PDA

View Full Version : RT ULT stops dead after 5 shots

fifthmag
03-12-2005, 01:01 AM
Hi guys, may thanks to the guys that replied in an effort to get my new RTP up and running. Alas, she gasses up, the trigger feels good, reactivity is nice for about 5 shots and then she just stops dead. There is still trigger pressure, just no response from the valve.

I've checked input pressure with three different tanks, same issue all three tanks. I've got all the shims in the ULT, added one at a time to rectify the not recharging properly/ gun won't fire issue, but it still jams solid. LX is the .5 carrier, two shims, second to top spring. Y grip frame.

It almost seems like a an on/off pin or sear issue? Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks for your time, Wayne.

Siress
03-12-2005, 01:24 AM
I won't pretend to know what I'm talking about but it sounds like there is no air coming from the LPR on the back of the valve. See if you can tell a differance in resistance when adjusting the LPR cap when first aired up and after shooting those 5 shots. Like I said, I'm just guessing.

undescriptive
03-12-2005, 05:11 AM
have you tried lots of oil and turning the velocity up?

I mean oil it like you have never oiled before :D

some in the PowerTube, some in the on/off and some in the ASA and see if the helps...

you might need to go up a carrier size too

CaliMagFan
03-12-2005, 06:17 AM
tighten you field strip screw with a wrench next time your marker stops... you'lll hear it click in when its tightened sufficiently.

bravo..
kyro

fifthmag
03-13-2005, 02:49 AM
Thanks guys, I manually worked the on/off and discovered a slight catching. I jiggled it up and down for about 20 minutes, lubed the crap out of it, and hey presto it seems to work!

She chews gas like a Hummer, but we only play limited paint games anyway so fingers crossed, we are all set to go. Thankyou, calimagfan, undescriptive, siress and all who responded.