PDA

View Full Version : Fixed 2 piece VS Removable 2 piece

HyperSnyper
11-18-2001, 04:06 AM
I know this is a gun forum, but then there is no real barrel section.

I just went through the DYE site (nice looking stuff), I read their barrel section and they claimed that fixed barrels are better (or in their words "glued is better than screwed"). They claim that constant removal can create incorrect tolerances in the alignment.

I wantd to know everyones opinion, cuz I am just hours away from buying a JT 2 piece for my Micro (ever since AGD confirmed that a shorter control bore usually equals tighter shot to shot consistencies). Now this thing that DYE said really is eating away at me...

grrrrrrrrrrr

Oh well. Hope you guys can help me out.

-Hyper

Minimag4me
11-18-2001, 04:19 AM
i have only experience with "glued"(i use loctite) 2 pieces. JJ and dye i know use "glued" barrels and they are very trusted high end barrels. My opinion is as long as the seam between the 2 pieces is smooth all is good. I really believe 2 piece barrels are hype though. I think a basic single bore size tube is proven and thereotically more accurate that a step bore size(and cheaper). I now have a dye stainless and it is great. My friend has a JJ 2 piece and it works great too so its prefrence. 2 pieces look purdy though but i wanted an all chrome barrel so 1 piece works for me.