PDA

View Full Version : I need one shim!

.68bruise
03-09-2005, 11:14 PM
I have managed to mangle all of my shims but one. Without that second shim in my
Level X I keep chopping. I was wondering if I can find these at a hardware store or electronics store. If not I was hoping some kind person would mail me one. I want to play on sunday and cant afford (I know its sad but its true) to get them of of airgun.com.
Thanks allot, Jeff

player4
03-09-2005, 11:28 PM
This is the wrong forum
Anyways, ironically, I ruined all of my shims too. Then I bought some more from AGD, and I ruined all of those. But I have my level ten running smoothly now, some how.
My suggestion is to just buy some AGD.

White_Noise
03-10-2005, 12:36 AM
how can you ruin that many shims in the first place?

seriously, ive owned several lvl10 kits, and havent messed up a single one yet.

.68bruise
03-10-2005, 01:26 AM
how can you ruin that many shims in the first place?

seriously, ive owned several lvl10 kits, and havent messed up a single one yet.

Wow, you are so cool. Haven't messed up one shim. It must be because of your maintenance man background. Maybe you can start a career out of being so delicate.
'Imagine a flower swaying in a slight breeze smilie'

quik
03-10-2005, 01:30 AM
Your not going to get a shim by mocking the users and being an ***, thats for sure.

.68bruise
03-10-2005, 02:25 AM
Your not going to get a shim by mocking the users and being an ***, thats for sure.
Yea, well I just asked a question and if white noise was trying to help he would have offered me one of his many ("several level X's' = 3lx + 6 shims each= 18 shims - 2 per each lx = 12 shims) shims which he doesn't need and apparently won't need due to his unfaltering delicate touch. I really do appreciate any help I am given but white noise was not offering help. And he was in my opinion being an ***

guysdaman
03-10-2005, 02:41 AM
and your not...Treat others as you wish to be treated! If Sally jumps of a bridge will you too? Show some class and maturity and IGNORE it

White_Noise
03-10-2005, 05:00 AM
Yea, well I just asked a question and if white noise was trying to help he would have offered me one of his many ("several level X's' = 3lx + 6 shims each= 18 shims - 2 per each lx = 12 shims) shims which he doesn't need and apparently won't need due to his unfaltering delicate touch. I really do appreciate any help I am given but white noise was not offering help. And he was in my opinion being an ***

i was merely asking how it is possible to screw one up, in the many installs ive done, ive never found a time when one could get bent up and was wondering how this could happen. if you want some shims, send a self addressed stamped envelope to me. pm me if you want my address, i can send out some shims as soon as you get an envelope to me.

NOTE: as for being delicate...yes im delicate in everything i do. whether it be teching paintball equipment, working in the chem lab, or working doing maintainance, i take pride in my work and like to do things right the first time instead of not being delicate, and having to go back and fix what i screwed up.

tyrion2323
03-10-2005, 06:03 AM
Wow, you are so cool. Haven't messed up one shim. It must be because of your maintenance man background. Maybe you can start a career out of being so delicate.
'Imagine a flower swaying in a slight breeze smilie'

Get a life, and keep your crappy attitude away from AO.

athomas
03-10-2005, 07:36 AM
Shims don't prevent chopping. They only determine how far forward the bolt has to go before it can be reset.

If you are having chopping problems, then look for another source of the problem other than the shims. It means you need a stiffer spring or possibly you are using a barrel that is too tight.

.68bruise
03-10-2005, 09:40 AM
i was merely asking how it is possible to screw one up, in the many installs ive done, ive never found a time when one could get bent up and was wondering how this could happen. if you want some shims, send a self addressed stamped envelope to me. pm me if you want my address, i can send out some shims as soon as you get an envelope to me.

NOTE: as for being delicate...yes im delicate in everything i do. whether it be teching paintball equipment, working in the chem lab, or working doing maintainance, i take pride in my work and like to do things right the first time instead of not being delicate, and having to go back and fix what i screwed up.

Hey man, I'm sorry to have offended you. I was just messing around. Take no offense because I obviously don't know you! To answer your first question two shims were bent when I got my X valve, my roommate threw one out, and I have bent one by mistakenly not installing it flush with the o ring carrier. That doesn't account for them all but it's what i remember.

p8ntball365
03-10-2005, 03:37 PM
Your mathematic suggestion is wrong you say there are two shims per level 10, this is not true, people use different number of shims depending on their setup.

Conversekidz
03-10-2005, 11:10 PM
I doon't get how your roomate throwing you out bent a shim.....

But the best way to learn how to take care of your equipment is to buy new parts when you break the old. When you spend something llike 5 dollars for a single barb (I just broke mine on my freestyle cause I rushed taking it out :D ) you learn to take your time cause if you don't it costs you money.

11_Mile_TMaster
03-11-2005, 12:48 AM
i was merely asking how it is possible to screw one up, in the many installs ive done, ive never found a time when one could get bent up and was wondering how this could happen.

Well, the only time I screwed one up I was drunk, I dropped the shims into the PT and didn't look, ended up catching one in the PT Tip thread... and, well, that was the end of it. :)

frop
03-11-2005, 06:28 AM
Common sense helps avoid bent shims by checking that they are fully seated. Hell, the manual even specifically says to check the shim(s).

White_Noise
03-11-2005, 08:13 PM
Well, the only time I screwed one up I was drunk, I dropped the shims into the PT and didn't look, ended up catching one in the PT Tip thread... and, well, that was the end of it. :)

lol, now that i can see. i havent done too much work on my mags when drunk....but ive done enough ;) :cheers:

maglover728
03-12-2005, 12:15 AM
In all the drunken teching that I have preformed on various things through my life, I have come to the conclusion that almost everything works better if you have "spare parts" laying around when you are done. The only exceptions I have found to this rule are:
1. Firearms
2. Engines
3. Paintball markers

11_Mile_TMaster
03-12-2005, 12:18 AM
lol, now that i can see. i havent done too much work on my mags when drunk....but ive done enough ;) :cheers:

Yeah, Well Funk put a stop to my drunken Magsmithing a while back after he helped me with a really cruddy hose setup I did under the influence. :)