PDA

View Full Version : Reloader board

mR.HaAPPY
03-11-2005, 02:26 PM
So... recently'ish I traded my halo b to a user on this forum who will remain unnamed for his reloader b. We decided to ship at the same time, even though he didn't actually ship until a day or two after he had received mine. Anyway, I get the reloader, but I didn't have any batteries and wasn't planning to play for a while, so I figured I'd just let it sit until I get some batteries and maybe go test fire in my backyard or something... And wouldn't you know it, the thing's busted. I put some batteries in and it just turned on. I held down the button, and the lights flashed red or whatever, indicating that it is off, but it just kept running. I stuck my finger in to see if it would stop and it didn't, it pulsed a couple times definitely with enough force to break a ball and then the lights went nuts indicating there was a jam.

that's the back story....

So, now, I'm pretty sad... I don't have any other loader, so I need to get this thing going eventually. I don't know if you would exactly call it communicating, but I've been somewhat in touch with the other party. At first he seemed very opposed to doing anything at all, and then he seemed to be willing to replace the board.. and now he hasn't responded to my pm's. Anyway, I have a few questions for the AO populace. Is it possible to do something warrenty-wise about this, even though I don't have a warrenty card or anything (in other words, is there a place I can contact about getting this fixed for free)? If not, where can I buy a replacement board and how much do they cost, on average?

now, after that incredibly and increasingly lengthy post, I think I'll retire to watching episodes of Batman: the animated series on DVD and eating plain cheerios (for cholesterol). Thanks to all for any input.

PEACE

Glickman
03-11-2005, 02:41 PM
mmmm i just had my cheerios :D

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=bREZilL0XOEZShDFntzZIlhSZWB90P1bHGQ=?Pro ductID=lPSsFAY79AoAAAD9gdd5cSoJ (http://)

$50 and change usually, ive never seen replacement boards, just the "upgrade kits"

good luck with your hopper

Torbo
03-11-2005, 03:02 PM
send it to national in new jersey. a new board is 35 bucks, plus the shipping to get it there. i got mine back in about a week and a half

Enemy
03-11-2005, 06:10 PM
yeah i got my board for 40 and its friedno as well!! i wonder is it possible to swap switches?

Skoad
03-11-2005, 06:48 PM
I stuck my finger in to see if it would stop and it didn't
PEACE

reloader b's are sound activated. They do NOT have eyes like a halo.

See if you can find the instructions somewhere, im not exactly sure what you can do on reloaders but theres probably a sensitivity adjustment somewhere. It's probably just spinning because it hears itself, or you have some kind of background noise going on.

mR.HaAPPY
03-11-2005, 07:00 PM
There's no background noise... or at least not sufficient enough that it should set off the reloader. I've tried many times. As soon as I connect the battery pack the thing turns on.... I'm thinking not normal.

I stuck my finger in the drive cone/cup thing to see if it would operate normally, other than the always on business. no go.

Thanks for all the help guys. I'll try and contact the other party, see what he has to say about this.