolt to reduce the wiggle. If the slight wiggle was not there you could neither get the disconnect to slide on or off, and you might as well have a fixed drop. Emag Battery packs, are another example, every single pack will wiggle. You need to snug the field strip screw down in order to eliminate the wiggle.

Sorry for the rant, but people need to understand that these things are this way for a reason. If you don't like it, then don't buy it and close yourself off from all technology. :D

p8ntball365
03-10-2005, 04:02 PM
Woah you must not understand, I was complimenting all of you guys when I said I got good even great help, the comment I made was for a conversation on AIM, not AO. The only reason I posted that on AO was because he signed off of AO, and I felt that was the only way I could have what could be a conversation with him. And I've been getting mixed responses, most say to buy the o-ring others are saying to tighten it more.

warbeak2099
03-11-2005, 08:57 AM
Yea, he said Rogue was pissy with him on aim not in his response here. Read before you rant.

Don't tighten it more, just buy that washer. Tightening it more risks damage and who needs that. I'd get the washer and see if that helps. It most likely will. Tightening the field strip screw more than finger tight isn't a good idea.

Ole Unka Phil
03-11-2005, 10:18 AM
Sometimes you do have to tighten it a tad more than finger tight. But don't go crazy.

Leave the kid alone. He got panicky and thats what we here for. I am certain Rouge would rather he had come to him first and I am certian he told him so. But knowing him I am certain he is not gonna lose no sleep over it nor hold a grudge over such a minor thing.

You shouldn't make people feel scared to come here for help. And I don't see anything wrong with admonishing them for being over reactive but sheeesh... give the kids a break. They are the future of paintball... and the world.... scary isn't it? :( :D

p8ntball365
03-11-2005, 11:14 AM
Definetly^. I was worried cause i just spent a considerable amount of money on upgrades through RogueFactor. And to not have one of those upgrades work, is pretty freaky. I would have talked to RogueFactor first if he was on aim when the problem/realization arose.