PDA

View Full Version : micromag vert frames...

master_alexander
03-12-2005, 04:46 PM
i was thinking about getting a micromag and putting a vert frame on it, but i don't know if they bolt on in different places than a regular mag. Which vert frame fits right with no or not that much tweaking?

Creative Mayhem
03-12-2005, 04:51 PM
The only difference between a regular mag and a Micro is the Micro has the rail integrated into the body. Basically you will be bolting the frame to the body. Other than that it will work fine.

master_alexander
03-12-2005, 05:07 PM
ok cool, for some reason i thought it was more complicated than that

Chronobreak
03-12-2005, 06:23 PM
it kinda is...

i put my vert frame on mine
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/kartakeeper/3.jpg

i ahd to get a detent from an older mag to hold the sear pin inplace ebcause without the stock trigger there is nothing to hold it there..

a paperclip or seomthing similar would also work.

it stays fine wehn the gun is pressurized but if tis not held there when the gun is off it can easily slide out

SpecialBlend2786
03-12-2005, 06:31 PM
i ahd to get a detent from an older mag to hold the sear pin inplace ebcause without the stock trigger there is nothing to hold it there..

a paperclip or seomthing similar would also work.

it stays fine wehn the gun is pressurized but if tis not held there when the gun is off it can easily slide out

thats interesting....
with my old micromag body the sear pin was integrated into the body, it screwed in and out. Mine was a 2000 model though, vert feed.

Chronobreak
03-12-2005, 06:37 PM
special-hmm..good call

gues it depends what year/version you have

mines an older one not sure on the year. but i think if i recal he(master) has a similar micro to mine?

to see if it will need a holder take the frame off and see if the pin will shake out.

on mine the 45* single trigger covered and held it in. yours may not be the same but the 90* didnt cover the hole

nevets11_2003
03-12-2005, 09:31 PM
mine is exaclty like the frist pic but all black, it has a rouge vert frame and its a vert feed, any ways i got it off my emag which used to be a micro emag and i had too do no modifactions.. i just unscrewed the sear pin and that was it....
i can take some pics of the inside if that helps but mine just fit prefectly..

automikey
03-12-2005, 10:33 PM
older micros need the side rails to hold the sear in place (cover the hole), newer micros (the VF, for one) need a grip frame with a flat top.

I need one with a flat top if anyone has one, I already have a logic frame with the side rails.

Chronobreak- I considered bidding on that body when you bought it (from hawaii, right?) but passed, not realizing the hopper right/left difference on that model. But now I have one, I think I'll try the warp left like you are doing. Thanks for all your contributions!