PDA

View Full Version : Sydarm making funny sounds...

Shives
03-10-2005, 03:09 PM
OK, I'm one of the lucky ones to have gotten one of the original Sydarms. I really haven't had any call to use it for a handfull of years, so it has really just been a show piece. I've gotten it out recently, and want to put it into play. I seem to be having a little problem w/ it though.

I currently have my pump kit on it, and have set it up to run constant air. When I first gassed it up (running a fixed output compressed air tank), it leaked a little down the barrel. I took it apart and oiled the heck out of it. Now, when I pump it, I get a little bit of a leak down the barrel for just a moment. When I pull the trigger, I get a good sounding pop, followed by what sounds like another leak for just a moment. At rest, both cocked and uncocked, there doesn't appear to be a leak at all.

I have tried swapping around power tube spacers, and haven't found a change. So far I've just been dry firing, but doubt paint would make a real difference.

Any thoughts or suggestions???

Thanks,
Shives

Shives
03-11-2005, 06:30 PM
Can't anyone help.

Thanks,
Shives

somersgoalie53
03-11-2005, 08:59 PM
i dont have one and i am not familiar with it but id guess send it to agd and have then toy with it better to do that than have it blow up in ur face