PDA

View Full Version : Air leak where air line connects to mag body?

Afboy143
03-09-2005, 07:47 PM
The hole on the right of the body where the air elbow screws into leaks air pretty bad. I used teflon and I screw it in all the way but it still leaks air. Is there supposed to be a o ring or something in there that I am missing?

warbeak2099
03-09-2005, 07:58 PM
Make sure you're using enough teflon. Remove the fitting and strip off all the teflon you've put on. Wrap 2 layers on the threads, smooth the tape on by running your fingers on it, and screw the fitting into the valve. Try using a little red loctite at the end of the fitting threads as well. Wait a while before you gas the gun up though. Let the loctite dry.

Also, are you using macroline? You may have a bad fitting or hose. If you're using 32* macrloine and fittings this is most likely the case. I know my experience with the 32* kit was horrible.

kurama
03-09-2005, 08:50 PM
Red loctite + Airline = No no unless you plan on having your airline permanately connected.

Dont use teflon, you're probably applying it wrong... Try using Blue loctite. Its better for the marker anyways. If it doesnt help, get back to us.

warbeak2099
03-09-2005, 08:54 PM
I use red loctite on my airlines. When I need to unscrew the fitting I just need to use a little force and a wrench.

Afboy143
03-09-2005, 09:53 PM
I know how to apply teflon. I wrap it around 1 or two times, run it into the cracks with my fingers then put it into the gun.

whats the diff between blue and red loc tite

can I wrap 2 layers of teflon around the elbow then apply blue loctite onto it? and no its not 32* macro

Dayspring
03-09-2005, 11:09 PM
It's telon OR loctite. Not both.

Blue is removable with some force. Red usually requires heat & force. Green requires LOTS and LOTS of heat and LOTS of force.

Afboy143
03-10-2005, 07:59 AM
what if I use 545 purple loctite sealant, would I use teflon with that? or just run the sealant across the threads and screw it in without teflon?

athomas
03-10-2005, 08:48 AM
Just use the purple 545 without teflon tape. Don't use teflon tape unless you have to. The problem with tape is that tiny pieces can break off and mess up the air passages of the valve.